STS Ply Legs

Swimmer

Cathlete
Opinions? Benefits?

Did you see strength gains?

I'm thinking about doing Disk 26 tomorrow and wanted opinions.

By the way, the STS Squat Rack DVDs are working magic on my leg strength/muscle tone. :D:D:D:D

I wish Cathe would do another STS type of workout series (skip the Endurance phase, though. I didn't dig the DVDs I tried in that phase).

Opinions? Benefits?

Did you see strength gains?

I'm thinking about doing Disk 26 tomorrow and wanted opinions.

By the way, the STS Squat Rack DVDs are working magic on my leg strength/muscle tone. :D:D:D:D

I wish Cathe would do another STS type of workout series (skip the Endurance phase, though. I didn't dig the DVDs I tried in that phase).

I hear you swimmmer. Both plyo and STS Squat Rack work for me.

I am in love with plyos. All plyo work for me. They lean out my legs.
I have noticed a change in my inner thigh/adductors. They are starting to get defined:eek:
I have also gained strength cause functional leg drills (example Hamstring roll on stability ball) are more do-able now.

I did TTM this morning. All those plyo box jumps etc are shaping my legs.
I can confidently state I now gained the diamond cut shape on my calves;););).

Off to do squat Rack ;)

Last edited:
I just ordered the Squat Rack DVDs. Both type of leg workouts sound good. I can't wait to get started with STS :)

Mz. Intensity (Nathalie) was right. Disk 26 is a keeper. :) Love the mix of the plyos w/the weight work. My heart rate was up the entire time, but not so much that my form was impacted. I tacked on the leg premix of High Reps for good measure. That squat section, oy vey--when I got to the hover squats, I thought I was going to keel over. :p Ending with the glide&slide disks was a great. It was my first time doing both DVDs and they are keepers.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do the upper body premix of High Reps. I'll tack another upper body from another endurance DVD if I have time.

Swimmer - I take my hat off to you! I tried disk 26 for the first time last week - no way was I going to be tacking anything on. :( Loved it, though.

I love the idea of tacking on additional workouts! I am not quite ready to do that myself though :eek: Maybe after my first round of STS:)

Mz. Intensity (Nathalie) was right. Disk 26 is a keeper. :) Love the mix of the plyos w/the weight work. My heart rate was up the entire time, but not so much that my form was impacted. I tacked on the leg premix of High Reps for good measure. That squat section, oy vey--when I got to the hover squats, I thought I was going to keel over. :p Ending with the glide&slide disks was a great. It was my first time doing both DVDs and they are keepers.

Tomorrow, I'm going to do the upper body premix of High Reps. I'll tack another upper body from another endurance DVD if I have time.

Good job on Lower body of High Reps....
Hmmm Rock partial triceps extension for me Swimmer.
Nothing hit my triceps as those partials. Please let me know your thoughts!
Everytime I do upper body HR i always feel my tris the day after. These exercises are concentric and eccentric . partials add the icing on the cake lol. I wish cathe comes up with this in future.

I did the UB section of High Reps today, after I did KP&J (w/weighted gloves) and XT Heavy Bag. What was I thinking? I had to lighten my barbell during the first shoulder exercise (military press) and that was pretty much the theme for the entire workout. Clearly, I need to focus more muscular endurance. Amazingly, I felt it more than I do when I do fewer reps and go heavier. I have some serious DOMS brewing in my weaker arm....

High Reps is TOUGH. This one is a great challenge and I liked the variety, especially those band bonuses.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.