STS legs question

messyjess

Cathlete
Is there anybody out there whose doing sts leg workout twice in a week? If so can you share how? I currently finish meso#1 Im on my rest week. Im doing sts on tues, thurs, and sat. So what day would I repeat the leg workout? Thanks anybody who answers....

I'm doing legs twice. I did different Cathe lower body workouts during Meso 1 for the extra leg day but now that I'm doing Meso 2 I'm planning on doing the legs disc twice a week. I'm doing Meso 2 for 8 weeks doing each week twice. Sunday is my long workout day. I get up early while DH sleeps. I do the upper body disc and then the leg disc. My rotation for the past 2 weeks:

Sun-Disc 13 & 14
Mon-Cardio
Tue-Rest
Wed-Disc 14
Thr-Cardio
Fri-Disc 15 & short cardio
Sat-Rest

I'll follow this rotation week by week with the rest of Meso 2.

I'm taking 2 rest days each week during Meso 2 because I'm doing a straight 8 weeks before recovery week and I'm lifting heavier then I ever have so my body needs the extra rest. Usually I workout 6 days so I have to mentally resign myself to 2 rest days but so far so good.
I'm really lov'in STS!

marnapril,
I'm doing 2 leg workouts each week because that's my problem area. And I'm getting great results with this program.

Last edited:
Cindy, I'm impressed with your workout schedule. I would get injured or ill if I pushed myself that hard, but it would be great to see results in my lower half!

You look great; whatever you're doing is working for you!

wow your schedule IS impressive! i run 4-5 days/week so doing STS legs twice a week would kill me i think lol.. my hard working legs love the rest when i do upper body!

HOW are you guys doing Legs twice a week? My God. Here's what STS Legs (pick one... ANY one) does to me:

Wed: Do Legs.
Thu: Wicked-sore when I wake but I'll manage.
Fri: So sore I can't get up from bed. No. I have to roll out, very slowly and carefully.
Sat: I can't believe I'm STILL sore.
Sun: I think the soreness is going away.
Mon: Yea, I'm better. Just a little twinge when I think about it.
Tue: I'm good.
Wed: Here we go again :confused::confused::confused:.

HOW are you guys doing Legs twice a week? My God. Here's what STS Legs (pick one... ANY one) does to me:

Wed: Do Legs.
Thu: Wicked-sore when I wake but I'll manage.
Fri: So sore I can't get up from bed. No. I have to roll out, very slowly and carefully.
Sat: I can't believe I'm STILL sore.
Sun: I think the soreness is going away.
Mon: Yea, I'm better. Just a little twinge when I think about it.
Tue: I'm good.
Wed: Here we go again :confused::confused::confused:.

I could have totally written this post ;)

Hi, Cindy. I like the way you worked out your schedule for Meso 2. One leg day per week isn't enough for me either. What do you do for cardio?

Hi Beth,
I'm doing Turbokick, Cardio Coach on a stationary bike or cardio drills like the mixed cardio premix from Cardio Fusion or the interval premix from Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Xtreme. I also like the timesaver cardio premix from Bodymax2,

Last edited:
I, also, have been doing legs twice a week with STS. I just finished up week one of Meso 3. I use to work out my legs three times a week. I am a glutton for punishment, but my legs are really loving it.

During Meso 1 I would do my legs on Tues and Fri in which I would do the same workout twice. I would do my upper body on Mon. and Thurs. That worked out really great for me.

During Meso 2 I did the same except for the legs, I did a leg workout from Meso 1 on one of my leg training days. This cycle worked really well, because it gave me two full rest days for my legs and two full rest days for my upper body. I have gotten great results also.

Now with Meso 3 I have been doing one squat rack disc and then the plyo leg workout on the other leg day. Does this make sense?

Cheryl

I do legs twice a week. I am just finishing week 2 of Meso2 tomorrow with legs, and did legs twice a week through Meso 1. For Meso 3, I will do one day plyo, one day squats.

An example, Monday I swim 45 minutes, Tuesday was rest day, Wednesday was STS16 and run 3 miles, Thursday sTS17 and swim 45 minutes(split this, weights AM, swim PM), Friday I was suppose to bike and simply ran out of time, so it turned into a rest day. Saturday STS18 and biked 13 miles, then painted on sets for HS musical from 9am to 11:30 PM(I am tired). Tomorrow is legs again sts17, but if I am feeling worn out again, I may just hit the pool, for a recovery swim.

So basically I split it,upper body weights Wednesday and Saturday, lower body Thursday and Sunday. Tuesday is rest day, Monday and Friday pure cardio, and I do splits of cardio on the weight days, lifting in the morning, cardio in the afternoon. Wednesdays I am going to have to lift after work because I am bench pressing too much weight to do without a spotted and DH will not get up at 5 am, go figure.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.