STS first time!

Hi girls :)

Well, my mom is in the hospital. My dad finally got her to go but he had to threaten to call the ambulance. Since they live waaaay out in the boonies it's a pretty big deal for an ambulance to come out there. It turned out she did have bleeding ulcers again. This time there were 2 huge ones that had ruptured and she had lost a third of her blood. Yep, you read that right...a third. She would have died if she hadn't gotten in. The doctor did surgery last night and clipped them off to stop the bleeding. He said she should be okay but she is going to be in the hospital until at least Sunday. The problem is, which my sister and I were talking to my dad last night about, is that she is severly depressed and if that isn't addressed I believe this stuff is just going to keep happening. She knew from last year she wasn't supposed to take ibuprofen or Alleve (abusing and over using those was what caused the ulcers to begin with). Sure enough, she started using ibuprofen again. She knew she wasn't supposed to. She has always been very self-destructive and doesn't take care of herself at all. Her life long battle with depression (what I believe to be undiagnosed bipolar, actually) has been getting worse and worse. Sorry to ramble on here. I'm just really frustrated. :(

So, no workout yesterday. I really want to workout before I go down to the hospital today but I almost feel guilty for working out while she's in the hospital. Like it's too indulgent or something? Is that weird? :confused:

I hope everyone is having a better weekend! :) Thanks for listening/reading. ;)

Good Afternoon ladies! It's Saturday!!! Yeah, I needed a break from work.

I have been at the front desk all week. :(

So, with that being said I have been extremely busy! Then when I get home I have been working out, but ither chores with no time left for the computer. I truely have missed getting on the forum. So now that is is weekend. I will be posting away!!!

Jean---thanks for always remembering me!

Colleen---I am sorry to hear about your mom, but at least she is okay and is in the best of hands at the hospital. Don't feel bad about working out. You have to always remember yourself, expecially when family is sick. I hope she recovers quickly!!! You and your family will be in my thoughts :)

I did my cardio this morning, so this afternoon/evening it will be a Cathe DVD. Which one????? Not sure yet!

I had to go to the pet store this morning and buy my oldest cat; Blackie...some new cat food. She needs a higher protein and no grain food. My husband and I did so research and I bought Core Wellness and Blue Duck. High quality food! Hopefully this will help.

Also, today is Boots's Birthday. He is 4 today. So he got a b-day present and lots of hugs and kisses!!!!

Okay, so we are making homemade pizza tonight for dinner. Yeah!!!

Be back soon. I hope everyone has a lovely day! :eek:

Marie, i am so glad you made up for lost sleep. Get it while you can! I meant to ask you if you got a shopping cart cover at your shower? They are a must for the germaphobe mom!!!

Oh heck yeah I did haha! It was one of my must haves. The one I got can also be a cover for the highchairs at restaurants :)

Evening ladies! :)

Today was HC volume 4. Still oh so hard!! I'm slowly getting better at that one but there is this move at the end that I just struggle with. She has you do suicide push ups with your feet up on the ball and your hands on the step. I'm all over the place!:eek: A lady at my HC check in on VF suggested anchoring the ball against something to start with until I get it down. I'm like "duh" why didn't I think of that? lol Hopefully next time it'll go better doing it that way.

Marie- Thanks for the recipe! I may have to try that sometime. Isn't it nice to buy your food and know others won't be mooching off you? I bet it's also nice when you clean your place and there isn't a bunch of guys making a huge mess! When you clean, it'll stay clean! ;)

It's the best! I bought some string cheese and it's actually still in the fridge! Loving it! And saving money in the process ;)

That move sounds insane! I think I'll need to try in sometime in Oct :)

Funny story....first of all there is a younger girl that lives about 3 houses down the street. She is kinda stuffy, so we don't chat unless I pass here on the street running, then all it is, is a hi! So, I havent seen her out lately....so tonight, my husband said, come look...that girl is running up the road and it looks as if she is in trouble. I said what do you mean by that, he said she has on sweet pants and looks like she has gained 20 pounds. She must have forgot to exercise these past few months. HAHAHAHA :) He is so funny! :p

Okay...Marie---So glad to hear you are enjoying living on your own. I am so happy for ya!!! Enjoy that salad. It sounds yummy. I may have to try it. I love salads myself. I bet it is nice not having to clean up after slobbs too!!!

It's a wonderful thing! No more nasty dishes in the sink! The garbage is never overflowing! Awwww yes...I could go on and on! Happy!

Your hubby is funny! "Looks like she is in trouble." Funny story!

Hi Ladies. No w/o for me today. I am tired and just not feeling it. It is a beautiful day here , low 80's and no humidity. For those of you who asked about my elliptical use , I haven't done it since June 16. I don't know if it is because of the heat or because I was working my legs. I really need to get back on but it is so hot.

It's always nice to take a break form certain things! Feels like a brand new workout when ya get back into it!

Some not so good news...my mom may end up in the hospital. She had a bleeding ulcer last year that landed her in the hospital, actually taken there by ambulance at that time. It seems she may be having that issue again and my dad is trying to get her to go in. Unfortunately, she usually refuses. Very frustrating situation there. I'm still waiting to hear more on that...we'll see.

Sorry to hear about your mom! It is so frustrating when people don't want to go in when they need too, especially considering things could have been take of easier in the beginning. Hope she is doing better now!

We are going to Calgary and Banff for a family wedding, so all of us are going, and flying. Where's your mom from?

I better remember to preorder by Monday before I go!:eek:

Have a great evening!

Have fun on your trip! I went to Calgary a long time ago and remember it being so beautiful!

And yes don't forget to preorder!!!!!

Hi girls :)

Well, my mom is in the hospital. My dad finally got her to go but he had to threaten to call the ambulance. Since they live waaaay out in the boonies it's a pretty big deal for an ambulance to come out there. It turned out she did have bleeding ulcers again. This time there were 2 huge ones that had ruptured and she had lost a third of her blood. Yep, you read that right...a third. She would have died if she hadn't gotten in. The doctor did surgery last night and clipped them off to stop the bleeding. He said she should be okay but she is going to be in the hospital until at least Sunday. The problem is, which my sister and I were talking to my dad last night about, is that she is severly depressed and if that isn't addressed I believe this stuff is just going to keep happening. She knew from last year she wasn't supposed to take ibuprofen or Alleve (abusing and over using those was what caused the ulcers to begin with). Sure enough, she started using ibuprofen again. She knew she wasn't supposed to. She has always been very self-destructive and doesn't take care of herself at all. Her life long battle with depression (what I believe to be undiagnosed bipolar, actually) has been getting worse and worse. Sorry to ramble on here. I'm just really frustrated. :(

So, no workout yesterday. I really want to workout before I go down to the hospital today but I almost feel guilty for working out while she's in the hospital. Like it's too indulgent or something? Is that weird? :confused:

I hope everyone is having a better weekend! :) Thanks for listening/reading. ;)

Oh Colleen-

That is really hard! What a stressful situation! It must be so hard to see your
mom like that! I feel bad that she is dealing with depression. That is never easy. I see so many people deal with it daily.

And don't you worry about wanting to workout! You need to take care of yourself too. That is a hard situation you are dealing with and exercise will make you feel better.

Sorry for all the individual responses! Should I even admit that I was too lazy to get up to get paper to take notes like I usually do haha!

Been busy with the house the past couple days. It's coming along. Tony painted the baby's room a light blue. It looks great! His dad took us shopping and we got a crib, dresser and changing table set. I'm not much of a Walmart shopper but this was too good of a deal to pass up. Here's the link. Check it out...

Summer Infant - Fairfield Crib, Changing Table and Dresser 3 PC Set, Cordovan: Nursery Furniture : Walmart.com

We had our birthing prep class today. It was quite the long day...8 hours of lecture. Thought I was in school again. I didn't learn too much but it was a great review from nursing school and now I feel more confident too so that's always good! We have our hospital tour on Mon which I'm really looking forward to.

As far as working out...ummm yeah that hasn't happened. I did pick up tomorrow PM shift though so I'm thinking a nice light workout before that.

Night everyone!

Good Evening! Happy Sunday!

First thing....Marie---you look amazing!

We got woken up this morning to the phoe ringing at 6:30 am. My inlaws broke down up the rode, so my husband went to pick them up and take my mother in law to work. Then he returned and we went to tow there vechile home. I had to stear it. No power stearing....good thing I workout. My arms were screaming by the time we got here. Lots of curves and turns. Then I went on my run. I ran for 3 miles this morning. It felt so good to get out there on the pavement again. The weather is starting to break, so I took adventage. Felt great.

Then, did barn chores while my husband put a fuel pump on his dads truck.

I know I have vented about how they are very overweight and unhealthy. Well, I think today it hit home with Dad. He was very upseat he couldn't help us towing and dropping the fuel tank and putting the part on. He has owned a auto repair for 40 plus years and has always done everything himself, untill he retired and now has let his self go. He was talking with me about weight loss. So now I can only hope he takes my advise and starts slowly. I would hate for something to happen to him, as he has been like more of a father to me than my own.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

On to great things.....

Now I am preping our lunches for tomorrow and then doing a DVD.

Colleen---Hope you mom is doing better.

Hello to all. Be back soon, the kitchen timer is buzzing!!!

:eek::D:p:)

Thanks for all the compliments. I do love being pregnant. It has been a great adventure. I hope Tony and I decide to have 2 kids so I can experience it again. He has been moving around a lot lately...so fun! And we have had a great time setting everything up. I'll for sure post a picture of the final product :)

Today I worked out but I really modified hardcore. I just don't think jumping is an option anymore...too uncomfortable. I did Athletic Step and boy was I sweating at the end. I'm really going to try and focus on stretching and yoga when I can.

I picked up a PM shift today so I'm at work right now waiting for 11:30.

Chat tomorrow!

Hello Lovely Ladies,

Last week was my first week of STS Meso 2 as you know, but I hurt my back on day 2 (legs). I'm ok, but I wasn't able to workout last week after that and have to start week one over again. I basically was doing 20 lb dumbells for deadlifts and on the second set about 16 min into the workout I felt my left lower back pull. Not sure if I wasn't warmed up enough and if my hamstrings were just too darn tight, but it hurt so bad that I could hardly walk for 3 days! I immediately stopped the workout and stretched. I continued to stretch for days and had to skip day 3 and cardio b/c it hurt too bad. Anyway, I started up again today and my back is doing much better. I guess I did a good job of nursing it back to health. ;). Tomorrow I see my Naturopath and she will do some bodywork, so that will be nice too. I went away at the end of last week to the coast for 3 days which was lovely and was able to get a bike ride in on saturday once my back felt up for it. Haven't had a chance to catch up on everyone's posts yet.

Question. I want to order Xtrain but what equipment do you need. Couldn't find that. I have bands but no tubing and it seems like you need tubing. Thoughts, comments? Thanks Ladies!

Good Morning and Happy Monday!!!

Got up bright and early, worked out, and here I am. Wanted to check in this morning since I will not be available till tonight.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. I am planning on doing HST tonight.

Sisam---not sure what equipment Xtrain needs, but tubing is not very expensive. I would think you could use your bands if needed. I was just so excited Cathe was doing another series so soon after her new releases. I preordered in day 1!!!! I can't wait for them to be in my hot little hands!!! :p Hope you back is feeling better. I know back pain is the worst. Been there. It is horrible. Glad you are feeling better!

Okay, off to work. Talk to ya tonight! :eek:

Hello ladies:)

It's been a pretty rough weekend . My mom is still in the hospital. She had to have surgery on her ulcers since they were so big. The doctor put clips on them to shut them down, but then last night she got all disoriented and was losing blood so they had to go back in as there was some leaking around the clips. She's back in ICU this morning but they said she is stable now and doing well. On top of that, Lydia has come down with some kind of stomach virus and was throwing up last night. The poor baby threw up in her sleep!:confused: Mark and I were totally freaked out that she could have choked since she was on her back when Mark walked into her room to check on her. She was still asleep and there was all this throw up on her bed. It was so nasty!:(

Sooo...needless to say I'm taking the day off work and keeping the kids home. At least there is time for the computer...;)

I went ahead and worked out this weekend. I just had to! Saturday I did Cathe's Lower body Trisets and then yesterday I did To the Max Extreme premix. My lord, did TTM feel good. I went all out and put everything I had into it. I did it all on the same number of risers, too. I think I was a little fatigued due to the emotional stress so I had to pause it to catch my breath quite a few times. I pretty much channeled my frustration into the workout.:cool: Then I did a shorter HC workout ( I just bought some of her club dvds, this one was called January 101 which was just 30 minutes). It had this section that totally fried my glutes! I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to get out of bed this morning! I went ahead and took a little ibuprofen last night and used a heating pad on my tush to help get some blood flowing to the muscles.:eek: Luckily, I have DOMS this morning, but not too debilitating!:eek:

Marie- you look so great! Good score on the WalMart baby furniture. I usually hate shopping there, too but sometimes their deals are just too good to pass up! :eek: I always bought my dumbells there because that was just the absolute best price for them and I also like using the website and having site to store shipping.

Carolyn- you inspired me to do TTM yesterday when I couldn't decide which one to do! You mentioned the DOMS in the back and I think it must have been the arnold press and squat she does in the compound legs part? I really could feel my glutes and back during that move so it made me think of your post. That's awesome Cuda was able to hold it until morning...light at the end of the tunnel with doggy potty training!:D

Jean- I'm so sorry your left arm is still off from your injury. That stinks. Good job on keeping up with your STS workouts though! I forget, did you order XTrain? I'm excited to do that program! I haven't been doing too many weight workouts since I started my HC craze. It seems like my upper body is always too sore (from HC) to attempt weights, although I have been less sore lately so I might try to do at least a total body dvd soon.

Si- I'm so sorry you pulled a muscle in your back! Definitely babying it was a good thing! Does your naturopath do massage? If I could afford it I'd totally get a massage every single week! It is my absolute favorite thing! :) One thing Cathe touted about XTrain was that it would be shorter workouts and less equipment intensive so you should be good to go for the most part. Like Missy said, you could totally use the bands in place of the tubing I think.

Missy- that is awesome your father in law is talking to you about exercise and trying to lose weight. Like you said, it is so important that he starts slow and steady. I've seen so many people (myself included in the past) start out all gung ho only to flame out quickly. It's so easy to get frustrated and give up when you try to do too much right off the bat. When I got back into working out a few years ago, I started out super slow with those 10 minute solution dvds. I literally started out doing one 10 minute section pilates workout every day. My biggest hurdle was getting myself to workout in the morning. I told myself I just had to get up early enough to get that one 10 minute section in...it was really just to brainwash myself into developing that habit of getting up to exercise. Over time I slowly did more and more until here I am today...a Cathlete! :D

Have a great day girls! Sorry for the novel...:eek:

I pre-ordered!

I did PUB today, and boy, I do not recognize the abs segment! I have not done it before! It was different from other of Cathe's abs! I liked it!

I went on a 21 mile bike ride yesterday, and more than halfway through, I started feeling a pull on my left leg, just outside my knee. It hurt yesterday, and it is still feeling achy but better today. I'm walking down stairs funny; that's the only time it hurts. I don't know what it is, and am glad I'll be resting it since I'm going away tomorrow.:eek:

Sorry don't have time to reply thoroughly to everyone's posts.

Colleen, I wish your mom well on her ulcer surgeries. And depression is so hard for the person suffering. There must be some meds that could help her. Fingers crossed! Poor Lydia! Hope she is faring well, and that you guys don't catch anything!:eek: Hang in there with the stress!

Si, how upsetting to have that happen during your workout! Good job nursing it back (pun). I agree that you'd be able to sub with any equipment that comes up in Xtrain.

Missy, that's a nice start for your f-i-l, the wanting to do it part. Good for him! You'd be a fountain of info!

Carolyn, how good of Cuda to hold it in! I could just picture that cutie!

Marie, you look wonderful! How generous of your f-i-l! Look forward to seeing pics of your nursery and apt.

Has anyone read The China Study? A book discussing a whole lot of health and nutrition research, with results all pointing one way: Eat plant-based foods and whole grains, avoid animal foods, and you can circumvent and perhaps reverse heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc. Very provocative. Especially since I would have to stop eggs, milk, greek yogurt, etc!:eek:

Haven't done much today besides work out! I need to get packing!

Have a great couple of weeks! I'm sure I'll be checking in!

Good Evening friends! Monday is finally over!!!!

I came home, cooke dinner, ate, and worked out. If I would have sat down prior, I don't think I would have got up!!! Busy Busy!!!!

Betty---I hope you knee is okay. You sound like the dr I work for. He is crazy about biking!!! He rides as much as he can. He hurry's home everyday to bike. He rides his bike to work, home for lunch, back to work, and back home. Changes clothes and bikes for miles in the evening. On his days off he bikes 30 + miles!!! But, he is in the best shape of his life!!!! :)

Jean---My father in law needs to loose 80 + pounds. He is very overweight. He has a huge stomach!!! Hopefully he sticks with it!! I will keep ya posted!

Colleen---Sorry to hear you mom had to have another surgery. Hopefully recovery will go well. :) These is a aweful stomach bug going around. I hope Lydia feels better soon. Give her lots of hugs and kisses!!! :)

Off to shower! Good Night! :p

Hello Everyone!

Thanks so much for your advice with the equipment about XTrain. I appreciate it!!! And so with each of your advice saying that I can probably make do with what I have or order later if needed, I ordered! Yippee! I originally wasn't going to order, but I seemed to get sucked into it and I like the idea of having quicker options for my busy schedule too. And it is fun to do programs at the same time as others on the forum. :D

My back is a lot better today. I don't remember who asked, but yes my ND does body work/craniosacral therapy/massage. I find it to really help me keep migraines away along with some general good self care. It is so nice. I saw her today and she found 2 muscles and one joint that I pulled doing the dead lifts and said I should be ok as long as I lower my weight and keep up my stretching and was happy that I listened to my body and gave it time to heal. Good news. :p

Betty, yes, I know about the China Study and although I don't beleive in prescribing to any one diet, I have learned and do believe that focusing more on plants can help everyone's diet. So not that you have to eliminate meat, dairy, or any food for that matter, but most people don't eat enough whole plant foods and could benefit from more.

Colleen, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Sounds super stressful and really difficult! Hang in there. So cool that you can acknowledge your emotions around this and have a positive outlet such as exercise. You go girl!

No workout for me today. Got my menstrual cycle and my body decided it needed to rest. So tomorrow I will be back on board and trying legs again with lighter weight. I think it was Jean who said that is probably all I need and I think you are right.

Hope you all enjoy the week.

Good Night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.