STS question--body weight exercises

kristen

Cathlete
For the exercises using body weight "only," there are some on disc 1, and I would assume therefore on other discs, where I either can't complete the number of reps Cathe does or can only do so, for instance, if I take the pushups to my knees. In those situations, should I be proceeding on to the next disc for my next week's workouts, or should I be repeating the disc until I can do the full number of reps at the same degree of difficulty that Cathe is doing? By the way, I loved disc 1--really fun and challenging and motivating!

Personally, I plan on keeping notes of any exercises where I can't complete the rep or need to modify. For instance, if I can only do 25 standard push-ups before going on my knees for the last 5, I'll write in my notes section 20 toes/5 knees. Then when standard push-ups pop up again in a future workout, I'll strive for at least one more push-up on my toes before going to my knees.

I wouldn't do a workout again. Just my opinion.

Wendy

I am doing the same as Wendy. I'd continue on with the next DVD! (I am also keeping notes on my card how many I did or, if I used a weight too heavy or light.)

Kristen, don't qoute me but...
I think the idea of STS is that you are always doing something different.
that said, I wouldn't do the workout again, just keep notes like Wendy said (BTW) good idea...I'm stealing it ;)

Mary

For the exercises using body weight "only," there are some on disc 1, and I would assume therefore on other discs, where I either can't complete the number of reps Cathe does or can only do so, for instance, if I take the pushups to my knees. In those situations, should I be proceeding on to the next disc for my next week's workouts, or should I be repeating the disc until I can do the full number of reps at the same degree of difficulty that Cathe is doing? By the way, I loved disc 1--really fun and challenging and motivating!

As we like to say in STS "failure is a good thing". We hope and expect that you will not be able to do all of the targeted reps for a lot of exercises. If you never reach failure in STS you have chosen weights that are too light and your results will suffer. So there is no problem or need to worry about not being able to complete all the reps. Just give it your best and then move on to the next disc.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.