STS Check in

I was able to get a good workout in this morning. Did Disc 3, Step Boss ab#2, Yoga Max and Step Sync Intermediate! Was so glad to get this in today:)

Nicki I'm so glad you were able to get those good workouts in! How was PHA 3? How does it compare to the other two?

Jane let's do this! I think it will be a good program to work through before summer!

Well, I completed my last workout of Meso 1 for now! This next week will be active recovery. I did Pedal Power after Disc 11 today, so I think I will mix in some of my favorite kickboxing workouts since I have been missing them! I was wanting to revisit some low Impact hiits as well as Cardio Party from the Lite series. We shall see!
What's everyone's plans for New Years?

I enjoyed PHA3. Tough and fast. Instead of doing IMAX4 yesterday I ended up doing Kick, Punch and Crunch which I love. I'm going to try Disc 2 and I will be finished with week 1:):)
Penny, have fun with your active recovery week! It's good to go back and rediscover some of your old and new favorites. I enjoy hearing everyone's favorite work-out DVDs.

Nicki I'm so glad you were able to get those good workouts in! How was PHA 3? How does it compare to the other two?

Jane let's do this! I think it will be a good program to work through before summer!

Well, I completed my last workout of Meso 1 for now! This next week will be active recovery. I did Pedal Power after Disc 11 today, so I think I will mix in some of my favorite kickboxing workouts since I have been missing them! I was wanting to revisit some low Impact hiits as well as Cardio Party from the Lite series. We shall see!
I haven't made any New Years plans yet. Will most likely go to my neighbors and then I just have to walk across the street to come home. No driving:)

I enjoyed PHA3. Tough and fast.
Tough and fast is exactly what I like. :) So anxious to try it. Hope mine arrives in the mail soon! Starting Active Recovery week soon and Step Boss should fit that bill nicely.

A woman who attends "Power Hour" (the fitness classes I teach) owns a sweet little wine bar on the water just down the street from my house. She is having a woman sing and play guitar and only sold 30 tickets so looking forward to a fun, relaxing New Years Eve in an intimate setting. I live in a small town so will probably know most of the people there.

Tough and fast is exactly what I like. :) So anxious to try it. Hope mine arrives in the mail soon! Starting Active Recovery week soon and Step Boss should fit that bill nicely.

A woman who attends "Power Hour" (the fitness classes I teach) owns a sweet little wine bar on the water just down the street from my house. She is having a woman sing and play guitar and only sold 30 tickets so looking forward to a fun, relaxing New Years Eve in an intimate setting. I live in a small town so will probably know most of the people there.
That sounds like fun!!

Jane, that really does sound like a fun New Years! I grew up in a small town, and I really miss it sometimes!

Nicki hooray for you! Keep it up! I'm glad to hear good things about PHA 3...I need to order that soon!

Well, I did Rock 'Em Sock 'Em today with some walking and stretching. It was fun! I think tomorrow I'll either do Cycle Sweat or a low impact hiit.

Jane, that really does sound like a fun New Years! I grew up in a small town, and I really miss it sometimes!

Nicki hooray for you! Keep it up! I'm glad to hear good things about PHA 3...I need to order that soon!

Well, I did Rock 'Em Sock 'Em today with some walking and stretching. It was fun! I think tomorrow I'll either do Cycle Sweat or a low impact hiit.
Sounds like you have a good active recovery week planned. Go girl!

This morning I did Chair Stretch, Power Hour Abs and Fit Split Bootcamp section.
Now, getting ready to run errands so I can be ready for some good football games.
Hope you all have a great day!!

Hi Everyone! I started the 3-month rotation for the first time ever on 12/26, and just did my second workout today. I have been hearing about STS since I first discovered Cathe in 2012, but never felt ambitious enough to try it.

Now I am looking forward to a new challenge, and plan to run on the treadmill for my cardio days in order to train for a 5k in March

It is so fun and inspiring to read all of your posts, and I feel I have company on the journey! Thanks so much!

I usually do ab routines based on how much available time I have (which mainly depends on how early I get up!).

After disc 1, I did the first ab workout from Core Max. The next day, I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and did the boxing abs from LITE. Today I did disc 2, but decided to give my abs a rest, but will probably do the abs from High Reps tomorrow.

Carrie, I think you will be very happy with the STS program and the results. This is my 3rd time although it has been about 3 years since my last one. Don't know why it took me so long but I'm really enjoying it! I just finished Week 1 yesterday and will start on week 2 tomorrow.
I have to thank Rhonda for getting us motivated to start this.
Good luck Carrie!!

I enjoy learning new choreography, and usually put on a new step routine after I've already completed a workout so that I can just focus on the foot patterns and rewind at will.

Surprisingly, my husband recently heard a study about keeping the mind engaged during workouts, and he came in the living room when I was at the final combined combo part of Step Sync. He commented "I can see you really need to think and concentrate in addition to exercising."

So he totally got it.

Welcome Carrie! So excited to have you here!
Well, I completed All Out Low Impact Hiit + Core 1 today from the Xtrain series. I really love that one. I also did some walking and rebounding for fun. Hey question, are metabolic workouts allowed during active recovery? I really miss my weights!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.