STS New Years Challengers...Week of April 17th

kikster

Cathlete
Didn't see a new one started yet, so I decided to go ahead and make the new thread for this week.

I don't have much going on today for workouts, I just did a quick run on the elliptical this AM, and the No Equipment Stretch from Stretch Max.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
:D

I finished Disc 20 today plus Lauren Brooks' 12 minute Fat Blaster, The Finisher & Killer Abs. My baby girl has her 2nd tooth... it is so cute :)... but she's cranky. :( :eek: I might try to get some stretching in later.

Kiki ~ When are you arriving @ Disney? We are getting there the 27th... I think. :confused: We are going to be there 10 days or something like that. I have so much to do before the trip... I really hope to get some weight off. I need to shop for some clothes but want to wait in hopes I'll be thinner. :)

Wendy ~ I joined WW a couple weeks ago. I joined when there was still the offer for 2 weeks free, and it was cheaper to join the meetings than online... so off to meetings I go. I have lost weight so I guess it is working.

I hope you all are having a great weekend!! It was yucky here y'day but today is just perfect!!! TTYL

Hi ladies!

Well, it's been an exhausting week. After spending this past week at the hospital with DD, we finally know what is causing the headaches - she has a ruptured cyst on her brain. It's now being treated with meds, so we hope we're on the road to recovery.

Debating whether I should start Meso 3 after so many weeks off. Not sure what I want to do.

Heading to bed now, but wanted to stop by. See you all tomorrow.

Good Morning Everyone!

I ended up rounding out last night with another bout on the elliptical. Nothing too intense, just the usual "can you just come down and keep me company?" :rolleyes: bit w/DH while he worked out. He's doing pretty good w/his workouts, so if it takes me getting in a little extra cardio here and there to keep him motivated ;), so be it...

Wendy: Yeah, I've tried Fitday and a few others (nutritiondata, & even slimfast.com has a food tracker) over the years, but never really stick to them. I don't know why, I'm only assuming that it's because I couldn't remember everything by the time I could get to the computer to input it all. Plus, it always seemed that the options were pretty general. I think that's why I'm enjoying the fitnesspall because it's more inclusive (including recipes from different souces, and I cook most things from recipes). Plus the app is making it a bit easier for me, I can usually put it in while I'm eating. But then again, who knows how long this will last for me, lol? :rolleyes: How are you enjoying WW so far? Is it time for another weigh-in yet?

Sherry: Good to hear from you! Wow. So sorry about everything ya'll are going through w/DD. Is she still back in school? How long do the Dr's think it'll be until she's fully recovered? Will she be able to play anymore this season? :( Maybe you should go ahead w/Meso 3, and knock it out before summer rolls in (you may not feel like lifting so heavy once the warm weather is officially here?) Unless you feel like you strength is not on par w/it right now. Maybe do the first disc and see how you feel, and if it seems like the strength just isn't there now, just take a break and start yourself a nice premix rotation, until your schedule can allow for the longer STS workouts.... :confused:

Autumn: We arrive on the 30th (I think, is that Thurs, lol?). Aww, ya'll are lucky staying 10 whole days! :eek: We wanted to stay longer, but then this Phx, trip came up, so we had to split our time between the two. So like 5 days w/each trip (since they're only about 3.5 weeks apart). I'd like to lose a few more lbs, too, so I know what ya mean about the clothes ;) . Would definitely like to invest in some things that are a bit...AHEM...smaller :eek: . When do you finish STS? I'm playing around w/the workout Manager now trying to figure out my plan of attack when I finish. I'd planned it out a month or two ago, but I bought a few new DVDs that I'd like to include now. :cool: So, IDK. We need to be on a "get ready for Disney Challenge" LOL, that's heavy on the cardo and bootcamps! :eek:

Tralaiven: Did your STS arrive yet? Have you decided on a starting date? SO exciting!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Today is Disc 31, BBL to report if it actually went down as planned ;)

Good Morning.

Not sure I checked in here this past weekend? :confused:

Saturday I did D17, PH abs and STS extended stretch.
Sunday-rest day.
This morning was D18.
Tmrw I start my active recovery week.
Halfway through M2! WOOT! :D

Sherry:: So glad they found the problem and that it's treatable with meds as opposed to surgery,etc. Speedy healing vibes goin' out to your DD!!!!

Autumn:: I have a WW place close to me but I would never go to meetings. I don't have much weight to lose so I'd feel foolish walking in there and telling people I joined b/c I want to lose 5-7 pounds. :eek: I am always online anyway so this will work out well for me! Good luck to you! Keep me posted on your progress. So far I am loving the program. :)

Kiki:: Thanks for starting the new thread! Work out today?

Good Morning

Well, Saturday I said I was going to do STS TB, but I just wasn't feeling the love, so I decided to do High Step Challenge.

Today, I decided to do STS TB and I was glad I did. It was great! I love the 3 different trisets of legs. I am not loving the side sliders, but that is because I don't do them very well. (I use a large Frisbee ,by the way, and works quite well on carpet.)

Sherry K: I am sorry you have had a hard week with your DD, it is so tough...I am very glad she is going to be ok...and though it sounds like it was very serious as it is, I am glad it wasn't more serious and untreatable.

kikster: so great of you to encourage your husband. I know mine loves a workout buddy, but he likes to go to the gym, so he goes with one of his friends. I am supposed to get my STS on FRIDAY!!! I am planning to start Monday (4/25). I will use the weekend to get myself familiar with the program.

Have a great day!!! I am feeling good, those endorphins are doing their job!

Last edited:
tralaiven:: Yeah that disc work can take some getting used to! It's the backward sliding lunges that get me. I keep my weight lighter then I do for any other lower body exercise pretty much and I am still horrible at them! :eek: Going forwards and sideways I am fine with though. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Disc 31 Done! Man, that was a tough one. (90% of 1RM and 6 reps! :eek: ) Oh my! I needed every minute of that extended stretch after!

funny

Fit mommy/wendy: That is so funny that the back sliders get you, I actually like those and think they are fun because I can do them. But once again, the side sliders, which you are good at, I kind of dread and feel uneasy and wobbly. I wonder if it is a mental or physical difference or both?

Hi Everyone!

Today was Disc 28 for me. Tomorrow is MMA Boxing with the heavy bag.

Tralaivan - I really liked STS Total Body. Have you tried High Reps? It's a lot of fun. I like to pull that one out when I get burned out on the heavy weights. I have a Morkie. She is a Maltese/Yorkie mix. She looks more Yorkie than she does Maltese.

Kikster - Today was the day. DH is in the field as I write planting corn. He is getting the test plot done, but he won't finish today. I don't know when he will get done since we are supposed to get more rain. No severe weather, thank goodness. It has really been an awful spring for so much of the country. We sell the corn, too. When the wheat comes out, we will plant soybeans. Same thing. We sell it to the elevator (Cargill).

Sherry - I'm glad to see your DD is finally getting better. What an ordeal! I'm glad it's behind you now. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

FitMommy - Got my Cathe newsletter today. She gave enough info to get me excited. I hope she releases the details soon as far as what and how much.

Have a great day, everyone!

LaDonna

Lauren Brooks The Smoker and Killer Abs today.

I don't know if you saw my post on the other thread... we found 3 of the 4 kittens in our garage. :) Anyway, they'll be 4 weeks old tomorrow and are getting very adventurous in the garage, lol. My MIL is taking one... so only 2 to find homes for. At least we are looking for homes for males... they seem to be easier to place.

Sherry ~ OMG, I guess you are exhausted. I am relieved you know what is going on with you DD and that this is treatable. Sending "get well wishes" to you!

Kiki ~ I think a "get ready for Disney Challenge" sounds good. :) I'll finish STS the end of next month. I've been looking at the times workout length on each of the Meso 3 DVDs... I hope I can get that much time carved. :eek: Our homeschooling year concludes this week, so that will help in the time department.

Wendy~ The online would be more convenient, so I may switch over later. I like the program too. I understand what you are saying about meetings. I felt a little odd going b/c most people in my life consider me skinny :rolleyes::confused::eek:, but there are women of all sizes in the meetings. One woman, who is not overweight, joined the meetings just to learn to eat healthfully. I have a weigh in tonight. :eek: I'm glad you are loving!! I'm sure you'll be at your goal wt. lickety split.

Just a note: I am NOT skinny. I have a normal BMI... on the high side... and am not happy with my weight. I'd call myself skinny-fat. :eek::rolleyes: Ok, back on track :D

tralaiven ~ Welcome!!! I hear you on exercies with sliders/paper plates. Great idea to use the Frisbee. I have Valslides (from Valerie Waters) that I use for the sliding/gliding exercises.

Good Morning!

Today is cardio, I did have a tentative workout planned, but LaDonna has me thinkin that I may join her in some MMA Boxing today ;)

Autumn - yeah the time slots needed for these Meso 3 workouts are NO JOKE! I never (intentionally) workout for that long, lol. Plus, this is the meso where that extended stretch is SO needed, but by the time you finish, it's like...umm do I even HAVE another 15 min to spare?!

Tralaiven: I feel you on the sliding workouts. I don't mind the backwards ones so much, but those sideways make me feel like I'm gonna split something! LOL. But at least you've have the High Reps, and STS TB to get you used to them, they won't be so bad when you start STS since they're a little more spread out in the workout.

LaDonna: So do you mean to tell me, you never get to taste your corn either! :eek: Oh, the horror!! Guess I'll see you in our MMA class today ;)

Wendy: So what's the plan for your active recovery week? (as we all know, you have no intentions on taking it easy, lol ;) ) Maybe you'll get it some good stretching though? That's always nice...

Hello Ladies.

After much hemming and hawing and changing of my plan, I FINALLY decided to do MMA: Boxing today. It includes abs so I didn't have to add them on. Very efficient and fun sweat this morning! Used my weighted gloves to kick up the intensity! Love it! :)

My weight is down 2# already from Friday when I joined WW! :D

Kiki:: MMA:Boxing is the popular work out today I see! But I AM taking it easy-no STS weight work outs this week, remember? ;) LOL I am going to do mostly cardio and abs with one or two barre or squeeze work outs and yes, hopefully some extra stretching too! :)

Autumn:: I don't think many of us would agree with others' perception of ourselves. The only folks who would understand my reasons for joining WW are you ladies and my other fitness buddies. No one in my family or my group of friends here at home would get it so I'm not telling them. :p I've had the "you're too skinny" comments in the past and never agreed with that at all! One of my guy friends always tells me to eat a cheeseburger so I'll gain weight. :rolleyes:

LaDonna:: Hope you enjoyed MMA: Boxing. I didn't do the heavy bag segment but I love the regular work out. Yeah-I can't wait to get more details on the new work outs either! So excited for May 1st! :)

tralaiven:: That IS pretty funny regarding the sliding disc exercises! I am slowly improving on the back slides but still stink in comparison to the others. Practice makes perfect though, right? ;)

just wondering

as I have just started this challenge forum before I even have gotten my STS, I am wondering...I am going to be just starting and you all will be finishing soon and moving on to a different challenge.

Busy day today, so I have to squeeze in my cardio workout this afternoon before I am out the door again until 8:30....nothing like a 15 hour day!

I will do Athletic step because I really enjoy it, am familiar with it and it is only 45 min (or so)

JonStephMom: I love my little Maltese she really is very intelligent, but we are having an issue with her lately, though we've had her for a year, she is going to have to go through some remediation with her training!

Gotta get going, really am looking forward to my workout to work off some stress and those 3 extra lemon squares!!! This is why I am not dropping those last 10 pounds!:(

Crazy night of storms here... wow!!! I did The Bar Method today and walked. I was going to go for another walk this evening but Mother Nature :mad:

BBtomorrow if I don't float or get blown away ;):p.

Hi all!

I haven't gotten back in the swing of things yet. Missed most of last week at work and trying to catch up. My manager and the next level up have been great, being sure to tell me to do what I need for my family. Still, I don't have quite the energy for STS right now. Just feel I have so much on my plate. Not like the rest of you don't also. Guess I'm still learning how to take care of me.

How about I get some rest, and stop back by tomorrow. See you then.

Hi all!

I haven't gotten back in the swing of things yet. Missed most of last week at work and trying to catch up. My manager and the next level up have been great, being sure to tell me to do what I need for my family. Still, I don't have quite the energy for STS right now. Just feel I have so much on my plate. Not like the rest of you don't also. Guess I'm still learning how to take care of me.

How about I get some rest, and stop back by tomorrow. See you then.

SherryK: I find when I am dealing with something very serious in my family that is emotionally draining...it really does wear on me physically as well. I believe this is a totally normal response... (at least is was for me and other of my friends) Hoping the best for you!

Aww. Sherry, STS can wait. It'll take some time to get back on track, physically and mentally. Maybe choose things right now that work on both, like a nice walk/run (if your weather is looking as pretty as ours this week, some nice time outside may help you begin to feel more restored) or some yoga/stretching until you're ready. Besides, the longer workout times in Meso 3 will probably not help you on time management right now.

I hope that things start looking up, soon...

Well today was supposed to be disc 33, but time was just not gonna allow for it. So I did the Intensity step only premix. Figured something was better than nothin. So I'll be doing STS workouts tomorrow and Friday instead of having my cardio in between, like planned. Also got in another jog on the elliptical while DH worked out last night, so I'm good on the cardio I guess. ;). I just need to plug in some ab work again this week (luckily MMA Boxing had some in there yesterday), maybe over the weekend, or whenever DH has another session I'll pop down there and do some hanging leg raises or something....

Tralaiven: don't feel you have to leave us! Lol. Wendy's on the 6.5 month rotation, and when you throw in the active recovery weeks, we end up hangin around a lil longer than you'd think. Plus there's always someone startin STS, so you never know who'll drop in. (even Autumn & myself just joined recently- maybe a little over a month ago)

Good (almost) Afternoon Ladies.

I am soooo sore from y'day's MMA: Boxing! :eek::eek::eek: It hurts to laugh/cough and even to breathe at times!:eek:

This morning's work out was BBC's cardio only from the Butt and Legs w/o + abs from Muscle Max.

tralaiven:: Yes-what Kiki said! Plus the fact that just cause we may finish before you doesn't mean we'll necessarily bolt out of the check-in. I know I would continue on here with you lovely ladies regardless of what rotation I was doing. I am slated to finish STS at the end of June btw.

Autumn:: I heard on the news about the crazy storms! Scarey! We had a crazy one over the weekend ourselves. :eek:

Sherry:: Take your time getting back into it. Do what you can/when you can. Forget STS for now if it's easier for you. Just do what you have time for and what you deem as fun! (((HUGS)))

Kiki:: That's right girl! There will be no slackin' on the ab work with me around! LOL ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.