STS first time!

Busy weekend for me. I worked on the Chem Dep unit Fri, Sat and Sun. We had a full unit so I had 7 patients...meaning no time to check in on the forums ;( although I do love being busy.

I picked up the crib, dresser and changing table last night. I went with Tony's mom and stepdad. He had a football draft last night and has band tonight so tomorrow night is when he will put everything together. I figured I'd leave that up to him...sounds like too much work to me.

I work tomorrow day shift and then I have 8 days off. I'm beyond excited. I sort of feel guilty if I don't pick up extra shifts but I really need to get things done around the house, clean my car, haircut, small things like that. Other than that I'll be relaxing with a few workouts along the way of course.

I went for a 25 min walk during each of my lunch breaks this weekend and just finished up Yoga Relax. Certain moves were hard with my belly in the way haha..so modified a bit.

Carolyn- Thanks for the reminder to tape my belly. I added it to my list...that darn pregnancy brain..I have to write everything down. Glad the party was a success and you enjoyed some pizza ;) Way to get your run in...gotta love some DOMS!

Colleen- Glad to hear your mom is back home although sad that she is dealing with depression...such a lifelong issue for some people. I'm not an advocate for medications but sometimes it's the only thing that will get people motivated to feel better. I know how she feels about them though. Your sister's friend sounds like a nutcase...hopefully she is out of the picture for both you and your sis now. The BBQ was great! We didn't end up leaving til 10....figured 9 was a bit too soon. Food was great...shrimp and pineapple skewers, couscous and salad with spinach, feta, red onion, mandarin oranges and a vinaigrette. Dessert too :) YUM! Brownies with coconut gelato :)

Jean- I'm going to have to check out Body Beast....sounds interesting! Can't wait to hear the details from you!

Mary- Welcome back! Sounds like your vacation was amazing! That is my type of relaxation :)

Betty- Hope you had fun at the wedding!

Missy- Way to win that elip competition. Girl I am so with you on the competitive side!!!! Love it! I'm excited for you and your vacation! ENJOY! How great that your pumpkins are coming in too! Reminds me of fall...my favorite season!

Whoa! Long post! Dinner time for me and a little How I Met your Mother on Hulu :)

Good Evening!!!

Went to dinner with the inlaws!! Then came home and exercised!!!

Now, just relaxing as it is now the end of our weekend! So busy, never time to rest!!!

Marie--I absolutely love How I met your Mother!!! I am all caught up and waiting for the new season!!! Can't wait!!!

Okay, off to watch tv with my husband!!! Good night!:)

Missy- It's so good isn't it?! We are at the end of season 1 so lots of catching up to do. I mentioned Hulu but we are watching it on Netflix :) Love it!

Quick break from work. I'm training today and it's her very first day on the floor as a new grad meaning I have a ton of stuff to explain and show her. Ugh! Too tired to talk, let alone train today.

Is it 330 yet?!

Carolyn- Awww your babies! Sorry to hear that they're upset. Hopefully they'll get in the groove when school starts.

Jean- Thanks for the recommendation. I wrote it down and will for sure be watching sometime during my 8 days off :) I'll have to check out that link too.

No workout for me today. Monday being my usual rest day :). I always have such a hard time sleeping Sunday nights and last night was no exception. :( Hence, the reason I typically take Mondays off!
I had nice total body DOMS today. It was great because I felt just slightly sore in every muscle (upper, lower, back and core) but not debilitating like sore. Just enough to know I worked it good with STS total body and the short little HC work!

Carolyn- I'm so sorry Luke had a rough first day back. :( Hopefully tomorrow will go better! How did Dylan do?

Better run! Later girls!

Hi girls,

I'm still with our friendly neighbors up north. It is wonderfully dry and sunny up here! How is it at home, I wonder?

Colleen, where in Canada is your mom originally from?

Carolyn, just wanted to gush over your Cuda cake! You are so impressive! What an exact likeness! I don't have the desire or wherewithal (?sp) to make them, so I prefer to buy my cakes.:eek: Awesome you are running again!

We don't start school till Tuesday after Labor Day.

My waistbands are getting tighter!:eek: All we do everyday is figure where to go out to eat! Can't wait to get back to Cathe!

Hello to all!

Last edited:
Today I did the CrossFire extreme premix minus the core section at the end. I figure I'm going to get plenty of core work tomorrow with HC!:eek: I'm not sure which one I'm going to do yet tomorrow. I felt like such a wimp on Sunday when I tried to do some! I know the body needs those kinds of rest/recovery weeks but boy do I feel like I lose strength! It does rebound though...I have to remember that! CF is killer by the way...still needing to take a few extra breaks sometimes. Especially the firewalker tabata!:eek:

Betty- that is so funny about your vacation! We always are so concerned about food whenever we go on vacation, too. It's always about the next meal! And snacks...gotta have snacks! lol You'd think we'd never eaten before and were so worried about starving. :rolleyes:
My mom spent most of her upbringing in Sudbury, Ontario until she was 9 when my Grandma moved her here. I have lots of cousins in Pembroke, Ontario, Sudbury and a few have lived in Toronto and Ottawa at various times. I had one uncle who lived out way out west, but I forget exactly where. He died a long time ago and he and my mom weren't too close.

Carolyn- I think you would love STS total body! I love that one and High Reps. I think I'm to go back to trying to get a total body one in once a week. The only thing about those two videos I don't like is how she uses the barbell in the warm up. I just sub dumbells for many of the barbell moves these days. I like it for deadlifts and back rows but I have a cheap barbell that is such a pain to change weights on and it's not my favorite toy, I've come to realize. Great job on your run!

Marie- how did it go training in the new girl? I get a little impatient explaining things to newbies.:eek: I don't think I would have made it as a teacher! ;) You're right about my sister's (ex)friend! She is a total nutjob! I'm so glad I don't have to pretend to like her anymore.:eek:

Have a great day ladies!

Met a couple prego friends for lunch today. We climbed some stairs and walked beforehand...that was my workout. Cleaned my car too...it was so hot out....gross! Now to set up the carseat...I'm scared! I heard they are no fun to put in.

Tony set up the baby furniture last night...it looks great! We get the rug and glider on Fri :)

Carolyn- I am so impressed with the cake you made! You could be a professional cake decorator! And Dylan is quite the cutie!

Betty- Glad you're enjoying your vacation! Sounds lovely!

Jean- You are rockin' that STS! Love it!

Colleen- Training went well but it was a long day. I didn't want to overwhelm her with a ton of new info but there is just so much to learn. She gave her first intramuscular injection. She was all nervous. It was pretty cute ;) I hear ya about losing strength. I'm gonna be crazy sore the first time I hit it hard again. It's been forever since I've done something super intense.

Good Evening ladies! I know I have been MIA lately. But, today was my last crazy day. Tomorrow my nurse will sit up front as we only have one doctor in and thursday the receptionist will be back!!! Thank god. Let me just tell you about the craziness I have delt with.....I have come to realize I do NOT like people!!!! Okay, I just don't like people in my space. I don't like people to hover over me, touch me, or frankly...get near me. When people come in and are normal and just check in/out it is okay. But, when they want to crowd me I freak!!!! I have now realized why I love my job....I am in a office all day crunching numbers, coding, posting, etc. I only deal with the doctors, employees and occasionaly the patients with problems. :)

To sum it up...my husband says it best....I am a animal person not a people person. If working with animals paid better that is where I would be. But it doesn't, so I have a house and yard full of them. They are my therapy!!!!

Okay, thanks for letting me vent.....I too have been slacking on the weights. I have been just focusing on cardio workouts. I am going to get back to the weights since I do miss them. I feel stronger and more sexy when I lift!!!!
I still do my 2 sessions of workouts everyday, just have cut out heavy lisfting. But, nomore. I will start back tomorrow with weights!!!

Okay, off to prepare my lunch for tomorrow. Will chat more tomorrow since I will be at my desk!!!! YEAH!!! :)

I'm Back!!! :eek:

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!!!

Just finished my elliptical workout and showered. Getting ready to go to work!!! Thought I would pop in to say hello!!!!

Chat later! :) Have a nice Wednesday!

I am so with you ladies! I'd much rather hang with animals than people :)

Well I got the carseat in after looking at the car manual and carseat instruction forever and ended up calling my sister twice for help. I'm so bad with stuff like that. I am going to check with the local fire department though to see if it's in safe. I remember hearing that in one of my classes that that is a good thing to do, although if I would have known they installed them I would have saved a lot of time yesterday haha! I hear 85% of people don't install them correctly.

I'm thinking AT today with major modifications. It's been 5 days since a Cathe workout although I have been staying active.

After that I have all day to work on my list of things to get done.

Btw I'm 34 weeks today :)

Have a good day everyone!

Hello there.....

Carolyn---I knew we were had more than just exercise in commen. hahaha :D Your grape boxes sound cute!!! Way to go being creative!!!

Marie---Enjoy your days off. Not many more of them by yourself!!! You only have a few more weeks to go. That is so crazy, it seems like yesterday you were telling us you were pregnant. Times sure does fly!!!!

Back to work I go!!! :p

I still haven't worked out. This computer is sucking me in.....ugh!

Must get motivated....

Ok here I go......

Jean---Now that things are calming down...My husband mentioned last night STS on his own. Before I think I was pushing him. But he actually bought some new shoes and a pair of exercise shorts. He wants to start it Saturday. So Saturday it is. Sept 1st!!!! He actually just got a promotion, he is now Supervisor over small engine's @ John Deere. They have 13 delerships and are in the process of purchasing 11 more. So he will have his hands in the local area stores. About 5, I think. He is very excited and happy. He now feels like he is not just a mechanic. He loves doing want he does, but now he has more responcibility. He is loving it!!! Now we are both managers!!! hahaha :p

Carolyn---I too am doing HST tonight! I will let you know how Cathe kicks my butt. I havent done it in probably 2 weeks. Looking forward to it!!!!

Jean, Also, you inspire me. I read everyday about your STS accomplishments. I am so proud of you. You really have stuck with STS. Keep it up! I am also excited to hear about Body Beast!!!!

Marie---I agree with Carolyn. Enjoy your last weeks and be careful with the intense workouts. You will have plenty of time post pregnancy!!! Just think....In a few months you will be hitting 100% again!!! Yeah!!! :)

Gotta Run.....Be back soon. :eek:

Hello Everyone!

I've been squeezing in my workouts at the gym this week, too much to do in the evenings, or too tired. So Monday and today I did cardio/interval type classes. They do not compare in any way to Cathe workouts, but at least I am getting my workouts in. Sometimes the instructors seem to run out of ideas and keep doing the same move over and over and over again, and I think, have you never seen a Cathe workout? This is their profession after all. Oh well.

I too have been slacking with the weight workouts, and I don't want to lose the definition I have.

Carolyn, what an awesome job on the cake! I am impressed.

Marie, wow, its really getting close now. You must be in great shape, and that should help with the delivery and recovery. Make sure you listen to your body.

Jean, can't wait for you to start Body Beast and let us know what you think. You are the STS expert after all.

Well my sister arrives tomorrow night from CA (she did not come on our August vacation), and we will head to the Cape on Friday for the long weekend. I hope there is no drama this weekend and we can all relax.

Oh and my oldest daughter made Varsity volleyball last year, but they have open tryouts every year. And tryouts have been going on since last week. And the coach moved up a freshman player to Varsity, so my daughter is on JV! Hysterics in our house last night. I feel so bad for her, but there's nothing I can do. I told her to keep playing her best and show them she can play for Varsity, but she is so upset she wants to quit (part of that is embarrassment). But her other friends are also on JV, so I think the competition was just fierce, but so tough for the girls.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I did end up doing AT but only with one riser, less weights and lots of modifications. I think I'll take it even easier tomorrow. I'd like to get a walk in at the lake but it's supposed to be 93 degrees....gross!

Well I haven't done anything on my list yet. Instead I went to go visit Tony at work and have lunch with him. I had a footlong sub from Subway.....so tasty! Man was I hungry!

Mary- Sorry to hear about your daughter. That is so hard for kids. I hope she sticks with it since it is a sport she enjoys. Have fun at the Cape this weekend!

Carolyn- Thanks for the tip on the person being certified. That is scary that your friend had someone put it in wrong!

Missy- That is a good feeling to know I'll be hitting it 100% again soon. Can't believe how time flies. I have so many workouts I haven't done in forever! Have fun starting STS with your hubby!

Jean- I do have a short list of stuff I still need. Certain things I will wait til after he is born because at Target they give you a 10% off coupon 10 days after your due date to buy anything else you registered for. The big items are a stroller and Ergo carrier. Then just some misc items like a cover for the carseat, another carseat base for Tony's car, a sound machine, etc. How exciting that BB will be arriving tomorrow! Can't wait to hear the details!

Alright time to assemble the baby swing :)

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday I did STS disc 17 legs and I wanted to die, lol! It was really hard this week, but I pushed through. Today I got my 6 DVDs in the mail and was so excited that I did Low Impact Cardio Supersets. I was dripping sweat. Very nice. Thanks for the recommendation ladies. Tomorrow will be STS disc 18 biceps and back. Ok, off to work. Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

Good Evening!!!

Just finished working out! Cathe kicked my butt!!! By the end of HST, I thought during the sit and stands....Can I get up again? And Again? And Again? OMG, finally it was over! My legs were on Firah!!! :D

Just love that one!!!

Marie---if you don't have HST, you have to get it!!!! It will be awesome to do after the baby is born!!!! It will tone and tighen the lower body tremendously. You are so tiny now, but I just love it!!! Just a recomendation!!!

Okay off to bed! Chat tomorrow.

Good Morning!

Got up and did my morning run on the treadmill. Feels so good, to be able to chat again. I was so crazy busy the past 3 weeks. Just feels awesome!!! Yesterday, a Hospice rep came into our office that has been out on maternity leave for a few months. She hasn't seen me since probably March. So, she was sitting up front and I walked in a she did a double take...she was like, I didn't know who you were for a minute. She complimented me so much. It felt great, But then here comes the $1000 dollar question....what are you doing????? So, I told her. I started it out like....you know I have horses at home, right? I do not have time to go to the gym after work, so I workout at home. She was amazed!! She said I gave her motivation, because she is going to have to loose her baby weight at home too. Will keep you updated on that!!!

Marie---you will have no problem losing the weight I am sure....you love to exercise. But, most people don't exercise prior and surely don;t want to after!!!! :D

Okay, so I am off to work!!!

Carolyn---Did you eat a piece of cake for me?????

Oh, BTW....my ticker went down another .4 pds...YEAH!!!!! :eek:

BBL!!!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.