STS Body Rockers (formerly STS New Years Challengers) Week of July 3rd!!

itsup2me

Cathlete
Good morning! This morning I did a Kickmax Low Impact premix:) Plan to do Stretchmax here shortly.

Hi Tracy - Yesterday was the first time I tried Hardcore Extreme - after having it for several years! :eek: I liked the mix of high impact, low impact and kickboxing:)

Hi Bridget - I think Katie did several of the Terminator workouts to wrap up her last Meso (I have that DVD too, but have never tried it... I'm so goofy). And, yeah, early morning is the time to do anything here in the summer for sure:)

Good luck on your gambling weekend Wendy! :) (I love to go - we haven't gone for a while - we got married in 1999 in Laughlin Nevada, on a boat, so we sometimes go there for our anniversary)

3rd day of RT for Autumn and Kiki - boy, that looks like fun!! I was looking at the pictures.

Hopefully Katie is having fun on her trip too:) I'll be looking forward to hearing how it was.

Everybody is so busy travelling, I'm jealous, no plans to go anywhere anytime soon. My husband is supposed to be going back to work next week - he is an electrician, and has been working for a company that puts up those huge windmills since our housing market tanked (and remains tanked here in AZ). When he goes, he's probably going to be gone for a while, so I'll probably go visit him wherever he is:) (Last summer he was in Telluride Colorado - not for windmills, but underground power - what a gorgeous place! I loved it there)

Hope you all have a great rest of your weekend:) Stay safe, have fun!

Kris

Kris: hi and good going on slamming down a workout today! Sundays are always my rest days....from formal exercise that is! So now true confessions come out...that you had HC Extreme and are just doing it:eek: funny. I know, I know, everyone is away having fun and here I sit. Wah and boo hoo and poor me! I wish they would post more pics from the RT...but so far, that I could find, they only posted pics from Friday's workouts. I will bet they are having a great time. I really hope to go to an RT next year!
Tomorrow I start on Meso 3 and I am really excited to get back. My DH and I are supposed to get up at 5 am to start riding by 5:30..but we will see how that goes...He wants to get in a 35 mi. ride before it gets too hot and it is supposed to be steamin' here tomorrow...but you know what that's like living in AZ! Then after the ride I will do disk 25, some upper body something. Then it is staying home and chilling all day...

Good Morning - Happy 4th of July:) I did LowMax this a.m, followed by AC Pilates:)

Hi there Tracy! On that post that says First road trip pictures from Friday, I see they added some links to some more pictures:) How was your first workout for Meso 3? Wow!!! I'm nervous about Meso 2! :confused: Hope you had a nice bike ride with DH:) We don't have any big plans either for today, DH has to go help his brother with some vehicle issue, so not sure when he'll be back around. It poured here last night (hadn't rained in probably 2 months or so, so we definitely needed it) - so now it's humid as well as hot (though not as hot today as Saturday) here.

Hope you have a great day!

Kris

Happy 4th of Joo-ly!

Today DH and I did get up a little after 5 am and started our ride about 6. We ended up only doing about 31 mi., but it was still a good and challenging ride with hills...interval training! love it and hate it:D:(! Oh, then I did do disk 25...it was sloooowww and heavy...

Kris:: all right with Low Max!!! haven't done that one in a while!!! Don't be too afraid of Meso 2....IMHO Meso 1 was tougher (and therefore I liked it more)... Of course, it was still a challenge. I am concerned about doing plyo-legs in M3. I also got the squat rack set...but I think I am going to do both of the leg workouts each week because I really miss working my legs more.

Well, just chilling and resting here after my workouts...but really need to go make a protein shake and take a shower...(can anyone say P-U?)

Hi ladies! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

I'm finally back from Florida. We got back late last night and i've spent most of today catching up around the house (mail, laundry, unpacking, plants, etc.). Vacation was fun for the most part. On Monday evening a water spout took out a power line to the island so we were out of power from 8:00 pm Monday evening until 2:00 am Wednesday morning. Tuesday was slightly miserable. It got sooo hot (upper 90s) and without AC it was miserable in the house. Plus we all had just gone to the grocery store on Monday so in order to protect our food we had to go out early Tuesday morning and try to find extra coolers and ice. Besides that little glitch everything else went great. I did confirm that big group vacations aren't my "thing" but overall I had a good time.

Thanks everyone for the dip recipe! I planned on making it last week but the veggie selection at the FL grocery store was beyond gross. So I just chalked last week up to bad eating. I mean really bad - breakfast for the week consisted of: pancakes + bacon, eggs + bacon, biscuits + gravy, doughnuts + ice cream (we "had" to eat it when we lost electricity or we would lose it), poptarts, etc. The bad eating/lack of exercise stressed me out a bit, but in reality it is only one week of the entire year (that's what I keep telling myself....haha). :eek: :rolleyes:

Speaking of exercise, I got in 3 days of planned exercise last week. Monday I did yoga + abs, Tuesday I went on a 5.5-6 mile walk/jog, and Friday I went on a 4-5 mile hike. The rest of the days I played in the ocean/pool for an hour or two so i'm counting that as my "exercise". :D :p

I decided to kick off Meso 3 today with a bang - I did Disc 25 + 4DS: Kickbox Cardio Only + abs. Overall my work out lasted just under 2 hours. It felt great to get back in the groove. Plus i've got to work off the extra pounds I put on last week! :confused: :)

I promise i'll be back tomorrow to catch up on personals!!! :D I know i'm really behind on that. :eek:

Katie: sounds like you had a nice time on your vaca! Now, was that biscuits with sausage gravy??? that is the bomb...it has been a very long time since I have had that!!! My mom was raised on southern cooking, so I got a healthy dose growing up! About once every 2-3 months I will make fried chicken with rice and drippins' gravy! Yum and calories!:eek: Looks like we are on the same schedule with STS, at least for now. Welcome back. Vaca. catch-up is always fun..isn't it?:(;) (ie: laundry, shopping)

Hello Ladies.:)

Had a fantabulous weekend of gambling, eating, drinking, shopping and just having fun hanging out!:D

No work out on Saturday and on Sunday I did my own version of Body Rock's 20 min interval work out. Worked up a great sweat!:D

Got home early y'day afternoon. Had just enough time to do Athletic Step and abs from High Reps before showering, having a bite to eat and heading out to see Transformers 3 in 3D w/DH and DS. Great movie as usual! Then we picked up subs for dinner on the way home.

The party (weekend) is over now though and according to the scale this morning, I have 3 extra pounds of bloat on the bod to show for it :eek: but it was fun! :D Back to business this morning though! Let the "healing" process begin! ;)

I need to finish up STS already!!!! I have 4 more work outs to go and I just can't seem to get em done! I want to finish up by Sunday!!!! I think I will finish up the last 2 lower body work outs with Plyo legs instead of SRL. I love SRL but once again am not rested enough to feel comfortable doing it and don't want to put it off any longer so Plyo legs it is! I'm NOT looking forward to it though! :p

Guess that's all for now.

BBL with personals....:cool:

Hi Body Rockers!

Today I did Step Blast + abs from MMA Boxing. I worked up an awesome sweat and felt great!

Wendy: I'm glad to hear you had such a great time this weekend!! After all your hard work you deserved a nice weekend away. :) Now it's time to get your hiney in gear and knock out out Meso 3!! :D :p Plus now you can do plyo legs right along with me and Tracy (I think Tracy is doing plyo legs...Tracy, are you doing plyo legs?? :) ). I hear ya on the "extra poundage" - how annoying!

Bridget: Yep, Kris is right- I celebrated the end of both Mesos 1 and 2 with a "Terminator" fest. I really enjoyed the challenge and the change of pace from STS. Of course, you're not "supposed" to lift weights during your active recovery week, but just one day of "light" lifting isn't going to hurt..... right?? :confused: ;)

Tracy: Oh yeah it was definitely sausage gravy, which is one of my favorite foods (if it is made right of course). My mom was nice enough to use turkey sausage (which was delicious by the way) which helped with the fat/carbs a bit. :rolleyes: The thought of fried chicken with gravy dripping sounds amazingly delicious. YUM! :eek: My MIL is a southern lady and always cooks with a southern flair, i.e. fried, fried, fried. My in-laws think fried chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and a veggie = a healthy meal. I've given up trying to explain it's NOT healthy and should be the exception not the rule. :rolleyes: I'm glad to hear the bike riding is still going well for you. All those miles, all those hills. EEK!! :p

Kiki and Autumn: Hope you gals had a great time at the roadtrip!! I'm going to look through all the road trip pictures on my lunch break. Can't wait to hear about your experiences!

Kris: Great job with KickMax and Low Max so far this week. I have a confession...I really despise Low Max! :eek: I know it is one of Cathe's most loved workouts but I have never enjoyed it. Shhhh, don't tell anyone. ;) I'm thinking after STS i'm going to give it another chance. Don't be nervous about Meso 2. I loved it! I enjoyed the heavier weights and slower pace. Because of the tri-set format, I found I could really up the weights on leg days. Of course, everyone is different. :)

Katie

Good morning! This morning I got my butt out of bed just so it could be kicked with Plyo-legs!!! Sorry for the coarse talk....that is exactly how it felt!:rolleyes: No wonder you are dragging to do it Wendy! However, I have to say I feel great now...and it was one of the best legs workouts that I have done...very satisfying...felt my time was used well. Yes, I have Cathe's other legs workouts (except if there are any from the 20th century ;)..remember I cannot handle the hair and outfits) and they are definitely good, but they have floor work (most of them I think) and I just hate on the floor work...I prefer to stand upright. I really liked it..and felt very challenged.
One thing...the 180 degree squat jump-around things with a dumbbell... I had to make it 90 degrees...I got too darn dizzy!:eek: thought I was gonna fall over, there for a minute :confused:.

Nice to have you back Wendy and Katie...I look forward to (hopefully) Autumn and Kiki dishing on their trip!

So, I just finished looking through the Disney Roadtrip pictures, and I have a couple of thoughts to share.

First, I *think* I spotted Kiki and Autumn. I hope they get their butts back here and confirm! :D :p I think I found Autumn in a picture from Saturday sitting with a group of 4 ladies waiting on the fashion show to start (I think). I only realized it was her because she was wearing a name tag (of course, there could be multiple Autumns). I might have found Kiki too because there is a picture during a step workout of a gorgeous lady using no risers with a very confused look on her face. Hehehe! :eek: :p Much love Kiki! :) Both of them looked amazing of course! I can't wait to hear all about the roadtrip.

Second, I've been considering going on a roadtrip, but now i'm slightly intimidated. Did you all see all those amazingly fit bodies?!?! I'd look like a fat whale out of water at one of those things....maybe I should stop looking at pictures. Or maybe I should keep looking at pictures for inspiration.

Anyway, definitely check out the pictures if you have time. It looked like great fun!!

Katie: I very much doubt the "fat whale" :( comment. However, I know I feel like that sometimes too. However, if you will note in the pics, that while I did see a lot of killer bods...I saw a lot of just regular bods too. I think I would like to go on an RT too. It would be great motivation for me to get super-fit, but I think it would be ok to just be kinda fit too!

Last edited:
Hi there ladies - I did Intensity and a portion of Stretch Max this a.m.:) Boy, Intensity is so well named! I've done it now more than a few times, wow - somehow I forget in between how tough it is for me:eek: I am so excited, I actually lost 5 lb on meso 1! I still have about 10 - 12 lb to go to get to my original goal, but I feel like I might be able to feel good about a little higher weight now with the tone that I'm seeing:) Yay!

Katie - Welcome back!!! Great job on getting exercise while you were away, that's hard! And great job on Step Blast and your abs workout this a.m. - and yay on jumping into Meso 3 (along with Kickbox workout)! Bummer about the power out on your vacation :( but glad you had fun anyway:)

Wendy - glad you had fun on your trip! Awesome for you getting in BR workouts while you were away:)

Tracy - Glad Plyo legs went well! I'm scared to get there here in a month or so, but excited too:) (Great job on the bike ride yesterday too!)

Kiki and Autumn - can't wait to hear about the road trip! I agree with Katie - not sure about how I'd feel with all you superfit folks! I'd be the one ducking from the camera:eek:

Hi Melanie and Bridget!

itsup2me: woohoo on your weight loss with M1!!! I lost on M1 as well. But I haven't been doing so well these past weeks with eating. I have not even weighed myself:( too frightening. I agree with you about Intensity...for some reason I forget how grueling it is in between doing it and then I get back to it and it all comes flooding back to me....kind of like childbirth!:eek::rolleyes: You are so excited when it's done because you have the baby that you forget the misery it took to get there :p and then you go and get preggers again!;) Some people never learn!:D

Hey gang,

I didn't sign in yesterday- was working on call, my last day of work! I did STS disc 7 while pressing pause when phone calls came in. There are a lot of pushups in there- ouch!

Today, I did a spin class in the morning, and went in to the office to turn in my computer & the staff had a cake for me! It is weird, I have been working there for 11 years, it is surreal not to be there anymore. I take my nurse practitioner boards on 7/14, go to my 25year HS reunion on 7/15, and go away on vacation the week of 7/16 before starting my new job on 7/25. The vacation week is my rest week after Meso 1, needless to say there is a lot of activity going on there!

Autumn & Kiki- anxiously awaiting your reports.
I looked at the pictures too, and though there were many extremely fit looking women there, there were also some average-ish looking folks, and for the step pictures, there were many with no risers on their step- none with 8" step height. Perhaps it gives me hope that I could make a road trip someday

Kris- Congrats on your weight loss in Meso 1! I own Intensity, but haven't tried it yet- it does look like a fun workout-

Katie- welcome back from your vacation! Great job on getting workouts in- I would go easy on yourself for eating unhealthy foods on vacation, like you said it is only one week of the year. I am going on vacation in a few weeks, and my SIL makes a mean white gravy & biscuits using ham...
...Perhaps when I finish Meso 2...or 3 I will dust off the Terminator and make an honest attempt at it.

Wendy welcome back! I am not looking forward to plyo legs when the time comes. Should that be an incentive to get the tower??

Tracy Only 31 miles???
I haven't been weighing myself either, just focusing on my exercise for now, and watching what I eat, though sometimes watching myself eat ice cream and those dark pb cups you guys turned me on to! I am enjoying my increased fitness level since starting STS & spinning, (thanks to the body rockers who turned me on to STS!) and will concentrate on better eating when I return from vacation.

Melanie- post soon, I want to hear what you think of Mystic!

Bridget

Yay for Wednesday!

That sneaky Cathe kicked my butt this morning. :) I had Disc 26 - plyo legs on tap and it's only listed as a "6" in the workout manager so I thought, this isn't going to be to bad. WRONG! It was tough stuff, but I still loved it! :p I don't think it hit my legs quite as hard as the tri-sets in Meso 2, but overall I got a fantastic workout. Those 180 degree turns WITH a weight - yowza! ;) Cathe did make a couple of really funny comments during the workout. My favorite was "get a weight and a plate and soon you'll look great."

Tracy: Yeah so maybe my "fat whale" comment was slightly over the top. :eek: I was looking through vacation pictures yesterday and I was very unhappy with the way I looked in a few so I was being rather pessimistic. You're right - even being just kinda fit is a great accomplishment! I got dizzy on those 180 degree turns too!! Plyo legs was definitely challenging! A few times I was gasping for air - love it!

Kris: YAY on your Meso 1 weight loss AND the tone that's shinning through!! That's fantastic news! Keep it up little lady! :) Oh I totally agree with you on Intensity! When I haven't done it in awhile I start thinking big thoughts like "it's really not that bad" but each time I do it I melt at the end because it's so tough. :eek: ;)

Bridget: Wow you've got a LOT going on right now! Great job fitting in your workouts. That was very sweet of your co-workers to bring you a cake. Good luck on your nurse practitioner boards! You're going to do great. :) White gravy and biscuits using ham?!?! I'm definitely going to have to give that a try! :eek: Where are you going on vacation?

Have a great day all!
Katie

Good Morning Girls. :D

So my azz is on fire from Plyo y'day! :eek:

This morning I did KM w/u and blasts, Paddle and Strength work from Janis Saffell's Strike Zone work out, 200 mountain climbers, 50 rock climber (Cathe move in Plyo legs) and 50 hip lifts for lower abs. :D

Bridget:: Wow such an exciting time for you! Enjoy it! :D

Kris:: Big congrats on your weight loss!!!:D

Katie:: Welcome back! Hope you enjoy M3 as much as I do! Oh and fat whale my sore tushy! :p

Tracy:: I feel ya on the dizzy. The 180 degree jump turns don't bother me but the LowMax warm up makes my head swirl a bit! :eek:

Hey, ladies!

I'm finally home from the RT! Definitely had a blast (even if only participating in half of the workouts :( )! It was fun meeting all of the other Cathletes, and of course, Cathe herself (and her big sis!). So nice being able to putting faces to names, and being inspired by being around so many fit chicks! :eek: I will attest to the fact that, yes there were plenty of "normal" bodies there, but there were also PLENTY of jaw dropping, uber fit bods, as well. EXTREMELY motivating (and slightly intimidating :eek:, lol).

As for the "alleged" Autumn, since she did hint that she may not be coming back to the check-in (except to probably check OUT, lol), her identity shall remain nameless, as per our agreement ;) . She may choose to reveal herself when/if she comes around here again (which wouldn't be until after Fri, anyway, as she's still soaking up some fun in the sun @ Disney :mad: ), but that's up to her :p . But, I will say, that her and her fam were just as stinkin' beautiful in person, as they were in all the little black and white avatar pics we've seen ;)

Oh...and she found me first (standing in a corner, being a wallflower, lol :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
WELCOME BACK KiKi!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

So why in the world is Autumn thinking of not returning to the check-in!!!?? :eek::(:confused: She realizes that it doesn't matter if she EVER does STS again, doesn't she!?!? We want her around! She's a super duper kewl chic!:cool:

Well, I know she got a chance to pick Cathe's brain & rec'd some advice about taking her w/o's in a new direction (not involving STS). So that may be the reason, or lack of time w/summer being here (w/little ones NOT doin school, in tow)? Idk, but she did say she'd possibly pop in to "officially" check OUT, sooo maybe she'll say why, then.... :confused: She's definitely a cool chic, & I hope to still keep in touch w/her somehow ;)

Hello alll...busy this morning! That is why I am checking in late.... good to see you back Kiki! I hope you aren't going to leave too! You are such a great part of this check-in!:(:)

Today I did STS disk 27...shoulders, bi's and tri's and then I did Body Rocker's workout from yesterday...July 5....it was a goody and fun!!!

Also...I am so excited...I just ordered my dress for my son's wedding...(I hate to go shopping...:confused::() so my girlfriend found this online about 2 months ago for me and I just fell in love with it. However,,,, I waited for it to go on sale and sure enough it did! I am also excited that after talking with the wedding consultant at J Crew and giving her my measurements, I was able to order a size 8!!! At the end of last year, I am telling you, it definitely would have been a 12!! so I have lost 2 dress sizes !!! if anyone is interested...here is the dress ( it should be in dusty pink-not the plum):

Women's dresses - evening & dinner - Washed crepe Kristen dress - J.Crew

kiki: I simply cannot imagine you being a good wallflower :) I am so glad you had a good time.. but I expected that!:cool:

fit mommy: I know about the plyo-fiyah: I got it going on today too. I love it. I love those plyo-leg workouts! I used to have a Janice Saffell kick box workout...I sold it. Now I am thinking I shouldn't have! Also I got my gymboss!! It is so fun to have and used with the Bodyrock workouts.

Katie: I think we are our own worst body critics. I focus on this bit of fat there and that bit of fat here. The plyo legs were the bomb!

bridget: congrats on your new job! how exciting. It was so kind of them to memorialize :eek: you with a cake!:D

I have got to go EAT...I have been so busy today I haven't and it is after 2 here!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.