STS Pull-Up & Dip Bars Are Now Back In Stock

The problem is it's actually seeping from within the material.

So depending how much needs to escape from a particular substance, that is how long it will need to dissipate. So some items need more or less time to do that.

I have found that the best method with off gassing involves time(my patience) and a well circulated area.

The problem is it's actually seeping from within the material.

So depending how much needs to escape from a particular substance, that is how long it will need to dissipate. So some items need more or less time to do that.

I have found that the best method with off gassing involves time(my patience) and a well circulated area.
I believe you are correct. Mine have improved - they still smell but no longer give me a headache. I've put one set on one bar so I can use it for barre work, while the other set continues to off-gas outside. I'll switch 'em out after awhile. Might have to do this for a few weeks ... we'll just have to wait 'n see.

I don’t have much to say anymore….mine have been outside since yesterday morning,
by getting them out of the house has helped my head & nasal passages to feel somewhat better, house smells better, but the problem is the end caps are outside &
bars inside. That‘s all I have to say……

I don’t have much to say anymore….mine have been outside since yesterday morning,
by getting them out of the house has helped my head & nasal passages to feel somewhat better, house smells better, but the problem is the end caps are outside &
bars inside. That‘s all I have to say……
So what's the purpose of the rubber feet - to protect our floors maybe? To grip the floor so it doesn't move on smooth surfaces maybe? I don't think it's needed for balance as the bar without the feet seems as study as the one that has them.
... I'm "MacGyver-ing" here ... I wonder if those kitchen shelf or tool-box liners would serve the same purpose ... they're inexpensive, grippy, would protect the floor ... hmmmm... put on your MacGyver hat ....

You can't use the connector bar without the open rings cause I think it would still be loose,
that's just my thought, and you can't use the open rings & connector bar without the
other end caps, cause it wouldn't be "even" on the floor. I'm on carpet, so floor isn't really
slippery......I'm not buying anything else to make them work......they should have worked
out of the box. Sorry, just truly disappointed. Hopefully the off gas smell (whatever it is)
will go away........one of these days..............in the meantime, I have other workouts...

You can't use the connector bar without the open rings cause I think it would still be loose,
that's just my thought, and you can't use the open rings & connector bar without the
other end caps, cause it wouldn't be "even" on the floor. I'm on carpet, so floor isn't really
slippery......I'm not buying anything else to make them work......they should have worked
out of the box. Sorry, just truly disappointed. Hopefully the off gas smell (whatever it is)
will go away........one of these days..............in the meantime, I have other workouts...
Didn't think about when they're connected since I'm currently using only one bar ... but you're correct ... they would be uneven :(. Hopefully they'll off-gas enough to be usable soon ...

Just an update...The rubber feet sat out on my sunporch for 5 days and the odor was nearly all gone. I brought them inside but it was another 5 days or so before I assembled. (Not because of any issue but because I went out of town .) I did wipe it all down lightly but that was just for typical cleaning purposes from being outside.
We do not detect any odor in the Shred Shed from the bars. My husband and I are both pretty sensitive to smells, too.

I am glad I purchased them so far ahead of when I actually needed them for the new set.

Many thanks to those of you for the heads up!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.