STS Body Rockers week of September 11th

Staying steady with your weight is fine, IA. Weight loss that is rushed is unhealthy and not likely to be long term.

I'm so glad you said this; I 100% agree! A friend and I recently got into a conversation about weight loss and she asked about my routine/progress (eating, workouts, etc.). I generally explained I work out 6 days a week, 1 hour/day and I eat around 1500-1600 calories per day (more on the weekends because I tend lack self control and I LOVE food :eek: ). I ended by saying I lose about a pound a month. She got a shocked look on her face and commented that it wasn't worth all that hardwork to just lose a pound a month. Of course then I went on the defensive and explained it wasn't just about losing weight but building muscle, gaining flexibility, decreasing stress, and creating a healthy life style. I know she didn't mean anything bad, but since that conversation i've been feeling self-conscious that since i'm losing weight so slowly I must be doing something wrong. Am I sabotaging my workouts by my eating habits? Should I do more? BUT, at the same time i've been keeping the weight off, rarely get sick, and generally feel great. So anyway, this is a long post just to say THANK YOU for helping me feel better about my weight loss/healthy lifestyle plan. :) I know there is room for improvement, but one day at a time right?

Katie:: IA. Exercise and watching what you eat isn't all about weight loss all the time anyway! Well it shouldn't be atleast! I've spent the majority of my time maintaining since I started working out and watching what I eat consistently. Time spent losing weight is minimal in comparison. This is the problem--Too many people view exercise/healthy eating as a way to lose weight and that's it. It's not a life style to them. Once the weight is gone they revert back to their old ways. This make it just a temporary fix for a re-occurring problem. :confused:

Hi there ladies:)

I did Circuit Blast for the first time this a.m. I had seen the kind of mixed reviews on it - I thought it was pretty good myself. The reviews said it was less advanced then most Cathe, but it was a good workout IMO - I went heavier with my weights than I would have before STS for sure, I used the same as Cathe for some and only slightly less for others :) It did include some of those jumping up on the step with 4 risers that floored me with Plyo Legs, so I modified those :confused::eek:

(I had previewed the workout last evening and so I knew those jumps were coming, so I went in front of a full length mirror and jumped as high as I could - man, sad, not very high... :eek: )

Wendy - thanks for saying that too about the slow weight loss and lifelong way of looking at exercise, I completely agree. Curious - what is S90? I've seen that several of you have done those workouts, but I'm not familiar with that one. I have no doubt you'll fit all that in by Sunday :eek:

Bridget - I agree, an unchanged weight is a win. And great way to look at it :) Great workouts for you - hope your STS today went good - I love STS - very much worth it. This check in is very motivating for me too - love reading everyone's workouts and points of view - love the feeling of accountability.

Katie - Great job on Butts and Guts workout - I've got that one on my plan too in the next couple days:eek: Yep, you're thinking of the right Premix, it was plenty hard that's for sure:)

Hi Kiki!

Have a great day everyone,

Kris

STS #30 this morning- the little voice in my head was telling me to go back to bed, it was pretty loud too. I had been running around yesterday after work, then went to a parent-teacher guild meeting at my daughter's school that seemed to go on for a long time- did my chores at home and went to bed later than I would have liked. I felt so much better after working out though, it is so worth it.

Katie & Wendy- I have to agree with you both- there are so many people who think that the purpose of eating healthy and exercising is to get thin, then you can stop. There are so many other benefits to a healthy lifestyle, better ability to fight off illness, growing old stronger & independent instead of weak & dependent. (I'm starting to sound like Anna Benson, rest her soul) I see relatively young people at church who instead of standing up straight support themselves slumped on the pew in front of them, or in the stores slumped over their shopping carts- like standing up straight is too much of an effort. I could rant on about this...

Kris- you mean you didn't have the step on 4 risers for jumping height??

Hi Kiki!

Good night all, I'm to bed early- going to sleep like a baby tonight!

Bridget

Hi Bridget -

Great job with Disc 30 - can you believe you're at that one already?? Wow - time flew for me in STS!

And, no, definitely no - I didn't use 4 riser height for the jumps - if I ever can, I will so go on a fabulous tropical island trip as a reward - I cannot imagine I could ever jump that high... (I could be wrong - I'll keep trying - but at 42, it's doubtful... :eek:)

good night everyone,

Kris

No workout for me today! It's my scheduled rest day and i'm enjoying it so far (well, it IS only 8:15 a.m.). :p

Wendy and Bridget: I have to admit I was one of those people who thought I could go on a strict, crash diet and exercise lightly, lose weight, and then go right back to eating like crazy/not exercising. Thank goodness Cathe saved me from myself! :eek: :) If I could pick one benefit of exercising and eating right that I enjoy the most (not including weight loss) it would be my ability to fight of illness. Except for allergy related issues, i'm rarely sick and, even if I wake up not feeling quite right (like i'm starting to get sick) my body is able to fight it off quickly. I tend to rant about this subject to Bridget (hence my lasted posts). I'm glad to have partners in crime! :D

Kris: Thanks for your review of circuit blast! That's one of the few Cathe workouts I don't have; i'm definitely going to add it to my "wish list" now. Way to go using those heavy weights too! Woot woot! :) Ole' B&G is a killer! Ya know those DOMS I was hoping for? I've got 'em! :rolleyes: Be prepared! :p

Hi there everyone - TGIF:)

I did 4DS HIS Cardio PM this a.m. Had planned on Athletic step but ran out of time. Good workout, though all that turning around throws me. Getting better though:)

Hi Katie - hope you enjoyed your rest day! I think I'm going to do B&G tomorrow. (I'd planned on Lower Body Blast but think I changed my mind :) Congratulations on the DOMS - love that! My forearms are sore after my weight workouts since finishing STS - I know I'm using heavier weights than I would have pre-STS, so I think that's why. I know you'd said yours were like that too - did those exercises Cathe had posted on cathetv help?

Hi Wendy, Bridget and Kiki - hope you guys are all doing good:)

Have a great night everyone,

Kris

I have to admit I was one of those people who thought I could go on a strict, crash diet and exercise lightly, lose weight, and then go right back to eating like crazy/not exercising. Thank goodness Cathe saved me from myself! :eek: :) If I could pick one benefit of exercising and eating right that I enjoy the most (not including weight loss) it would be my ability to fight of illness. Except for allergy related issues, i'm rarely sick and, even if I wake up not feeling quite right (like i'm starting to get sick) my body is able to fight it off quickly. I tend to rant about this subject to Bridget (hence my lasted posts). I'm glad to have partners in crime! :D

Katie:: I think most people think that way at some point AND most people never realize/accept the truth about diet/exercise/weight control like we have! We are the lucky ones! I used to think crash diets were the answer too. Trust me! I didn't want to put the effort in for the long term either! That's no fun! :rolleyes: LOL

Kris:: Learning 4DS HIS was quite the struggle for me and just when I pretty much had it, I stopped doing it. :rolleyes:

Well, no work out for me y'day. I overslept. Got up 15 mins before I had to be in the shower. :eek: If I were ready ahead of time I actually could have gotten a BR done in that time but I wasn't anywhere near prepared so it wasn't happening. Oh well...:(

Not sure what I'll do today. I keep going back and forth. So many choices!!!

We are taking DS to see The Lion King in 3d today. I love that movie!:) After that the plan is to go out to dinner and then come back to the house and play some games.

Until then I need to work out and maybe do some house work if the mood moves me. :p Going to a 3:30 movie so I got time...

BBL!

Good morning! Coming to you on my iPhone from my daughter's swimming class at the Y, I did STS legs this morning-still a tough workout, still the dread factor, but stronger than last week, upped the weights slightly & finishes the plyos without cheating as much.

Only 2 weeks left of STS- how do I top this?

Back for personals later.

B

Hello Ladies.

Finished my w/o a few mins ago. I went mish mosh crazy! LOL

w/u: 50 jumping jacks-1 min
w/o: BR side burpee challenge-9:56 min
Tonique mat back lying minus abs-11:43 min
Elbow Plank hold-2:30 min
Extreme Kettlebell cardio w/o upper body segment-7:39 min
Bootcamp cardio only premix + stretch-8 min for cardio + stretch time

Off to shower and eat something.

BBIAB for personals!:cool:

Good morning everyone:)

I did B&G this a.m. - I'm pretty sure I'm going to have serious lower body DOMS :eek:

I noticed that the new series is in the Workout Manager! That's a good sign right? Can't wait!

Hi Bridget - great job on Plyo Legs! Hope the swim meet goes good:)

Hi Wendy - wow, that is a mish mosh - that's great the way you pull those all together!

Hi Katie and Kiki:)

Hope you all have a fabulous day! My parents are coming out for a visit today - always fun. Should try to clean out my closet a little anyway too:) Fun, fun.:rolleyes:

Kris

Hello!

It's a beautiful day here in good ole' Kentucky so this morning DH and I went on a 3.28 mile hike at the Salato Wildlife Center. It was so much fun to get out of the house! After one particularly large hill, DH asked if my calves were burning (because he said his were) and I responded: "honey, i'm Cathe built tough. It takes a wee bit more than one little hill for my calves to burn." Of course he rolled his eyes and took off. :D

After a short nap I decided to do PUB this afternoon (i've been neglecting upper body strength training for some reason). Boy it was tough but great! I matched Cathe's weight except for Tricep overhead extensions (I started 2 pounds lighter) and the last set of Biceps (Cathe uses 15 pounds and I used 13 pounds). Candidly I should have backed off slightly on the heaviest weight for chest too because my form started suffering. :eek: Oops. :p My arms are STILL shaking trying to type. :)

Well, i'm off for a quick shower and then i'm taking my sister to meet some of her friends for DS' 30th birthday celebration. I'm actually the DD tonight so this could be really interesting (especially considering my sister rarely drinks).

BBT for personals!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.