STS Body Rockers week of September 11th

Zbridget

Cathlete
Starting a new thread for the week.

Went to church picnic today- lovely weather, ate too much! Will not begin to calculate the point values, just behave myself for the rest of the week.

Today was a rest day. Looked at my calendar, I worked out 8 days straight? This is a record for me!

Good night gang

Bridget

Hey Bridget. Glad you enjoyed the picnic. Thanks for starting the thread.

Today I did both work outs from the Kettlebell bootcamp dvd. They are 20 mins a piece and really good! Loved it! I'll be feelin' it tmrw I think!:eek:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I got a lot accomplished around the house all this past week and into this weekend. I feel good about that. Hopefully I can keep it up! :rolleyes:

Good night!:)

Morning Ladies.

Today is my rest day so I stayed in bed til almost 5:30! Whoa! Amazing isn't it? :p

Thought I'd have major DOMS from y'day's work out but so far I am ok. Not sure if I am happy about this or disappointed!!! :confused:

BBL from work. Have a great day.:cool:

Hey ladies! Thought I'd pop in and say hi! I've been following the forums via phone mostly, but finally got a quick minute before DS is up and about and ready to start school. ;) My workouts haven't been anything too exciting, last week was PS w/MMA boxing, and 2 elliptical sessions in between. I'm able to go a little longer and harder on the elliptical each time, so I'm hoping that's good news. I'm still coming up w/new and inventive ways to modify stuff (although I was praying that I wouldn't still have to, or that the new series would be here, but- oh well - I'm making do. ;) )

DH started M2 y'day, and as predicted, he HOOKED! YAY! I knew if he could just grin and bear it through M1, he'd actually start to like it. He was actually supposed to start today, but was chompin at the bit all last week about "recovery week nonsense" :rolleyes: and was ready to hop back into it before losing momentum. He's already asking the famous question...What do I do after STS? LOL I told him, "um...honey, I think you're becoming a 'Cathlete' :p " IDK if he liked that one too much...

Bridget: 8 days in a row! Whew, girl, you could use a break. I think its safe to say that you're all caught up from your Irene-induced missed w/o's ;) BTW, congrats on starting M3, and upping those weights again.

Wendy: Staying in bed til 5:30, wow, what a rebel :rolleyes: :p LOL. Sorry (umm..i think...lol) that your DOMS didn't show up yet, maybe next time ;) At least you still got in some good w/o's in addition to all the stuff you got done around the house, instead of subbing out one for the other (which I'm often guilty of :eek: )

Hey Katie & Kris! Hope ya'll had a good weekend!

Hi ladies!

I'm back from Florida and i'm exhausted. What a whirlwind trip. My grandmother is moving to a new condo ("independent living facility") so my dad and I went with her to check out the place and to review the lease (which i'm glad I did because i'm forcing the landlord to add a few things before she'll sign). My grandmother is also considering helping my husband and I adopt a baby so we had to talk "financials" quite a bit. It was very stressful but fingers crossed it all works out! I got up this morning at 4:30 am, caught a 7:00 am flight, and am now at work until about 6:00/7:00 pm tonight. I already told the judge I am just going to be useless today. :rolleyes:

I did sneak in a 30 minute treadmill workout on Saturday. I usually like to do HiiT workouts on the treadmill, but since I did a HiiT workout on Friday I decided to keep my speed around 5/6 mph and just varied the incline between 0 and 4. I also added on 3 sets of 12-16 reps of the following: leg presses, leg extensions, leg curls, and calves. The gym was at the clubhouse in my grandmother's living facility, and I was the youngest person in the gym by about 50 years. :p I took off Sunday and today. At first I felt bad about taking 2 days off in a row but I haven't done that since the end of June so I decided I deserved a break!

BBL for personals!

Hi there everyone -

I've been a slacker this weekend - need a butt kick to get back in gear. Since I finished STS last Wednesday, and they say to take an active recovery week, I've used that as an excuse to do nothing pretty much.

Hoping that saying that will be my own kick in the butt for me. Any kicks from you all would be appreciated too though.

I will workout tomorrow a.m. and move forward with my planned rotation - I will also do something today.

Hi Wendy, hope you had a great weekend and got in some great workouts, can't wait to hear about them.

Hi Bridget, great job with PL, glad I could help - I was really thrown off the first one, thinking 'what???? 4 risers - are you craaazy?' till these ladies helped

Hi Katie - hope you had a fabulous time in FL!

Talk to you all later - will be checking in with workout details

Kris

I'm such a ding bat sometimes... yeesh, I missed this thread and started another one... couldn't figure out how to delete it, but posting here in the right place now... sorry about that.

So, the note above is what I put in before I read everyones posts...

Katie- wow, sounds like a whirlwind trip for sure - great job getting in some workouts. And congratulations too on looking into adoption! How exciting - fingers crossed for you.

Kiki - Glad to see you here - great job with your workouts - glad you're feeling better. Awesome too that DH started M2 and loves it!

Wendy - wow, 5:30 - that would be sleeping in for me too - crazy isn't it? Great job with your workout yesterday and enjoy your rest day - well deserved:)

Bridget - Wow - 8 days straight - that's awesome!

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Hi ladies!

This morning I needed a fun, sorta-intense, sweat invoking workout so what did I reach for? Rythmic Step of course! :) I've been busy planning out my workouts for the rest of the month. This week is just whatever, next week i'm focusing on gym styles and the last week i'm focusing on 4DS (two of my favorite series). Fingers crossed by that time the new low impact series will be out (yipee) but if not i'm going to try Cathe's January 2011 rotation.

Kris: I wouldn't worry to much about your "rest" week. :p It happens and honestly maybe your body needed the break. I know I have a hard time skipping workouts because the guilt is overwhelming but i'm learning that living a healthy lifestyle inclues a for real break now and then. The Florida trip was definitely a whirwind! My gma is such a fiesty old lady. :) I tend to look really young (especially when I wear old shorts and t-shirts) and my gma kept saying to all her friends "this is my grandaughter, she is a lawyer, but she doesn't look like it at all does she?" :rolleyes: :)

Kiki: So glad to hear from you! YAY on your DH enjoying Meso 2. That's great! and you get to enjoy the benefits of his hard work. Hehe. :p It's definitely good news that you are able to keep increasing your ellipitcal workouts! That achilles is going to be as good as new in no time. I hear ya on the new workouts...I want them soooooo bad! I know it takes time and Cathe is all about quality, i'm just impatient! :eek: ;)

Wendy: How is your DS enjoying so far? 5:30 am is your "sleeping in" wake up time? Oh geez! You continue to amaze me! :) Isn't it amazing how great it feels to have your house in order? I despise cleaning but man oh man I love the after effect!

Bridget: I love picnics! So much fun! So much food! Yum! ;) I've been completely off track with my eating lately so I need to keep my butt in line this week too! :confused: How are you enjoying Meso 3 so far? It definitely is different!

Hey Ladies.

Today's work out was the BR Bombshell Booty work out. 15 mins of arse kickin'! :eek: Woot! :D I wish I could have gotten in something extra but that was my own fault for not getting started early enough. It's happening a lot lately. Need to work on that. :rolleyes: Thankfully there have been no negative reprecussions so far though! :)

Katie:: Glad you had a good trip to FLA! I assume you meant how is my DS enjoying school so far and so far, he loves it! He's always loved it though! For now anyway! :p RS is so much fun. I haven't been stepping much if at all. Need to get back to it a bit.

Kris:: No worries. I used to be famous for missing the threads and starting a new one that ends up being a duplicate. :rolleyes: I have this joke with my best friend that we share a brain so when one of us has to think the other one acts brainless. Perhaps you and I share a brain at times too? LOL :D:p Totally kidding ofcourse!!!! Just being silly. ;)

Kiki:: Exciting or not, a work out is a work out. Good for you! YAY for DH loving M2. M2 is easy to love IMO. :) The earlier I can get my work out done on weekends, the less chance there is of me blowing it off for housework/chores. Gotta get it done first. If I don't then I stand the chance of it not getting done which I then regret...:(

I'm loving Meso 3 so far, I like the heavy weight with the long sets in between- I did chest & back this morning, and love using the big girl weights! I feel so powerful!

Spinning tomorrow morning, I need to get to bed early so I get up in time!

Tomorrow is a WW day too- I'm just hoping for a tie week, I'm not feeling the weight loss after eating every starchy salad & homemade mac & cheese & pulled pork and cookies etc.... this weekend. We'll see...

Kiki- good to hear from you! I'm hoping the new series is up soon too- perhaps it will coincide with your weight bearing on the achilles

Kris- would never kick your butt for taking a rest week! I have one coming up in 3 weeks, and it cannot come soon enough! I'm looking forward to something different too- maybe the new workouts will be out???

Katie- I'll bet the treadmill never went so fast at the assisted living facility! Best of luck on the upcoming adoption too!

Wendy- Bombshell bootie Badgirl workout?? I love it!

Take care all

Bridget

Hi there everyone!

So yesterday, I got off my butt and did a Core Max workout and then 4DS Kickbox (with weighted gloves too ;) ). I don't usually work out in the p.m., but just felt like I wanted/needed to break the few days break... Then this a.m. I did High Reps for the first time ever - holy moly, that was tough tough :eek: I know that I used heavier weights than I ever would have before STS, my triceps totally went to failure, I thought I was going to drop my weights at one point... My chest and triceps especially are actually sore to the touch - we'll see how energetically I get out of bed tomorrow... :eek:

Hi Katie - that's funny that your Grandma points that out to her friends:) Great job on Rhythmic Step, that one is fun:) I know now what you mean about the triceps in High Step - whoa, that was tough! Made me laugh too, talking about the Hover squats and tricep dips and not cussing poor Cathe :rolleyes:

Hi Wendy - love that name too - Bombshell Booty workout:) And maybe that brain sharing thing is what it was - lol!

Hi Bridget! Hope you're doing good!

Hi Kiki - hope you're doing good too!

Have a great night everyone! Looks like it might storm here, really windy again (hello dust) and lightning and all that drama.

Kris

Bridget - guess we were posting at the same time:) Great job on M3 chest and back - I know what you mean with the big girl weights:) Have fun spinning tomorrow!

Kris

Good Morning! Monday I did S90 Chest/Shoulder/Tri, and yesterday was Ballet Conditioning.

Kris: Way to go, jumpin back in there w/ HR (I love that w/o ;) ) Hope ya got some nice DOMS today

Bridget: Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE M3? LOL :eek: I adore the rest periods, although I know that they drive some people crazy, :p . Keeping my fingers crossed for your WW tie this week...

Wendy: Is that Bombshell Booty of yours feelin any DOMS this AM? I figure its a good thing that you can fit in quicker w/o's, yet not sacrifice the changes you've worked for so far. I think that's the best thing about STS for me, the results that I've built from it, carry me through for a while, even when my w/o's are shorter in duration and intensity, like right now...by the time I feel like I'm losing those results, its time to hop back into it - and come out looking even better! :eek:

Katie: Glad you made it back safely. Keep us posted on the adoption process. Thinking of you in that fitness center had me giggling out loud, lol, just imagining visiting my grandma (in Sun City, AZ) and hanging out in the fitness center...:confused: I've been planning out the rest of my month, too (had left it open in case the new stuff came) and looks like we've planned GS for the same week ;), so...see ya in the gym :p

Well I finally did it. I had Cardio Core Circuit on my calendar and, instead of subsituting another workout, I actually did CCC (and survived - barely :eek: )! I have to admit CCC is one of the few Cathe workouts that has a serious dread factor for me. Maybe it's because it is such an intense, grabs your balls sweat fest (sorry, that might have been slightly inappropriate :D ).

Kris: Great job getting back on the horse yesterday with 4DS Kickbox and Core Max! Especially using weighted gloves - I still haven't added WG to any of my kickboxing workouts...I really need to do that! :eek: :D The High Reps tricep section is crazy isn't it?? Are you still sore today? I am usually sore to the touch too after that one!

Bridget: So glad to hear you are loving Meso 3!! Using big girl weights is such an amazing feeling - like you can take on the world. ;) In law school, I use to joke that I felt 10 feet tall and bulletproof when I drank alcohol, now I feel that way when I use heavy, big girl weights. Love it!

Wendy: Oops I did mean to ask if your DS was liking school. Sorry about that! :) I'm glad to hear he is enjoying school though. First grade is such a fun age. Back in the day I used to substitute teach and I always loved K-2 classes. The name of the BR workout you did yesterday rocks! No matter what the workout encompasses with a name like "Bombshell Booty" you can't go wrong. :p

Kiki: Looks like we are posting at the same time again! :) What ballet conditioning DVD did you do? Did you like it? I tend to really enjoy ballet type workouts but I can rarely find one that I feel works me hard enough (I'm a gluttton for punishment - maybe THAT's why I did CCC this morning :) ). I was keeping most of September open too but the empty spaces on my calendar were driving me crazy! I just couldn't take it anymore yesterday and I had to map out the rest of the month. I went ahead and threw in October too, just for kicks. :rollseyes: We are definitely going to be burning up the "gym" next week. Can't wait!!

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

Must have been on the same page with you this a.m. Katie - I did CCC too:eek: (well, I did the Cardio Drill PM - still intense) . I do have DOMS today - my arms, abs, chest, legs- especially in my arms though. :D

Hi Katie - great job doing CCC, I was dreading it this a.m. too and I just did the PM. I think your description was spot on - lol!

Hi Kiki - great to hear from you - sounds like you're doing much better - so glad, I know how frustrating an injury is.

Hi Bridget and Wendy:)

Hope you all have a great day!

Kris

Random thought

Has anyone tried these before: Deep&Velvety Chocolate VitaBrownie (16 Brownies)

I happen to stumble upon them Monday at a grocery store near my office. I tried one for the first time last night and I have to say it was pretty good! Of course, it isn't the same as a normal ooey-gooey brownie, but for a "healthy" snack it was quite delicious. I know it is processed, which isn't ideal, but for a chocolate fanatic like me it's a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth without going overboard. Sadly I found them kinda expensive (well, i'm kind of cheap when it comes to buying groceries anyway) but worth the money on ocassion.

Just thought I would pass this "treat" along in case anyone else is interested. :)

Good Afternoon!

Hey you ladies are having way too much fun with the BR work out names over here! LOL I just do 'em, I don't name 'em! :p:D

Today's work out was HiiT 30/30 and some of my own ab work.

Katie/Kris:: Too funny, I actually strongly considered CCC for this morning's work out as well but just as expected, I chickened out and switched it up! :p

Katie:: Did you GRAB YOUR BALLS??? LMAO!!! That's the name of another BR work out you know!!!!:D:D:D

Bridget:: So how'd the weigh in go?

Kiki:: I am getting very spoiled by these shorter but kick azz work outs that I am doing! I'm hardly doing any Cathe at all these days! :eek:

Last edited:
Good evening everyone!
Spinning this morning, and STS biceps & stuff tomorrow. I really like how I look forward to each different workout. I am really impressed with how the STS plan is working out for me- soooo worth the purchase!

WW this week- no gain, no loss, exactly the same. I count that as a win! Just staying with the program for another week, perhaps I will start moving in the other direction again next week. Thank you all for the crossed fingers!

Wendy- don't you love DOMS in your buttocks?

Katie- You meant your kettle balls, right? I'll pass on your treat, it is this board that is responsible for hooking me on dark chocolate peanut butter cups, I don't need a new addiction in that department!

Kris- I have never done kickboxing wo's with weighted gloves- I have a pair of one pounders from a rebounder that I used to own- the gloves lasted longer than it did unfortunately...

Kiki- sounds like you are perking up from your injury- you will be back to high impact intensity in no time!

Good night gang, you have been such an inspiration to me, and a great source of accountability!

Good Morning!

I decided to break out another "unloved" workout so this morning I did Butts & Guts: Standing Legs + Abs Timesaver Premix. Because I had a little extra time, I added on about 10 minutes of floorwork before the stretch. B&G is another workout with a serious dread factor for me. Not quite sure why... nonetheless i'm going to try to incorporate it into my rotation next month. Usually when I dislike a workout it is because it is hard and i'm just being a baby. :D :rolleyes: :eek:

Bridget: Very glad to hear you are still loving' STS! It's such a diverse program and I agree, definitely worth the money!

Wendy: Okay i'm slightly disappointed that you didn't do a BR workout yesterday with a fun name. :p Kidding! You're right though - we are having way to much fun with the BR workout names. I actually left my balls in my other workout shorts yesterday but i'll make sure to keep them with me next time I do CCC. :D :D

Kris: Actually, I think that premix is slightly harder only because you don't get the "breaK" from the ab work in between the cardio cycles (hopefully i'm thinking about the right premix). Lovin' the DOMS report! I'm hoping for a lil' lower body DOMS today myself. :p :)

Hi Kiki!!!!!!

Good Morning Everyone.

I did S90 Total Body this morning along with some jump rope. Would like to hit S90 Legs over the next couple of days too along with BR and perhaps an upper body only w/o and cardio too. Think I can fit it all in by Sunday? :eek:

Katie:: I feel your pain with B&G girl. OMG that work out HURTS!:eek: Oh you better have a hold of your balls for CCC cause you are gonna need them!!!!! ROTFLMAO!:p

Bridget:: I am an odd one who loves DOMS ANYWHERE!!! :D LOL I just don't like when it's severe cause then it makes me feel sick. :( Glad you are loving STS! It's an awesome program. That's for sure! Staying steady with your weight is fine, IA. Weight loss that is rushed is unhealthy and not likely to be long term.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.