STS Check in

Disc 7 complete with some abs and walking with hubby. Planning on Disc 9 Legs tomorrow bc I won’t be able to workout Thursday as I have a hair appt. Only two more days with students until Christmas break! I also have a lot of baking to do on Saturday...
I can’t tell you how freakin sore my back (thanks, pull-ups) and butt/legs are! Dang!

Got off track the last few days - too much sloth, sugar and other crappy food that just made me feel super yucky. All that sitting around and those 'fun foods' didn't end up being so fun! I need moderation!! ;)So back on track today - starting week 3 - Disk 7.

Disc 9 Legs DONE! Did some running with my daughter as well. Dude, what is up with that bonus disc sequence at the end of the legs workout? Holly Hannah my butt cheeks were burning! Tomorrow has to be a rest day, so hopefully I get Back and Triceps in on Fri or Sat!

Disc 8 Back and Triceps done today with abs and 3 mile run. Got lots of baking done today. I can't believe I'm already heading into week 4!

Thursday I did KCM trim & tone intervals, Friday was step boss intermediate step & stacker abs. Yesterday I started week 2 of STS week 2 with disc 4, and today was disc 6 with step boss abs 2. Why I decided to torture myself with 8 weeks of meso 1 and all these pushups is beyond me! I’m so over them already!

Friday was step boss intermediate step & stacker abs. Yesterday I started week 2 of STS week 2 with disc 4, and today was disc 6 with step boss abs 2
How did you like the Step Boss workouts?? I am really looking forward to using them to supplement STS. I ordered the DVDs, so it may be a while till they arrive here in Canada.

Disc 8 Back and Triceps done today with abs and 3 mile run.
Wow! Great job, Penny. Inspiring. I am doing Disk 8 today. But I don't think I will be adding a 3 mile run AND an ab routine afterward! :p I'll have to double check that I am getting my cardio and ab work (and stretching) in every couple of days.

Thursday I did KCM trim & tone intervals, Friday was step boss intermediate step & stacker abs. Yesterday I started week 2 of STS week 2 with disc 4, and today was disc 6 with step boss abs 2. Why I decided to torture myself with 8 weeks of meso 1 and all these pushups is beyond me! I’m so over them already
Yes! Please tell us about the new step workouts! You must me much more coordinated than I am because I suck at step workouts! Haha! What a great way to add some cardio to our STS workouts! Way to go!

LOL I suck at step workouts too, but I've been trying to learn! I just did the bonus intermediate step and was able to do most of it without issue. A couple of the moves were tricky and I had to rewind and try them again. I will probably try the full StepSync workout and IMAX 4 in pieces on my rest days in order to learn. The bonus abs were fun with a lot of new moves, but I will probably have to try a heavier weight on the second workout because my core isn't sore today.

LOL I suck at step workouts too, but I've been trying to learn! I just did the bonus intermediate step and was able to do most of it without issue. A couple of the moves were tricky and I had to rewind and try them again. I will probably try the full StepSync workout and IMAX 4 in pieces on my rest days in order to learn. The bonus abs were fun with a lot of new moves, but I will probably have to try a heavier weight on the second workout because my core isn't sore today.
Glad to hear you were able to do the bonus StepSync. I am also very "step" challenged. Looking forward to the ab stacker.

Those new step workouts sound great. That's a good idea to rewind and try again! I've never thought to do that...I just get frustrated, throw something, curse at the screen and give up lol.

Disc 10 complete! I'm happy with my strength improvements each week. Pull-ups (assisted) have gotten easier, as have the bazillion push-ups. I'm thinking of getting Legs in tomorrow morning, and then my last workout of Meso 1 after Christmas! I'm ready to move to a different rep range and new outfits from Cathe and crew Haha!

I don't want to take a rest week before Meso 2. What do you ladies think?

Good evening, ladies!
Today I started back on the STS rotatopm and completed Disc 1. I also did STS stretch, Step Boss Bonus and ab stacker.
Was so excited that I got through the Step Sync Bonus without many issues. Look forward to doing it several times more before I attempt StepSync:):cool:
Tomorrow I'm doing PHA3.

Those new step workouts sound great. That's a good idea to rewind and try again! I've never thought to do that...I just get frustrated, throw something, curse at the screen and give up lol.

Disc 10 complete! I'm happy with my strength improvements each week. Pull-ups (assisted) have gotten easier, as have the bazillion push-ups. I'm thinking of getting Legs in tomorrow morning, and then my last workout of Meso 1 after Christmas! I'm ready to move to a different rep range and new outfits from Cathe and crew Haha!

I would recommend taking the week active recovery break. I remember reading that it is necessary in order to give your body a break and get the most out of the series. Lets your muscles rest and recharge. If I find the reference, I'll send it to you. Good job, Penny!!

OK, I found the reference in the STS User's Guide. It says, "this will help your body to recover and to prepare for the next and more intense mesocycle that follows". Page 7 of the guide.

Today I completed PHA3, Step Sync Intermediate and STS Extended stretch.
I wanted to do SS Intermediate again to see if I could work on some of the moves I stumbled on yesterday. I put the DVD on slow mo and that really helped me. If I have time tomorrow I'm going to do it again. I have Disc 3 Legs tomorrow.

Thank you Nicki! My right hamstring was actually acting up today, so I think I'll just have some fun with all of my favorite Cathe cardio workouts next week. I don't want to aggravate it any further!

Okay, Disc 12 Legs in the books with some walking today. Then it's on to my last workout for Meso 1!

I'm thinking about working my way back to Meso 1 after finishing all of STS (so after Meso 3, go to Meso 2, then Meso 1). I think that will take me to summer and swimsuit season! What so you ladies think?

Thank you Nicki! My right hamstring was actually acting up today, so I think I'll just have some fun with all of my favorite Cathe cardio workouts next week. I don't want to aggravate it any further!

Okay, Disc 12 Legs in the books with some walking today. Then it's on to my last workout for Meso 1!

I'm thinking about working my way back to Meso 1 after finishing all of STS (so after Meso 3, go to Meso 2, then Meso 1). I think that will take me to summer and swimsuit season! What so you ladies think?
I think that's a great idea, Penny!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.