STS Bars?

The coupon would work now, Lady Vol Fan......I wanted to check shipping too.....and I am
surprised that it isn't as much as I thought it would be....OMG....I really want these, but I have 2 Fit Towers... yikes.....hope the 20% coupon will be good for a little.....got to think on
this......with all the other options and having the FitTower and door anchors, I have plenty,
but I really would like to have them. Help !

Aaaah! Not the bars! I just saw them on the site as well as the coupon. I don't have room for them. I've been having to periodically shake myself to keep myself from buying the weight plates with the grips, because I'm out of room. Hmmmm. Maybe I should move to a bigger house? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable solution to the problem. lol

OMG, when I saw the above, I burst out laughing, that's me!!! Yep, the shipping for me is like $22.00 which I think is reasonable for what the product is....and the discount takes care
of that, plus a little savings :) and if I get everything I have been looking at, and use 30%,
the shipping only goes up a couple dollars and I save even more.....Lady Vol Fan, are you
getting them? I need to ask a couple "size" questions, like if you keep the bars attached
with the stabilizer, how wide they are base to base, and how big the box is and weight..
cause I would have to get it inside..... Do you have the barbell pad thing? Looking at
that too.

Yes, I have the barbell pad but not Cathe's barbell. I was previously using a rolled up yoga mat for hip thrusts that was a source of irritation and not really working that well. Her pad is very easy to remove from my bar, makes the hip thrust comfortable but also stays attached firmly.

I haven't used it for squats because I prefer to use dumbbells and kettlebells for squats.

....and if I get everything I have been looking at, and use 30%,
the shipping only goes up a couple dollars
and I save even more.....Lady Vol Fan, are you
getting them?
My husband hates the 30% off coupon ;)
Am I buying these..hmmm

--I like these,
--every bit of equipment I have purchased from Cathe I have been pleased with
--my threshold is pretty high for what pleases me
--there's a coupon...so....

I just need to financially time it right and configure space here. So definitely want to know answers to size questions.

Last edited:
Aaaah! Not the bars! I just saw them on the site as well as the coupon. I don't have room for them. I've been having to periodically shake myself to keep myself from buying the weight plates with the grips, because I'm out of room. Hmmmm. Maybe I should move to a bigger house? Yeah, that seems like a reasonable solution to the problem. lol
Makes sense to me! :p

I don't have room for them.
Agreed, I don't think I really do either......that's why I was wondering about the size, etc.

I've been having to periodically shake myself to keep myself frYeom buying the weight plates with the grips, because I'm out of room.
:) I got the 2.5 lbs set of the plates, and they are really nice......

I think I am going to wait and try the workouts with my FitTower, and then see if I truly miss not having the STS bars or not.

Agree with you. I think that is what I am going to do as well. I have spent too much time
measuring, etc to see if I could make them work in the space I have "available" but not actually knowing....I am beginning to think I'll survive without them (LOL)

ETA: oh, but I still really want them! Just really need to know how long they are across
with stabilizer bar attached….

Last edited:
OMG, when I saw the above, I burst out laughing, that's me!!! Yep, the shipping for me is like $22.00 which I think is reasonable for what the product is....and the discount takes care
of that, plus a little savings :) and if I get everything I have been looking at, and use 30%,
the shipping only goes up a couple dollars and I save even more.....Lady Vol Fan, are you
getting them? I need to ask a couple "size" questions, like if you keep the bars attached
with the stabilizer, how wide they are base to base, and how big the box is and weight..
cause I would have to get it inside..... Do you have the barbell pad thing? Looking at
that too.
I can't help with the size on the bars, because I don't have them. No room (shedding a tear:-(, because I don't have the room. So sad. I can tell you, though, that the bar pad is a great investment. I don't use it, because I don't lift heavy enough to worry about it. I got it for my husband. He lifts VERY heavy. He's gotten so strong that we don't have enough weight plates to challenge him (even when he's wearing a weight vest), so he now has to go to a gym for his strength training. He takes his barbell pad with him to the gym! He actually feels that the padding is what helped him to be able to lift heavier. He said the bar was causing him enough discomfort that it was limiting how much he could lift. When he tried to go up in weights, the discomfort was bad enough that he felt he was sacrificing form. He loves it. So, if you're lifting heavy enough that you feel the bar is "digging in", then I'd say the pad is a good investment. My husband swears up and down that it's saved his neck from having a permanent dent in the back of it. lol

Thanks Braille, I'm like you, I don't really lift a "heavy" barbell either, so I don't know that I
would use it that often either.....It's great that it helps your husband....

I was looking at it, cause if I ordered the bars, I was going to go ahead & get several other
items all at the same time, to save some bucks ! and the BB pad was one of them. I really
only have 1 small space to fit the bars without the room looking like a complete clutter :) but
it's not alot of room to play with...size-wise, so..... I'm not ordering something that I don't know will fit. I am thinking the FitTower, tubing, etc. will do just fine. :)

A few other things to consider when contemplating the need for a pad:

1) "Heavy" weight is relative & as we age, we tend to have disc/neck issues, so even 30-40# on a barbell is more comfortable with padding. (Of course dumbells can be substituted).

2) Hip thrusts can usually take heavy weight & a pad will make this more comfortable too. I've tried dumbells for this ... even more uncomfortable - so I prefer to use the padded bar.

I'm delaying a decision on the dip bars. Even with the 20% coupon, there are similar options for less with no shipping fees out there, but I'm not sure my use for them would offset the costs. Time may tell. I purchased squat racks AFTER my 1st run through with STS 1.0, so my thinking may change. And I like to support Cathe, ... so there's plenty of time to decide & there'll be more "deals" from Cathe in the future.

I'm delaying a decision on the dip bars. Even with the 20% coupon, there are similar options for less with no shipping fees out there, but I'm not sure my use for them would offset the costs.
I feel the same way.......I've looked at some of those "similar options" too and the sizing questions are
answered in the info provided. Probably the only thing I would use them for is trying the tricep dips...and
in the past, I have liked doing the dips with the tower....so, I guess I'll wait & see too....although they do look
really nice & sleek and will be a great option for anyone that doesn't have a tower. Thanks for the extra info
on the BB pad, I guess it would make it more comfortable, since I do tend to have problems with neck, etc.
but was only going to get other items if I ordered the bars. Yes, I like to buy from Cathe too, if possible. :)

now I have a decision to make…..
Well, not that anyone cares :), but the "dentist" made my decision....for now....I got the friendly reminder
call last evening of my upcoming crown replacement appt tomorrow...I had completely forgot ....guess that's
why they call! That's gonna be a good chunk of change for me, so.....the bars will have to wait :( at least
I know I have room! Oh well.....that's life !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.