STS Body Rockers - Week of July 31st! :)

Hi there everyone!

Rest day for me today - soooo glad it's the weekend - it felt like a long week! Hope you all have fun plans - pretty quiet for me I think, but that's ok, it's been awhile:)

Kiki - Great job on PS! It's so hard to find anything that you can do when you have a sore ankle:( You know, I had the recent issue with that too - but didn't last too long - wish I had good ideas for you - the swimming suggestion from Katie is a great one. Thanks for the advice about recovery week - I've got the videos figured out, and will make sure I recover:rolleyes: I'm pretty anxious about Meso 3 :eek:

Wendy - hope you're all rested now;) Thanks for the encouragement - I really appreciate that insight. Great workout for you again it looks like!

Bridget - hope you love WW -it's a great program for sure - I need to get my butt back into gear with my eating and get with the program again. Great job on Disc 18! Hope spinning was good today!

Hi Katie!

Hope you all have a great evening - talk to you tomorrow!

Kris

Hey ladies, a quick post before I hit the hay. Today was PS again (back, bi's) & STS Extended Stretch. Tomorrow will be a full rest day. Giving me some time to figure out what to do on Sunday, lol. This is so odd for me, being that my w/o's are usually all planned out way in advance. I should have some new prisoners arriving soon, though, so we shall see ;)

Have a good weekend!

Hey Gang!

Yesterday was another good WW day for me. It is actually easier to do, especially since the fresh produce is so good this time of year. I like that most vegetables & fruits have 0 points, and it is okay to eat bread. I have my grocery list for the week made out, and I'm going shopping soon.

I did legs this morning, and went heavier at the last set like someone here recommended (Kris? Katie?) and tomorrow is a rest day, though I may finally fire up that STS abs dvd and do yoga-abs- that sounds so nice, please don't tell me otherwise.

How do you all calculate the activity points with STS? I figure 2points an upper body workout, 3 points for legs, and believe it or not, 8 points for spinning class. It is how the point calculator figured it, but I don't think I will be eating it- maybe an ice cream this weekend.

Wendy- enjoy your body rocking

Kiki & Kris- enjoy your rest day

Katie & Autumn- enjoy!

Bridget

Hi ladies!!!

I forgot to check-in yesterday. Oops! :) Yesterday I did a full body workout with Kendal Hogan (I taped it off fit-tv ages again). It wasn't bad except the background exercisers were using like 2 pound hand weights. I at least upped mine to 10-12 for all the moves (well, I did use 8s for a few shoulder exercises).

So i've decided to do Cathe's July 2010 rotation. It's cardio heavy which i'm wanting right now. I've been losing about a pound a month since I started working out regularly with Cathe 10/11 months ago, but I really want to knock these last few pounds out the window! I started the rotation today and, per the rotation, I did Imax 1 this morning. It was my first time doing the workout. I only used a 6 inch step (Cathe uses an 8 inch step) but I still got a great workout. Only 2 intervals really got me - the million plyo jacks and the scissor lunges - but it gives me something to work up to so i'm happy.

Bridget: Great job having a few kick butt WW days. Keep it up! :) I'm REALLY looking forward to the new low impact series too! It is going to be tough tough tough. Woohoo! Even though i'm a youngin' i've already got really bad knees. :mad:

Kiki: Enjoy your rest day! What new prisoners do you have arriving?!?! Yeah, Ellen Barrett is soooo much easier than Cathe so I only do her workouts on a rare occassion. Actually my favorite EB workouts are two I taped off fit-tv a few years ago - one is slowrobics and the other is a pilates/yoga strength. I'm not sure if she's gotten anything similar out on DVD. The few i've tried off fit-tv have just been okay...so really i'm no help at all! :rolleyes:

Kris: I'm definitely glad the weekend is here too! I'm actually heading to Cincinnati for a birthday celebration/baby shower. It should be a good time and hopefully i'll behave myself. ;) :eek: Even though I did workout yesterday because I know there is a chance I won't work out tomorrow. :eek:

Wendy: I know i'm so bad. I can't BELIEVE I forgot to use the weighted gloves AGAIN. I've been going to bed way to late too! Must be something in the water right now.

Hi Autumn!

I gotta go get ready for Cincy. Talk to you all Monday!

Katie

Hey.

Busy day and getting ready to watch a movie before passing out for the night so just a quickie check in with my work out. Hopefully I can get caught up on personals tmrw!

GS Legs standing only + 5 minutes of plank work-done!

Tmrw is GS Chest + Cardio.

Went to the horse races today. Fun stuff.

BBITAM!:cool:

Hi everyone!

I did Cardio Kicks this a.m. - got a good workout even without weighted gloves (I took Cathe's recovery week maybe too literally - No weights at all? :eek: ) Anyway, it was good :)

Wendy - glad you had fun at the races! Great job with GS workout!

Katie - Great job on Imax! I only just recently did that one for the first time too:) Tough stuff! Hope you have fun at the birthday/baby shower celebration!

Bridget - great job with another good WW day! I use a HR monitor for all my workouts, so I went by that - I read somewhere on the ww site that 1 pt was about 100 calories, so that's what I use - if I entered the activity type in the calculator it would usually give me more points for a workout than doing it this way does. (And when I'm being "good" - I usually don't use the Activity points anyway :) )

Kiki - hope you are enjoying your rest day! Can't wait to hear about your new incoming prisoners ;)

Hope you all have a great Saturday night!

Kris

Woke up this morning to a happy scale despite going over my DP's y'day! Back at goal! YAY! :D

Kris:: Cardio Kicks is tough even w/o the gloves!!! First time I tried to do it with the gloves I nearly died and had to take them off! :eek::eek: Next time I dropped the weights in the gloves to .5# instead of 1#. Made it doable but very tough just the same so I'll let you get away w/o the gloves on this one!;):p:D

Katie:: Good job showing up those weak background exercises in that fit tv work out you did. ;) Never heard of that instructor before. Hoping to get more sleep this week!!!! What about you?

Bridget:: For STS work outs I used the category "weight lifting - free weights - vigorous" and put in the approx time minus warm up and stretch. Didn't matter if it was upper or lower body. All weight lifting is notoriously low in AP's but if an error is to be made, better it be that we go too low then too high IMO.

Kiki:: Ok spill! What new vids did you order???

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.