STS Pyramid Challenge - November

Hey Julie welcome aboard :)
Its great to finally put a face to all our messages!

So glad you decided to join us and if you really want to have some instant fun come join us on Myfitnesspal as well... its like fb for fitness junkies...easier than checking in actually!

Have a great day and so happy to see your face...you started my day with a smile:) thanks
steph

Good morning girls,

Just a quick check in: Started M3 on Monday, love the longer rests:p BTW, I love my tower. Today is cardio, not sure what I will do today?

Welcome Jules!

Kiki - thanks for thebday wishes! Still haven't made up my mind, lol.

Brenda - what did you end up doing for M3?

Enough talk, better get busy. I will be back!

Good Morning, ladies!

OK, so...on a dare, I did LIS-LIC on Sunday :rolleyes:, just the combos 1-4, and then when you put it all together. I skipped the leg blasts, since I was doing legs the next day, and didn't wanna go overboard. It was OK, I guess. I mean, ya'll know how I feel about step workouts :eek: , but I could pretty much keep up (minus the last combo :confused: ). Yesterday was D17 (legs), and today I'll be doing D16 (CST).

Steph - You ARE a fitness machine! Fitting in wo's during AND after DDs practice?! :eek: How much ice cream did you eat, woman?! :p Way to go on the heavy lifts, you know I was right there w/ya on the crazy DOMS :eek: . I cannot fathom how y'all do those wo's back to back! Never again! :cool:

Belinda: Not sure if I said it before (probably have :p ), but I LOVE M3!!!!!! I really like M2, but I think M3 just may be my one true love :eek: .. Pretty funny, because I do believe that many Cathletes will beg to differ w/me on that one, lol. I'm so happy you got that tower in time for M3, it makes a WORLD of difference! BTW, Are you doing Plyo Legs or SR?

Jules: Welcome to the gang! Hope you enjoy your rest week, and get lots of stretching in for the next level ;). My hats of to you (and the other ladies!) that are doing STS 6xs/wk, I don't know how y'all do it :D. As Steph mentioned, we're also over at MFP logging our eats, spying on each others, and (admittedly) having a bit too much fun :p. If you're not already logging your eats, it's a great tool (and has an app, if you're a smartphone peep :cool: ). If you're already over there, feel free to add us!

Hi Girls,

I got started on M2 pyramiding down today! I did D13 & pilates abs. KiKi, I took your advice and decided to go forward w/ the discs instead of backwards. I think it'll be the right decision for me. I upped my weights and failed a lot so hopefully I'll see some extra results.

Jules, welcome aboard! You and Steph are some tough cookies doubling up. I'd like to give a go sometime in the future...maybe ;)

You all have gotten me curious about MFP. I'll check it out. I log my eats in a notebook now but I've been wondering if there's an easier way. Do they have an app?

Tracy

Hi Ladies - thanks for the warm welcome! :) I am trying to keep up with Steph (yeah, right) by doubling up on the STS workouts, but I *am* taking extra rest days here and there as needed. I finished up Meso 1 in 36 days, so it took me about 5 weeks. Since I took the extra rest days, I don't feel like I need the "active recovery" week and am heading straight into Meso 2.

I just finished up Disc 14-Legs and it was awesome! Nice to have the 1 minute rests between trisets and less equipment to drag out, plus a shorter workout. I do feel like I am going to need to increase my weight next time on some of the exercises -- especially on squats and deadlifts. The problem I have is that my hands and forearms can't handle as much weight as my legs could. With only 10 reps (vs. the 15 per set in Meso 1), however, I do feel like I can handle more now.

Belinda and Kiki: So jealous you have the tower! I have been thinking about putting it on the Christmas list, but I don't think dh would want it in our bedroom (where I work out). We already have tons of equipment out including dh's older Nordic weight machine. We have a really low profile bed so I doubt the tower would fit underneath.

Tracy and Steph: It must feel so great to be pyramiding down! Are you changing things up cardio and diet-wise at all from when you pyramided up?

Well, I am going to have a quick protein shake here and then finish up my workout with Insane Abs/Shaun T. I hope everyone is having a great day. :)

Julie....come on over to the dark side "darth vader voice"....myfitnesspal....we are waiting for you.....Tracy you tooooo......lots of fun...instant gratification...

Funny how most of us ended up in M2 together, lol. Just heading in different directions on the pyramid...

Tracy: Yes, MFP has an app! :D If it didn't, I wouldn't be able to do it, lol. I've tried logging my food a zillion times before, but now it's super easy, and I stick to it. I love the app, cause I can log the food AS I'm eating it, lol. (and sometimes seeing the stats on it is enough to make me put it down, rofl)

Jules: Belinda works out in an RV, and has made space for that darn tower :eek: , so ya never know til ya try, lol...AND, I know you didn't ask me, lol (I think I say that a lot :eek: ) but I'll be adjusting my cals as I progress through each Meso, so essentially I'll be "pyramiding" them as well.

Steph: Where's your dang STS ticker :mad:?! Get with it, woman! :p

Kiki: in case you don't remember I am 40 years old and technically challanged! trying to find how to add a ticker has me stumped:confused:

Yesterday I did disc 13 again at work and today I will try the disc 15..I can't remember being this sore going the way up the pyramid... i may have to rethink my doubling up:(

Tracy: thanks for the comic relief with your toddler article!:D

Steph: I would totally re-think doubling up if I were you. You have to remember you are pushing yourself harder and lifting heavier than before. When you're lifting that heavy, IMO you need the rests. People like to think that more work = more results, but that's not always true. The magic actually happens when you REST, not when you're working. You already know that muscles change from when muscles tear, & then repair. The repair part is when the muscle changes. If your muscles aren't getting the rest they need, then you won't get the changes you seek. As hard as it is for fitness junkies like us to realize, rest is crucial. If your body is showing you signs of not fully recovering from one workout to the next, you could be doing yourself a major disservice, and undoing all your hard work... :(

Just my opinion, lol (you know I got lots of 'em :p )

As for the STS ticker, click on "Cathe fun" at the top of either this page or on the workout manager page (can't remember which one, I'm posting from my phone), and all the tickers are there

Last edited:
Julie....come on over to the dark side "darth vader voice"....myfitnesspal....we are waiting for you.....Tracy you tooooo......lots of fun...instant gratification...

Must Resist... Fitness Vortex... (I'm thinking about it though- sounds like fun!) :D

I just finished up disc 13. I LOVE working shoulders and triceps -- chest, not so much. It seems like time just can't go fast enough during all those chest presses LOL. I'll make sure to do a good stretch here in a bit, but I am super hungry so I'm gonna have a little lunch first.

Thanks KIKI...i am 99% sure starting next week i will be doing singles...like i said I seriously don't remember being this sore on the way up!

I have tried to do the ticker like you said...

Yay, Steph! Look at you stepping out of your comfort zone (and the stone age! :p) LOL. I didn't even consider the pyramid down aspect of the ticker, lol. Maybe you should add to your signature that you're pyramidding down, to explain why the ticker is moving forward and then back, lol. Well, if you do start doing STS 3x's /wk, at least you'll be able to fit in more of your other non-weight wo's ;)

Okay....I am going to do it KIKI...following your hot tamale advice and going to 3x a week...worse comes to worse next time i sts i can do it 6x...BTW are we all stsing again in January to kick off the new year??

Okay so the sort of plan is...
sts 3x week meso 2 week 2 (except week 3 which i totally hate!) and 1

I will most likely add in p90x legs and back one day to work my goal areas or maybe a mish mash of back portion I love working on pull ups! and some extra sort cathe legs

I guess i will take tomorrow as a total rest day and start my new stuff Saturday!

Hi Girls,

I got legs done yesterday and I loved getting back to the weights...not sure if Plyo legs is really my thing. I went a little crazy w/ the weight load and my legs were pretty numb for awhile after my w/o. And of course I've got big time DOMS happening in the legs, chest and traps. The traps kind of surprised me, I guess I'm feeling it there from the shoulder work? It baffles me why I don't ever get sore in my actual shoulders, though. Do y'all? The triceps have settled down today.

KiKi, how are you adjusting your calories? I'm not a big calorie counter but rather work on what foods I eat at each meal and how much. I know it's something I need to learn though so I'll look for the MFP app.

Better run...my preschooler is literally pushing me away from the computer to get him a costume to dress up in. Check back soon...

Tracy

Howdy!

It was tough to get motivated today - I took dd to a birthday party last night and then didn't get enough sleep. Once I got into the workout (Disc 15 Back and Bis) it felt great though. :) I was psyched that I was able to significantly increase my weights on both biceps and deadlifts. (My forearms and hand grip were starting to give out early on deadlifts at 82 lbs though.)

I can tell I'm going to be really sore tomorrow. It's funny how sore I am at the beginning of each Meso and then by the end of 4 weeks, I'm all cocky as the doms subsides and workouts seem easier, only to get hammered by doms at the beginning of the next Mesocycle - that's what makes STS so great!

I thought it might be fun if everyone shares a trick or semi-healthy way they deal with food cravings. Here are some of mine: When I want chocolate, I eat Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds or have a protein shake made with coconut milk, vanilla whey, and Amazing Grass Chocolate Superfood. If I'm really desperate for dessert I have a DumDum lollypop. :p

Kiki: I love your concept of pyramiding food along with STS -- you put it so eloquently! I was thinking I would decrease carbs and increase cardio on the way back down, as well as drop the doubling up on the weight workouts. Could you share your plan?

Tracy: LOL at your little one dragging you away from the puter - sounds a lot like my son. :) I never really thought about it, but I don't ever get much doms in my shoulders either. Sorry to hear you didn't like Plyo Legs- I *LOVE* those workouts! They are really more for building power and endurance than muscle size, so maybe if you drop the weight down you'll enjoy them more.

Steph: Enjoy your rest day- you deserve it!

I better have something to eat and then I plan to do Ab Ripper X in a while...

Last edited:
HI everyone!!
My computer died on Tuesday and I am borrowing my son's laptop until I get a replacement so I haven't been as active on the internet this week. Meso 3 Week 1 is complete. I did get a spotter for the chest workout (I roped my DS in for that workout) and I went to the gym for the Squat rack leg workout and added Plyo legs to a the MMFusion workout this week. As I have done each time I do a round of STS, I will do the squat rack and the Plyo legs workout each week for Meso 3. I really like doing the squat rack stuff at the gym with the assisted squat rack because I feel I am working my quads more and giving my recovering hamstring a bit of a rest. My DH has agreed to spot me for this week's chest workout, but after that I may end up at the gym for a spotter.
I like the idea of pyramiding calories- I may attempt that going down the pyramid. I can't believe how fast STS goes when one is checking in with others!! It seems like just yesterday I was in the first week of Meso 1.

Have a great weekend ladies and if I don't get a chance to chek in next week, enjoy thanksgiving!!

Hi Girlies,

How was everyone's weekend? Good here, busy though.

I'm going to have to tweek my STS workout a bit :( Hubs and I hosted our Supper Club Saturday night and it's an all out, nearly formal event. So, I missed my back and tri's Friday getting ready for Saturday night. And, w/ family coming in town this week I won't get to complete this week either. So, I've decided to get the b & b in tomorrow then hopefully fit in a full body day and cardio day then start M2, W1 over next week. I feel bad when we have company running off and exercising when I feel like I should be a better hostess. How about you all...will you be more disciplined than me and get those days done? I hate to miss if I'm not on a rest week, but holidays are tough.

Jules, you are so right about getting big time DOMS at the beginning of a MesoCycle, then they fade as the 4th week approaches. I love your suggestion for the cocoa roast almonds...I'll definitely have to look for those. The only things I do for cravings is chug some water or chew gum, but I like your idea much better :D

Tracy

Hi Gals! It sure is quiet around here - I guess everyone is busy with Thanksgiving coming up. I am sick with a head cold, so no cardio this week, but I am still going to try and keep up with my STS and ab workouts and maybe do extra stretching. Today I have Disc 15 B&B on my calendar.

Brenda: Sorry to hear about your computer... I would go crazy without mine! You are super lucky to have your ds as a spotter so you can go the extra mile. I bet you are getting amazing strength gains! I don't have a squat rack or spotter, so I usually do Plyo Legs in Meso 3, but I am going to try to add in the Squat Rack Legs workouts this time thru STS as well- just lifting what I can.

Tracy: Your Supper Club sounds awesome! I usually plan on working out when family is here and then don't, so kudos to you if you can pull it off! If not, enjoy yourself - family is more important than anything. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hey girls,

just a quick check: I decited to do M3 twice:D Monday I did D25. Today I did D37 legs today, instead of Wednesday. I am gonna be out of town, going to my daughter for Thanksgiving. I still have to get D27 CBT in this week, maybe Saturday:eek:

Looks like eveyone is doing great with STS, WTG!

Jules - hope you feel better soon.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.