STS first time!

Evening Chicas!:D

Today I did Butts and Guts! Well, just the Butts actually. LOL I did the standing portion but then when it got to the floor work I sort of did a few of my favorites from Cathe's other lower body dvds. I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I'm not a fan of floor work with lower body. I'll do some moves...grudgingly:p. I like to avoid going on all fours (my knees hurt when I do that) and whenever she does the hamstring roll ins, like we talked about before, I have a tough time and keep both feet on the ball. What I wound up doing today was while Cathe did floor stuff I went ahead and did some one legged deadlifts (I like to use my 15 lb kettlebell for those). I just love one legged deadlifts! I've gotten really good with the balance factor so I'll do it with the other leg floating up instead of on the floor. Love it!:D Then I did the dixie cup lunges like she does in Trisets (forward, side, elevated lunge). It all came to about 50 minutes. My tush felt pretty toasty this morning!:eek:

Oh nuts, just got a file. I hate working this late! We've been so busy lately it's crazy! I'll BBL to write personals...I hope everyone has a great night!

Oh Missy- I wanted to say quick how cool of your hubby to want to do STS! That's so exciting!!:eek:

Well we didn't get too far on the house. Just doing small things now but I guess we are making progress. We are such neat freaks that sometimes I think it does more harm than good. Today we took all the vents off, cleaned out the ducks, and gave the vents a good scrubbing before running them through the dishwasher. Tony is gonna spray paint them white tomorrow. The place we are in is sort of old so the vents were pretty gross looking. I think when we buy I want to buy new. Of course we both want something with character and not just cookie cutter.

Sitting here trying to convince myself to workout. Tony is at band and all my thank you notes are done. Thinking something easy like Step Moves. It's only 44 minutes right?! I can do it! Alright gonna get a move on before I change my mind!

Hi all! This is me posting from my iPod touch. It's slow going because I am typing with one finger instead of two hands :) I did To The Max today with no weights and I skipped the leg conditioning because I was running out of time. OMG, that is a killer workout. I paused quite a bit to catch my breath. The whole thing made me feel out of shape! Still I was glad to get it done. More later when I am on the regular computer.

I did Step Moves :) I also took a picture of my workout space. I took it sideways from my phone so you might have to turn you head to see it cuz I doubt I can figure out how to rotate it. It looks a little dark since I took it in the evening. Usually there is more light coming through in the daytime. Chat with ya all tomorrow :)

Carolyn, great hearing from you. Did you say cool?? I am dying here! So muggy, but what else is new?? We could use some thunder and rain, but it'd probably make it even more oppressive. No shower?? I would definitely miss that. Hope your bathroom is not a hole in the ground, using leaves.:D Just kidding! Enjoy your day.

I did GS B/Sh/Bi today. It is one workout that I've maybe done a couple of times. I really like it! Since I didn't remember the format, I felt kind of scattered. I will definitely do it more, because I like the slower pace. At some points I was still using the weights that I was using last year, pre-STS!:confused: Probably because I haven't been doing weights since STS on a regular basis, but rather just on circuits. Oh well.

Mer, typing on one finger is for the birds! One time I felt like I was getting carpal tunnel on my right wrist!:confused:

Have a great day, all!

Carolyn- Your vacation sounds like it was so great! So happy that you and your family got to spend so much time together :) And thanks...it so so big...perfect for step workouts.

Betty- You reminded me that I have that workout too but like you have only done it a few times. I need to remember to rotate through all my DVD's.

LIChallenge for me today. Well I haven't done it yet but am gonna head to the basement in a bit. Had to check the forums first right haha! I work 3-11:30pm all weekend. Thank goodness I'm on the Chem Dep unit and not Geri Psych. It's been crazy up there lately. Yesterday someone threw a chair at one of the Program Therapists....yikes! I have been asking the other nurses for lots of help if my patients are combative. They are always willing and asking me what I need. I stay at least 3 feet away from them if I sense anything. Not taking any chances.

Alright off to get my Cathe on......

Not much time to post! Arghh! We've been so busy lately. I'm trying to choke down some lunch while my patient is dilating and now they just tell me they booked two more patients and cut my lunch even shorter!:mad: I guess I should be happy though...better than being not booked at all!

Today was Horizontal Conditioning Volume 3. These are getting easier to do! Whoo hoo! :D

Carolyn- I'm so glad you guys are having such a great time! I hear ya on the getting grungy when you're camping and on vacation. I always miss my bed and bathroom when I'm gone too long! Even if it's at a cabin or hotel, it's just not the same without all my "stuff". lol

Marie- great workout area! Is that concrete flooring? Have you ever thought about getting puzzle mats for shock absorption? SO scary about the combative patients! Be careful!!

Betty- I love that GS dvd! It has great back work in it!

aaack! I gotta go! Later girls!

Hello Everyone,

Well all the talk about eye aura's and migraines and I got one Wednesday. Luckily I don't get them all that often, but I couldn't workout Wed and felt too off on Thursday and decided to listen to my body and rest. So today I got some cardio in, S&G again. So this hasn't been much of an "active" recovery week, lol...just a recovery week. I wound up doing 2 cardio's and 2 stretching routines. Anyway, tomorrow I will do light stretching and then I'll be starting Meso 2 Sunday! Woohoo!!!!! So excited.

Jean, no I never did Drill Max b4, but I've been recently experiencing that high with S&G, love it! Thanks for the recommendation.

Meredith, hows your recovery week going? I want to try To the Max! It is on my long list of Cathe video's to get. :) Are you starting meso 2 on Monday?

Marie, your new space looks so great! Congrats.

Missy, that is so awesome that your husband wants to try STS with you. Can't wait to hear if you both start tomorrow.

Hello to Carolyn, Betty, Colleen, and I hope I'm not missing anyone. Enjoy the weekend!

Busy shift at work tonight! Finally done with everything. I do love a good busy, yet steady day...makes it fly by.

LIC was good today. I have to modify even that workout though. Belly is getting bigger by the day. I'll post another pic soon :)

Carolyn- Glad you got home safe. I just hate driving in the rain as well. Happy you enjoyed your vacation. Indulging is a must on trips! Gotta enjoy life to the fullest :)

Colleen- Good idea about the puzzle mats. I'll have to look into those b/c yes it is concrete. High impact was a worry for me on that type of flooring. Thanks for the idea!

Si- Sorry to hear about your migraine. Glad it was during your recovery week though. Enjoy your last day of recovery tomorrw. You'll be back and strong for M2 :)

Alright is it 11:30 cuz I'm ready to get the heck outta here!!!!

I guess I'm first to post today!

Carolyn, white knuckle all the way! Yikes! You've been in some hairy scenarios (remember the thunderstorm when you were on your boat?)! And very hard to picture cool weather up north, being stuck in this endless quagmire of soupy humidity!

Isn't it fun to indulge in bad foods!? White pasta and cocktails. Might as well. 'Reward' for your hard work throughout the year!

Si, all this talking of migraine auras, and you get one! It's so weird! Do you take any food remedies for migraines?

Missy, hope you and Tim started STS today!:)

Colleen, nice going that HC is getting easier for you!:) When it gets cooler I'll get down to business with Cathe's LIS floor work and try to master the plank moves, the dragging pushups. So tough.

Say, don't you think this time around the pre-sale price is only offered a short time?

I do have bicep doms today. Hurts so good!

I hope Mary comes back to us soon!

Incidentally, our thread is creeping up on 3000 posts.:cool: We should get a mention in the newsletter or something!;)

Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
Afternoon ladies!

Today was Ellen Barrett, Grace and Gusto. I just love that one for active recovery! It has such a great side-stretching benefit. I just love my Ellen workouts! I don't know what I'd do without those in my collection. :D Cathe and Ellen are definitely my yin and yang!

Carolyn- I so hate driving in torrential rain! Blinding snowstorms are awful, too. It doesn't help that I'm not the best driver in the world, so when conditions are less than perfect I totally white knuckle it, too! Good luck with all that laundry and settling back into routines. I always feel like I need a few days off from my vacation after my vacation to get oriented again!

Si- I'm so sorry about your migraine! I hope we didn't jinx you!:confused: I totally know what you mean by feeling "off" the whole next day. That's how I get, too, and it's so hard to explain. I just always tell people I simply can't think straight...like my head feels like it's stuffed full of cotton.:eek: Good luck with starting up Meso 2!

Betty- isn't that crazy how our thread is so long? lol We are nothing if not dedicated to this thread!:p I also noticed the presale was shorter this time. I wonder if it's because a lot of people were waffling back and forth with LIS last time. There was a lot of doubt/negativity going on at the VF forum (regarding LIS before it came out) and tons of people ended up canceling, or canceling then reordering...or else wound up getting the workouts at full price later on. It's too easy to second guess when you are given too much time, I guess!:rolleyes:

Missy- Did you guys end up starting STS together? I hope so! That's so awesome! I totally hope to get Mark to do it someday!

Marie- you getting settled in your new place?

TTYL!

Only 2 posts to read...wow! Busy Sat for everyone I guess :)

I walked around the lake today with my BF. Just love this chic! She is 17 weeks pregnant with her first too. I'm so happy our kids will be the same age :)

I also went for a 20 minute walk during my break at work with another preg chic. Our due dates are 3 days apart :)

Colleen- We are slowly getting settled. We do a little something everyday. My goal is to have everything, including baby's room set up, by the end of Aug. I would really like a full month to just relax and have nothing to do.

Betty- Wow our thread is getting long. We totally deserve a mention in the newsletter ;) That presale was short. So glad I ordered. I'm going to have so many good workouts to do after baby.

Is it 11:30 yet?!

Last edited:
Hello! I’ve had 3 days of no working out! Yikes! I am thinking that I am going to do KPC tomorrow. Whoever suggested cleaning it, I want to hug you because that worked! :D I was so excited.

It’s been awhile since I’ve caught up so some of this is old news, but better late than never, right?

Marie, what a great deal on Craigslist with the baby clothes! I had never heard of a diaper raffle either, but that’s super cool! I’m going to remember that if I am called upon to host a shower. It’s honestly amazing how many diapers you go through!! Your new workout space looks awesome! So much room! It makes ME want to come over and work out :cool: I agree with everyone else – they need to keep you away from psychiatric patients! I have the puzzle flooring, which is great for cushioning, but not for sliding. Looks like you have nice area rugs that you can just put over them though. I had no idea that threads / check-ins got mentioned in the newsletter (I guess you can tell how much I read it :eek:).

Jean, it was you who suggested I clean my KPC disk. So {{{{{big squeezy hug}}}} for you! How is your dog doing? How are you enjoying book number 3? I think it’s my favorite of the series. I have done Drill Max, but maybe just once. I remember it didn’t seem very fun at the time.

Betty, I am trying to imagine stepping during a humid day, and I just can’t. Hats off to you! But no endorphin high after working out?! Aw, man, that’s a bummer. I LOVE the workout high! Maybe you just feel so good all the time you don’t notice it.

Missy, when I was a girl, we grew pumpkins every year. The bank would have a contest and give you free seeds and everything and then you would weigh in your biggest pumpkin to see if you won. Pumpkins (and cucumbers and zucchini for that matter) needed no work in Michigan. Just pop the seeds in the earth, water and you’re good to go! That would be cool if your husband did STS!

Colleen, I kind of like lying floor work, especially after standing work. It’s like a little break :) Are you also a nurse? My goodness you have a lot of workouts! I’ve not heard of many of them.

Carolyn, I miss thunder! (And rain for that matter.) We never get it in SoCal. Sounds like your vacation was fabulous, except for the ride home. Glad you made it safely!

Si, sorry to hear about the migrane! I have not had an active recovery week either. I am going to go Meso 2, disk 1 tomorrow, but on Tuesday morning I am leaving on a three week trip. Of course I’ll be working out, but I can’t take all my DVDs (not to mention the equipment ;) ) with me, so I’m toying with the idea of just starting STS over again when I get back. I will hate not being on the same disk as you, but I’m sure I’m going to be waaay off when I return. It will also give me a chance to perfect my 1RM now that I know the exercises better.

Okay, all caught up for a few hours anyway :)

Hi Meredith- Hope KPC went well :)

I'm just sitting here on my couch trying to get motivated. I'm thinking TBT Express today. Not really feeling in the cardio mood. I'm going to stick to light weights too.

Work at 3.

Tomorrow off :) YAY!

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Marie

Evening girls!

I did Drill Max today!:D I was feeling sort of low on energy, but I just had to get a kick butt workout in today since I've been eating and drinking total crap all weekend:eek:. We took the kids out for a movie on Friday night (Madagascar 3...so cute!) and I ate movie popcorn and then pizza afterwards. It was pretty much downhill from there all weekend!:eek:
At first, I actually started a different dvd (Patrick Goudeau's Extreme Calorie Burn). Why is it Cathe seems to be the only instructor that knows how to do a proper warm up?:cool: I do actually like that workout but the warm up is so sucky, I just wasn't feeling it. So out it came and Drill Max went in instead. It felt so awesome! Endorphins flowed nicely:D. Then I was feeling so good I decided to do half of HC volume 2 (about 20 minutes) just to get a little core in. I was pretty wiped after all that!

Speaking of HC, I have another awesome benefit I discovered from doing those workouts...DIVE BOMBER PUSH UPS:eek: I was able to do all of them in DM today! I can usually only do one and then finish the rest doing regular push ups on my knees! Whoo hoo!

Carolyn- I definitely think you would enjoy Volume 3 of HC. That one is actually the favorite of alot of ladies on VF. I enjoy it too but I also just love volume 2. Volume 1 is also a really good workout. The only problem with that one is she uses a body bar so I find myself substituting equipment. For some of the moves, I use the bar from my barbell, but since the bar is so long I have to sub with dumbells for other moves. It's a bit of a learning curve, equipment wise because of that. Ellen Barrett is my favorite for active recovery. You don't burn a ton of calories with her...I consider her stuff my "stretchy" workouts.:)

Jean- on the subject of panties...I wear 'em, too! I guess we're both old fashioned! LOL I did try it without but I found it was a little...um, distracting.:eek: Maybe I'd get used to it? I don't have too much issue with the wedgies since I found this one brand. I think they were Warners? I can't remember now. Lord knows, the next time I go to buy some they will probably be discontinued! That always happens to me!:mad:
Happy birthday to your mom!

Marie- hope work isn't too crazy for you tonight! How are you feeling these days? I hope you're getting lots of sleep to stock up on zzzz's before baby gets here! That is so awesome your bestie is pregnant, too! It is so much fun when your friends have kids the same age. Two of my sisters have kids close in age to mine so when we get together the kids have a ball. My youngest sister is falling behind, though! By the time she has kids all the cousins are going to be older, poor (future) kiddos!

Meredith- how did KPC go? That is such a fun workout with those great combos! I'm actually an optometrist (hence the "eyefit" moniker on VF;)). We've been so busy at work with back to school that it's cutting into my forum addiction! lol I love having the internet in my office 'cause I get to sneak on between patients.:eek:

Betty- I hope your weather is getting more pleasant. We've really cooled off the past week or so. Right now we have the patio door open with the screen and it's actually pretty cool out there! We had friends over last night and a campfire...the weather was perfect for that. Of course, that added to my crazy bad diet this weekend! Beer...not so good for the midsection!:eek:

Have a great night!

Hello!

Yay for meso 2! It was so much more organized and less running around. I really appreciated that. Meso 1 felt more like a circuit workout. I felt strong still which was encouraging and had good endurance. Yay! I like how it is now Chest, Shoulders and Triceps instead of the biceps. Those little changes for sure shock the system. Oh and how legs are now on day 2 of the week instead of 3. Nice. :)

Marie, Yes, totally glad that happened on my recovery week. I must have really needed the rest! :)

Betty, I do have some food remedies for migraines and herbal supplements that I take. Mostly it is important for me to stay adequately hydrated, eat regularly (every 3 hours), manage my stress and get good sleep. I find that this really helps me. But sometimes its hormonal for me or my upper back muscles get tight and these too are other triggers for me. Anyway, glad I'm feeling better.

Colleen, totally cotton headed the next day. I hear ya! And typically my muscles in my legs feel a little weak and I'm just tired and can't think straight the next day. Anyway, glad to be feeling better for meso 2.

Carolyn, Glad to hear you liked meso 2 better. I have to say I really enjoyed it and it was so much more organized and more of the style that I'm used to doing for weight training at the gym.

Jean, I do wear undies, lol. None that I am particularly fond of and have considered not wearing them. I just viewed the Drill Max YouTube and wanted to puke, lol. It looks so hard!!! I can see why you got the high off of it.

Meredith, Oh no I am going to miss not being on the same disk as you. It's been so fun to check in and be at the same spot. But a 3 week vacation sounds amazing. Have you thought about purchasing the downloads for just those workouts and getting a free 2 week pass at a gym? Most gyms will do that. Anyway, it also sounds nice to go back to meso 1 and perfect your 1RM, I hear ya on that. Let me know what you decide and I can't wait to hear what you think about meso 2!

Hi Missy.

There are 8 of us, correct?

Good Night,

Good Morning ladies! I have been MIA for the last 2 days. Crazy weekend!

My husband and I got up Saturday morning did some yard work, showered and left at noon. We went to Tallahassee and went to lunch, shopped all day and the went to dinner. We didn't get home till 8 pm. We had so much fun. So we didnt start STS on Saturday.

Yesterday, still busy doing inside chores and then we had barn chores. Lots of work. We did take out dog for a 1 1/2 mile walk. Summer really enjoyed it, she came home and went to bed. SHe was tiered!!! :D Hopefully, once the fall weather comes we will be able to walk her more. She does not do well in the heat since she is an inside baby! She is the couch potato of our family!!!

Saturday and Sunday I did not get a Cathe workout, so I am freaking out!!! I miss it. It seams like when you skip them for several days, they become hard again! It like I lose my strength quickly! Can't have that!!!! Afterburn tonight! :)

We are planning on starting STS probably Tuesday. Monday's are never good to start anything.

As for the panties.....Carolyn I am with you. I don't wear them at all. :) They drive be crazy!!! So much more comfy without!!!

Marie---Your room looks amazing!! It is so big!!! I would also recommend the puzzle foam mats for shock absorber!!!

Hope everyone has a nice day. Check back later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.