STS Body Rockers - Week of July 31st! :)

itsup2me

Cathlete
Hi there ladies! Just getting us started this week:)

Hope you're all having a nice weekend:) I got a good workout this a.m. with Cardio Fusion - holy cow, I was drenched - truly - like wring out my shirt drenched:eek:

Wendy - your Saturday sounds fun - I'm sure the scale will cooperate more tomorrow:)

Hi Katie, Bridget and Kiki:)

Kris

Hi everyone!

It's a sleepy Monday morning for me! I had a fun weekend following the RT classes. Saturday I did the 10:15 am bootcamp class live with Cathe (approx. 35 minutes) and then I added on about 15 minutes of the 8:45 am Athletic Training class. Wow! If the new Athletic Training low impact workout follows that class it is going to be a goodie! Yesterday (Sunday) I did the Friday class which consisted of about 25 minutes of step and 25 minutes of cardio core circuit (plus the cool down). I loved it!! The quality of the live feed wasn't great but just getting to workout live (well, kinda) with Cathe was awesome!!!

Because i'm still on my final active recovery week, I did an hour of Power Yoga this morning with Rodney Yee. I've decided I don't like yoga first thing in the morning. I'm just sooo stiff and tight that I can't enjoy it as much. Plus even though I like yoga, an hour is a wee bit to much for me. I think I like yoga best when I add on 20-30 minutes after a cardio routine. Then i'm nice and limber and I can really enjoy the movement. :) Wow, i'm whiney this morning aren't I? :p

Kris: Thanks for getting us started this week! Yay for being drenched from cardio fusion! ;) :p I hesitated on buying that one for a long time but bit the bullet a month or so ago and i'm glad I did! I always enjoy Cardio Fusion.

Wendy: Sounds like you had a great weekend!! I'm with ya on the bloat float. My eating was off the hook in Meso 3 and my scale is going nuts (up and down several pounds in 24 hours). I'm going to read up on weight watchers today. Maybe giving WW a shot will be another way to shock my body into dropping these last 5-8 pounds!

Katie:: Oh how fun to get to work out with the RoadTrippers and Cathe even though you weren't actually there! :D If you have any questions regarding WW please ask. It's a lot to take in and I found it much easier to grasp/understand after asking a friend of mine who had joined about what I didn't understand or needed more info on. So ask away!:) 5-8 pounds will be a cinch for you to lose! I started with a 6# goal and when I realized how easy it was I upped it! I'm now at a 9# loss out of the 10# goal I set for myself! :D

Hi everyone!

I did Disc 23 (legs) this a.m. - can't believe my next Legs workout will be a Plyo one - I'm a little scared :eek: I suspect I'm going to have DOMs going on tomorrow the way my low body feels today.

Wendy - love the name of that BR workout - Death to Fat! lol Great job getting that done!

Katie - I hear you with yoga - has to be at the right time for me too. I do WW too and it's a great program - not too rigid but it definitely works when I track like I'm supposed to! Great job with all the RT workouts!

Autumn - glad you're checking in - sorry you and your family have been ill:( Great job getting the workouts in despite not feeling well. Hope you're better soon!

Hi Bridget and Kiki!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kris

Good evening all,
Back to work today- spinning class this morning- she did try to hurt me! My HR monitor got up to 181 today! Ouch! I do enjoy spinning though.

I noticed that there were no pushups in the first week of Meso 2. My legs hurt in a way that they haven't before- Thank goodness for Aleve!

Wendy & Katie- I may attend a WW meeting this week. I have been trying to do it online, but it has been difficult to get started, and the point thing is different. Maybe the meetings will help motivate me as well- I don't have a lot to lose- maybe 20 pounds- what I really want is for my thighs not to rub each other when I walk, and to bend forward without feeling that roll in my abdomen getting in the way. If I could loose some of my bust, all the better as well!

Autumn- ugh, feel better- viruses are tough. Take it easy and you will heal up soon.

Hi Kiki & Kris

Bridget

Hey ladies!

Well, after Friday's upper body workout, I rested til yesterday. So I started off the week w/Muscle Endurance (upper body split premix) and stretch max. Today I'm probably gonna do more stretching and attempt to do some leg conditioning drills/floor work from some DVD (maybe B&G?) and abs. I don't know how long those segments are on different DVDs' (LBB, KickMax,and STS M1 bonuses are the ones I can think of), but I'm thinking that those may at least give me some rehabilitative type work, and still work the legs at least a little bit :confused:, I just need to figure out something to do on non upper body days. Funny that just as I decided that was what I'd probably be doing for legs for a while, I just saw that there's a thread titled "leg conditioning drills" I hope I can find some ideas in there.

Autumn: Good to hear from you! I hope that nasty virus gets kicked to the curb soon :( At least you've been able to sneak a few w/o's in. Nice job creeping up on that pre-preggo weight. The other 15# will be gone soon, too, I just feel it ;)

Bridget: Yeah those pushups will make a sneaky comeback, as soon as you forget about em :rolleyes: . I won't tell you when :p! Maybe you should go to that WW meeting, it could be a nice change of pace. I mean, we are all about "shocking" ourselves, and shaking things up a bit, right? ;)

Katie: I was all over those live RT feeds, too, and kept saying to myself (as I had my feet propped up w/ice packs :rolleyes: ), "I wonder if anyone is watching these and using them as their w/o? I sure would be if I was able"...and lo and behold, there you were, working out "live" w/Cathe over there ;) while I just watched....I do recall my son coming in at some point, peaking over my shoulder, and walking away mumbling something about a "stalker" :confused:

Kris: Good luck w/Plyo Legs! It's a goodie. :eek: I don't have Cardio Fusion. I never bought any of the compilations, and I guess it's good now that they have the workout blender, I can create my own compilations ;)

Wendy: I was thinking of you yesterday, as I was doing the ab portion of ME, and it dawned on me, I really should thank you! My core has gotten so much stronger, and my abs so much flatter :eek: from your...um..encouragements :p, this year. Even DH has made some comments, so I definitely owe ya something for that ;) Thanks so much girl for the kick in the bootay! :cool:

Hello, Hello!

Today I did Step Moves and AC: No Equipment. Fun!

Kiki: Yay for flat abs! That's very exciting. I just told DH last night that i'd give just about anything for a flat stomach (liposcution anyone? :p ). I have such a jelly belly. I love the floor section of B&G. It's about 20 minutes, maybe 25. Ellen Barrett has a lot of DVDs that include floor work. You can get some of her workouts on Netflix too (if you are interested). She is much easier than Cathe, but you can always up the intensity by using ankle weights. "Stalker" - hahaha! DH was out of town this weekend and I was struggling to hook up the computer to my tv so I called DH in a panic - "CATHE IS GOING LIVE IN 3 MINUTES AND I CAN'T MISS THIS BECAUSE I HAVE TO WORKOUT WITH CATHE AND WHY WON'T THIS STUPID THING WORK..." You get the idea. :eek: :rolleyes:

Wendy, Autumn, Kris, and Bridget: I'm glad to hear all of you ladies use and like WW. It gives me confidence in the program. My biggest concern is that i'll be hungry all the time. I did WW back in the day and, because I don't have a lot of weight to lose, it put me on the lowest number of points and I was sooooo freakin' hungry.

Kris: Are you done with Meso 2 already? Holy crap that was fast! Congrats! :) What do you have planned for your active recovery week? I wasn't to sure about plyo legs but end up really enjoying those workouts. They are definitely different but a nice change for Mesos 1 and 2. Plus they have a nice cardio factor. legs + cardio = smokin hot bod! ;)

Bridget: I was thrilled to be rid of the pushups in Meso 2, but Kiki is right - they make a come back towards the end of the mesocycle. Those Meso 2 leg workouts are killers!

Autumn: I'm thinking really mean thoughts at the virus that has been plaguing your family the past couple of weeks. Maybe my red hair will scare it away? :D :p GREAT job getting (almost) back to your pre-pregnancy weight! How exciting! :)

Wendy: Your success with WW is really making me consider the program. Plus WW is waiving the sign up fee so I could get 3 months for $50. I should know in 3 months whether WW is going to work for me right? Also, is it possible to calculate points on home-cooked food? I cook 80% of my meals so I need some way of putting in the ingredients and calculating points.

Good Afternoon! :)

This morning's work out was a beast! :eek:

July 29th BR called 300 Reps of Brutality + Tonique Premier Squat Segment + Tonique Mat Back lying segments w/o the abs (sorry but I felt them during BR like crazy in one of the BR exercises and I am still sore from BBC abs to boot!!!! :eek:) :p

Katie:: If you are doing the online membership then yes, there is a recipe builder that you can utilize. I also highly recommend www.skinnytaste.com ! Great recipe blog and she has the points already figured out for you! Can't go wrong!:D As for hunger, I am a beast when I am left to go hungry and can honestly say that I am usually fine. No hungrier then I've ever been when trying not to eat everything in sight!;)
HINT: UTILIZE THE FREE FOODS TO HELP CURB HUNGER if the points are not enough for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiki:: Glad I could help! See? I wasn't just trying to torture you! LOL I was telling you the truth! It really helps!!!!:D

Bridget:: Nope, not many push ups at all in M2. Yay, right? ;) Good luck with WW if you decide to try it! :)

Kris:: The plyo leg work outs are goodies. They might make you cry but it will be tears of joy! ;)

Ok so I ended up doing the B&G Floorwork & abs premix. It was 59.5 minutes! :eek: Each leg section was repeated twice. So although the heart rate factor wasn't really there, it was still a good Achilles friendly leg w/o for me :D. So that just leaves me trying to figure out if I'll have to give up the heart rate raising w/o's for now? :confused:

I did disc 16 this morning- chest, shoulders & triceps. I cannot say I understand the long rests between sets, I end up doing a lot of stretching and drinking lots of water in doing so- which is good too.

I haven't done any of the STS abs disc yet- is this bad? It isn't because I don't need ab work, but finding the time- and because I don't like ab work it's easy to find reasons to put it off.

Will be moving the leg workout from Thursday to Saturday, before my rest day. The doms from last week were unbelievable- the workout wasn't bad to do, but the afterburn was quite intense...

Wendy- I checked out the skinny recipe site too- Honestly, I need some more self control. I really thought with the spinning and cutting out dunkin donuts runs mid morning & pastry & coffee for breakfast that the pounds would fall off of me- not true! It almost makes me want to pick up an almond danish for breakfast tomorrow- sigh. My first meeting is tomorrow evening after work.

Katie- I am switching from WW online to the monthly pass- that includes the online tools with the meetings. There are online calculators on the WW site that can help you calculate home cooked foods (recipe builder I think it is called). I have done it successfully before, only this past year has been unusually stressful, and that is when I gained everything back and then some- this year is going to be different...

Kiki- you may not get your HR up, but you will have amazing looking legs by the time you are through healing your achilles! I have the butts & guts dvd, and that has a definite dread factor to it.

Kris- I definitely fear leg workouts, not sure how I will feel about the plyos once I am there. What is done with the tower in lieu of plyos?

Going to bed early, spinning class at 5am- crazy how much I love it!

Bridget

Hey there ladies!

I did Low Max Premix intervals 1-4 this a.m. :) I do like the low impact stuff, I'm excited about the new series:) Quick check in tonight :)

Bridget - have fun at your spinning class:) With the tower, I think (correct me if I'm wrong you veterans), you could do the Squat rack option for Meso 3.

Kiki - that B&G premix sounds good! Great job!

Wendy - ooooh, that BR workout sounds scary! :) Thanks for that website, I didn't know about that one!

Katie - Woo hoo on Step Moves (thats the one I'm especially scared of :eek:) and the abs! Great job! I can't believe it's almost the end of Meso 2 for me, crazy! I need to decide on my recovery week plan ! Just not sure, think I'll take the advice of taking it a little easier this one.

Have a great night everyone!

Kris

Good morning! Today I did KPC. One of my all-time favs of course. :)

Kris: I'm doing Low Max tomorrow! Great minds think alike huh? :p Don't be scared of Step Moves! It's a lot of fun!! and there is not a lot of high impact which is a very nice change. You may have to practice it a few times to pick up the moves (I actually went through the routine without the step first) but once you do the workout flys by!

Bridget: I'm liking your attitude lil lady! ;) and you're right, this year is going to be different because you're going to kick some butt! Great job with Disc 16. I loved the rests in Meso 2. But I was constantly changing my weight gloves/wrist weights/dumbbells, etc. so by the time I stretched, changed weights/gloves, and sipped water the minute was up! I can definitely see how if you're not having to constantly change gloves how the minute can creep slowly by. :)

Kiki: That premix is 59 minutes? Wow, I was completely off. :eek: Oops. :p I may have to give that premix a try sometime, just to change it up after the STS leg workouts. What about swimming to get your heart rate up? Is there a pool nearby? That's the only achilles friendly cardio that I can think of....i'm kinda useless I know. ;) :p

Wendy: OMG I LOVE skinnytaste!! Even though i'm not currently using WW I am always going to skinnytaste for new recipe ideas. I love how she makes healthy food using easy to find, normal ingredients. I actually just made her sweet pork barbacoa on Monday for dinner. Delicious! I forgot WW has free foods! I guess before I never utilized that option. :eek: I'm very glad it includes a recipe builder. That's a must for me!

Autumn: Hope you're having a great week so far!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Today is my rest day so no work out for me. Hopped on the scale this morning and am very happy to report that MY GOAL WEIGHT was staring back at me!!!! :) Not getting TOO happy just yet though. Won't consider it official unless it's the same on Friday! ;)

Tomorrow I start week # 2 of BR plus one BP per day and I will use the GS series this time...just for fun! ;)

Katie:: Oh gosh how can you FORGET about FREE FOOD!? Are you nuts!?!? :eek::D;):p Did you wear weighted gloves for KPC?

Kris:: Low Max was my first Cathe pre-order! I'm excited about the new series too!!!:)

Bridget:: Trust me, I feel your frustration. For some it IS as easy as cutting out just ONE component of a bad diet and pounds will come off but unfortunately that is the exception, not the rule. :( Don't give up. Give WW a shot. You might be pleasantly surprised! :) I am getting good at self control. I have to practice it at work CONSTANTLY cause there is almost always some goodies lurking around here to get into. For example, today there are soft pretzels and bagels with the appropriate spreads. I have to wear blinders when I go into the kitchen to get some coffee!!! :eek:

Kiki:: I've done that B&G premix before. OMG! I had no idea what I was getting into! It's one crazy work out!:eek:

Autumn:: I must apologize...I think I neglected to respond to you last time you were here. Yes, I am LOVING the BR rotation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Hi ladies!

This morning I bit the bullet and did Low Max for the first time in probably 6 months! It wasn't as bad as I remembered and i'm glad I gave it another shot. :) My legs are already feeling a little sore, that's a good sign right?

Wendy: CONGRATS on reaching your goal weight!! That's fantastic news!!! All those BR workouts are sure paying off. ;) :hangs head in shame: No, I, um, well, um, I kinda forgot...again...to use the weighted gloves. :eek: Next time I will for sure! :D ;)

Hi to everyone else!!

Hi! Happy Thursday everyone:)

Went to check in last p.m. and we were having an electrical storm and lights started flickering midway through posting so I shut everything down and went to bed :)

Yesterday I finished the last STS disc in Meso 2! :) I did KPC Cardio Conditioning Premix this a.m. (planned to do the whole thing but ran short on time :eek: ) I did remember to wear the weighted gloves Wendy (and Katie) :) :eek: So moving on to my recovery week:) I maintained my weight through Meso 2 - but feel like I toned more, so that's ok I guess - my eating has not been very good.

Wendy - Woo hoo on reaching your goal - that's awesome - congrats. I need to get back on track with WW for sure, I've been struggling with food for sure. Love the name of todays BR workout you got in - lol!

Katie - Yay for doing Lowmax! Feeling it in your legs is a good thing! :) I followed your lead on the KPC (premix only for me though:eek:) I do so love kickboxing - thanks for the info on Step Moves :) Maybe I'll have to get that one sometime soon:)

Hi Bridget and Kiki!

Hey girls!

So yesterday was PS: CST, it felt good to get my hands on some weights again, lol. Then I went over to the local library to see if they had any low (no) impact, non Achilles threatening w/o's and grabbed a few that seemed ok. I popped one in last night because I was in a bit of pain, and thought I could use some stretching. It was called "Simply Spoga"....I hated it :confused: LOL. I had no idea what it was in the beginning, and it didn't have too great of a description, so I didn't really have too high expectations anyway, so whatever. And then today it was back to trying to figure out how to actually feel like I did something, lol. I decided to try another one of the library vids, this one was called "Element: Ballet Conditioning" (I actually looked online for reviews before popping this one in, lol. It was 5 *s on Collage, so I figured what the hay?) It was definitely better than the one last night (which wasn't really supposed to be a workout, anyway), and did not have the crazy dread factor of that B&G premix (Bridget is SO right about that! :rolleyes:), lol (no way was I doing that twice in a week). I've never been a "ballet" or even "barre" workout kinda girl :eek:, but, hey, I'm graspin at straws here, and will take what I can get :p. So that one will probably stay in the rotation for as long as I need it (and as long as no one else requests it, lol), and/or until I get those new Low Impact DVD's in my hands. ;) I will still have to modify a few of the moves, but it's doable. :cool:

Katie: I've "looked" at Ellen Barret's vids before, and always turned my nose up at them :eek: , but I think I could be feelin her right about now...gonna be taking another look....Any that you would recommend?

Wendy
: You would be very proud at the amount of ab work I've done around here lately, lol. I mean, what else can I do when trying not to workout on my feet, lol. Are you seriously peeking at my calendar, lol? I have GS on tap for next week! I swear I'm not stalking/copying you! LOL (although....maybe I should :cool: )

Kris: Yay for being done w/M2! Still haven't got those recovery week plans, yet? Just be sure to actually recover! M3 comes w/a bang!

First WW class was last night- I switched from online to monthly pass- I keep the iTools online and go to monthly classes- I'm glad I went, this is making more sense to me than the old WW I did a year ago. I counted my points, and had a good day today, without any cheating- yay!

Did disc 18 today- the one legged deadlifts leave a dull ache in my lower back- not a sharp scary pain. That is one area that I see the necessity of strengthening. Spinning tomorrow morning, the alarm is set.

Wendy- The office I work at- a patient likes to bring in scones & amazing pastries for the staff once a week, and there is a pastry with almond filling, rolled in slivered almonds- cannot say I'm not tempted.

Kris- congrats on being done with Meso 2! What do you do for your rest week? My last rest week, I went on vacation, don't think I have that luxury again for a long time...

Katie- I like lowmax, but I am really looking forward to Cathe's new low impact series- it would be nice to have more than just lowmax as a low impact option, yet still intense enough for Cathe

Kiki- I admire the effort you are making to find a way to workout without further aggravating your achilles- I look forward to reading about your creative exercise solutions...

Hello Autumn!

Talk to you soon

Bridget

Last edited:
BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv + GS Shoulders...DONE this morning! :)

Still tired. Still went to bed too late last night. UGH. :rolleyes:

Bridget:: Congrats on a successful WW day! It just gets easier as you gets used to how many points your normal foods are worth. Oh I never said I wasn't TEMPTED!!! ;)

Kiki:: Good for you re the ab work! That's awesome and I am happy to hear that you are seeing the fruits of your labor! I think you actually mentioned to me that you were going to be doing GS before I even considered doing it so no worries, *I* am the exercise-stalker, not you! ;):p:D

Kris:: Prior to joining WW, when I was doing STS, I was seeing improvements despite the scale not moving. It's definitley can happen so keep up the good work! In fact, during my P90X rotation in 2007 I only lost maybe 1-2 # but my body fat dropped like a rock! I looked like I had lost 10#!!!!

Katie Katie Katie, What am I going to do with you, young lady!?!? :p Thanks re reaching my goal weight...but it didn't stick. I knew that would happen after wed night's dinner. Oh well. :rolleyes: I am still 1/2# down and now only 1/2# from goal so I'm still happy! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.