STS first time!

Just checking in! I had a nice long post going, but then when I was toggling back and forth to re-read posts, I wiped out all of my hard work. :mad: So, I'll try again, but it is going to be shorter (I think).

Jean: So glad that you will be spared the nor'easter. I remember them and don't wish 'em upon anyone.

Carolyn: I didn't get the reference for your user ID either. Ooops! I like the Grateful Dead, too. I hope you have a great time with your sis. Mine will visit me in May.

mvf3: My husband and I would do pyramid upper body together occasionally. It's so much fun to have someone to share the pain with. :D BTW, I'm a lab tech.

Betty: I hope you decide to keep STS. I bought mine during the presale and only opened them up this year. I think I would have regretted giving them up now. You can always take a break and come back to them later.

Colleen: My eye doc said I was "tragically nearsighted". :eek: I'm not a candidate for lasik. What do you think about ICL (implantable contact lenses)?

Sherry: It sound like you've lost most of the water retention weight. I hope you decide to stay with us.

Missy: Great job with the treadmill. I've got a lot of weight to lose, but I've had bad luck with treadmills. I've got a rowing machine, so I really have no excuse to not do cardio.

Cammie: Please post from time to time to keep us up to date.

I just finished disk 15 today. I don't remember who said it, but drop sets do rock! I am enjoying meso 2 much more than meso 1. This first week has really flown by. Reading everyone's posts has really helped me keep on track. Thank you all!

Linda

Good Morning!!!! I have just completed my cardio for the day. Trying to figure out what Cathe DVD to do today... I did STS#3 yesterday so my glutes are a little sore today. I am enjoying the STS DVD so far. It is encourging to hear that Meso#2/#3 are even better. Looks like I have something to look forward to.

Carolyn: If you do decide to reopen your business I wish you the best of luck. I work in the medical field and have always wanted to work with animals. I bet it is rewarding, knowing that they can't talk back!!! haha

Sherry: Hope you are going to stick with STS.

Linda: I was going to buy a rowing machine last year, because I never had much luck with my treadmill. But, then all of a sudden... I actully starting using the treadmill and i STARTING SEE SOME RESULTS. haha It is all in what you like to do!!! Good luck rowing and also with you weight loss. If you ever need any words of encouragement I am here.

Cammie: If you are reading, we miss ya. Don't forget about us!!!

Hope everybody has a lovely day!!!:p

Wll you helped me make up my mind. I absolutely love trisets. I have done upper and lower together and when I am done you feel awesome!!!

Well, it's final. I will be doing Trisets today!!!:D

Jean--- I am glad that I motivated you to do your cardio. Good work!!!! Now you can enjoy the rest of your day!!! And have a nice day of rest tomorrow. You deserve it!!!:D

Missy, the trouble with my treadmill wasn't the results, it was the treadmill itself. It developed a weird electrical problem. We had someone come out and fix it. Two days later, the problem came back. We called the repair person multiple times, but we could never get a "live" person so we couldn't get them to come out again. We tried a different company and the exact same thing happened again. :mad: We ended up having to trash the treadmill completely. With the rowing machine, there are no electrical parts that are essential to use the machine, which was a major reason for us buying it.

Jean and Carolyn, I'm so glad that you brought up the topic about leg exercises in meso 3. I think I better start previewing and making up my mind now. If the pylo legs are high impact, I don't think I can do them, unless I'm on the rebounder. Would that be cheating??? I also won't have the 1 rep max for the squat rack. What would be better, throwing a few on at the end of a legs workout or cheating and doing them during the rest week?

I'm off to get out the rowing machine and do cardio coach. Wish me luck!

Linda

Linda---I understand about electronics! They are a pain!!!

Good call buying a rowing machine without them. How do you like rowing?

Last edited:
Just finished Tri Sets Upper and Lower. My glute muscles are on fire!!!!

Hope everybody has a lovely evening!

You guys (girls!) are moving right along I see...

mfv3 - Usually if you order something with a preorder, if it's in stock they'll send it right away. I got my firewalkers months before the LIS series came out because I ordered them at the same time. I still want to know what you think of CCC. I'm still scared of it!

Linda - I guess if you have access to a squat rack then doing Meso 3 with the squat rack option would be true to the style of Meso 3 with the high weight, low reps and all. Here is a preview of Plyo Legs from Cathe's YT account... there is some high impact in there, but it seems like it alternates with weight work too. I have heard of people doing Plyo Legs on it's own as a lower body workout.

Cathe Friedrich's STS Disc #26 - Plyo Legs - YouTube

I took a few days off to let my body recover from STS, and I'm back to my kettlebells... I missed them. Going to a bootcamp class tomorrow also, so we'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hi Ladies,

Betty, I can understand you wanting to stop STS, but I hope you stick with it, you are on the same schedule as me. It is nice to hear someone else's feedback for the same discs that I am doing.

So I did disc 7 yesterday. I was really discouraged by all those pushups! I know I am only in the 3rd week of STS, but I want to feel like I am getting stronger. I could barely do them all, even on my knees. I don't remember who recommended the Reebok pushup bars, but I got them and used them with this disc. They really helped with the wrist discomfort, now I can only blame my lack of strength for not being able to do them all! Oh, and I also used them with Weights and Plates abs, and they really helped there as well. Usually when I'm doing the plates section my wrists give out first, but this time I was able to keep going.

This is vacation week for my kids as well. We are not going any where, but will plan something for April vacation. My oldest is in driver's ed class all week, so I'll do some day things with my younger 2. Its always nice to have a break!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary

Carolyn, I think that I will be going the opposite way and use the squat rack. I hope that seeing plyo legs has fired you up for meso 3. You're almost done; only 1 more measley month! I can't say that I'm afraid of flying, but I consider it a neccesary evil. I would spend all of my vacation time just to get to my destination and then have to turn around and drive back.

Missy, I do like my rowing machine. It's great because it's a whole body workout. After rowing yesterday, my forearms were sore! They can't seem to get a break with the heavier weights. I feel like I have Popeye forearms sometimes. hahaha.

mvf3 (Marie?), I really like the area of the lab I'm in now. I do virology and molecular diagnostic testing. There is always a need for more lab techs! Aww, I'm glad hugs and kisses fixed up your niece.

Cammie, thanks for the link! It did help me make up my mind to use the squat rack. I may try pylo legs later as an individual workout. That was a good idea. Let us know how bootcamp works out.

Mary, don't get discouraged from the pushups. I have to do cheater pushups and I can't even too all of the reps that Cathe and the crew do. :eek: I felt the same way, but now I'm loving meso 2. Enjoy your mini-vacation!

Today is a cooking day for me. My husband and I were eating out waaay too much. So on my day(s) off, I've been doing cooking for the week. Yesterday, I made a different kind of pea soup from Vegetarian Times. I was a veggie for 5 or 6 years and still like to use VT's recipes. The pea soup also has fennel stalks in it. I never knew what to do with the stalks after using the fennel bulb.

Linda

Last edited:
Good afternoon! I just did my cardio (60 minutes) for the day!!! My legs/glutes are so sore. I think I will give them the rest of the day off.

Congrats on getting your firewalkers. You are going to love them. I think there awesome!!

I hope your daughters eye is okay.

Cammie---Have fun in your kickboxing class tomorrw!!! I'm sure it will be a blast!!!

Have a lovely day.:D

Out the door to Target. Be back later.

I'm back! I feel like a total, bloated slug though! Whenever we go away like this with family and friends we always binge on awful foods. Chips, pizza, cheeseburger/fries, beer...just about anything that'll make you feel awful, sluggish and retain water! It's amazing to me that there are people that eat like this every single day. I'm going to have to eat incredibly clean and exercise a lot in the next few weeks to compensate for this weekend! BTW, does anyone else hate that term "eat clean"? Since when did it go from eating healthy/unhealthy to clean/....dirty??. lol

Mary-I'm glad you got and like the reebok push up bars! I did it to be preventative about my wrists. They are so teeny weeny I was afraid of developing problems over time with all that flexion you get with push ups, mountain climbers, etc.

Carolyn- I'm so sorry about your daughters eye!! Was the doc able to properly treat it? If the abrasion is fairly serious she would need a bandage contact lens, antibiotic drops and possibly cycloplegic/dilating drops for any internal inflammation. It sounds like it may have been serious if she was up at night with pain. I hope it comes out okay!! This fall Mark was starting up the lawn mower without the guard on it to chop up some leaves and a stick flew up and hit our neighbor kid (Dylan's best friend) in the eye. It was a good thing I was there because I made sure to look at him right away rather than wait and sure enough he had a horrible abrasion...like pretty serious! Since I got to it quick I was able to treat it so there weren't any lasting effects. Thankfully, too, we are pretty close friends with our neighbors so it turned out okay.

I'm so glad you are going to do Plyo Legs too Carolyn! I love those workouts! I bought meso 3 originally just by itself because I wanted those workouts to do on their own. Awesome cardio and leg strength. The moves are high impact but not bad at all. I like plyometrics that are done in a controlled fashion rather than high impact aerobics that's all frantic and frenzied. That's when my knees bother me. With Plyo legs, it's very controlled jumping so you can concentrate on landing softly and like Cammie said, it's alternated with leg strength exercises too.

Betty- I really hope you stick with STS! I think you'll really enjoy it. It's a lot tougher for women to bulk with muscles than most women believe. Most of the time, when a woman "bulks" it's more about diet, water retention or not burning off the intramuscular fat that hides the true definition. Muscle itself takes up so much less room than fat! I have lost very little actual pounds with working out but went down 2 pant sizes just by trading fat for muscle!

Okay, I seriously need to get a workout in to feel less yucky about this weekend!
Later girls!
Colleen

Last edited:
Ho boy- I just did the cardio only premix of CCC and STS disc 19. I was doing pretty good, but my triceps were definitely not worked as well as they could have been. The fatigue set in and there was a lot of muscle failure going on!:( Not too happy about that. I'm still so frustrated by how much weaker my left tricep is than my right. It was ridiculous today! I'd only get to half the reps and my left would start to fail...almost bonking me in the head!:mad: Also not a huge fan of the double wave load...which means it's probably good for me!:eek:

Good evening!

Colleen---Welcome Back! Hope you had a blast!!! When you go on vacation you always eat junk, but I feel when you get back it makes you realize how bad it really was and much better you normally eat! (clean) lol. I see you have already gotten back into the swing of things buy getting back to STS!!! congrats on that!!!:eek:

Carolyn---The monthly monster always comes and ruins the day/days. Sometimes even though we know we would feel better if we exercised, we just can't get up to do it. You just feel too bad!!! I know how you feel, my period is the worst. Some months I think it is okay, but then the next I think I am going to DIE!!! I hope you feel better tomorrow!!!:)

Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday!!!

Good Morning to all.... I have finished my morning cardio and am off to work. Tonight is Disc#4. Looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a lovely Monday!!!!:)

Morning my sister's in sweat!:D

Well, once again I was so hoping to get a workout in on a Monday morning but it didn't happen. Darn Sunday night insomnia!:mad: Not only is it tough to fall asleep Sunday nights, but when I did, my kitty kept waking me up! The little stinker was stalking me under the bed last night. Every time a hand or foot would fall off the side of the bed he would jump up and attack it! He startled me awake three times before I finally got up and turned the light on in the bedroom to fish him out from under the bed. Our bedroom door doesn't shut properly so I had to put a dumbell up against the door to keep him from coming back in! Sigh.

On the plus side I actually have some nice DOMS in my shoulders, chest and triceps. I rarely feel them in my triceps so I'm pretty happy about that. Maybe that awful double wave load was worth it after all!:eek:

I hope everyone's having a great Monday!!

Carolyn---I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!!!

Colleen---I understand the kitty drama---I have 2 cats that think it's play time when I go to bed! haha---At least the dumbbell was put to good use last night! lol :p

Good Evening ladies!!!! I just finished Disc #4. I thought the push ups were going to kill me. But I made it. And now I feel great. Tomorrow Will be Turbo Barre also. Can't wait!!! I love that one. :p

Betty---I'm glad you are sticking with STS.

Can't stay up too late tonight I have to go to work 1 hour early tomorrow, which means I have to get up even earlier (5 am) so I can do my cardio!!! :) Which means I will have a very long day tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening!!! :)

I'm so jealous of you girls getting to do Turbo Barre tomorrow! I stupidly traded this one away when I got the LIS preorder. I tried it once and had trouble with my knees while doing it. After I traded it I realized it's the doing plies on my toes (in releve) that aggravate my knees and I should have tried it at least one more time flat footed. Darn it! :mad: Hopefully I can get it back through trading on VF!

Betty I'm so glad your sticking with STS too! Yay! I definitely am feeling stronger with this program. The other thing I notice is that my knees are feeling better since I'm doing less high impact than before. It's hard to get everything in while doing STS 3x week and I try to do at least one LIS workout during the week too. I'm only doing high impact once a week instead of 2 or 3 and I can tell a difference in my joints.:) To be fair, though, I am a lot smarter about high impact exercise than when I first started! I've got the shock absorbent puzzle mats, the rebounder for really high impact moves and I'm aware of my knee alignment and keeping those knees soft when landing. Whoah- I went off on a tangent there...sorry!

Carolyn- How's your daughter's eye? Is she feeling better? As far as ttotm issues I have noticed mine are much more extreme than when I was younger. I don't know what it is, but my hormones used to be more regulated it seems! I also used to think people used pms as an excuse! I never knew how powerful hormones were until the last 5 years or so!

Missy- good luck tomorrow getting up so early to work out! That does make for a long day when you have to get up earlier than usual. I work out in the morning too but it is sooo not in my nature! I have to get up a good hour before I actually work out just to get the morning fog to lift while I drink coffee and sit on the computer!!:eek:

Okay, time to watch Mad Men with hubby! :)
Night ladies!
Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.