STS and beachbody cardio

Gibbsy92

Hi,

Not to long ago I bought sts from ebay. I want to start on it sometime next week, but I'm trying to decide what cardio to do with it. Anyone have schedules combining sts with t25 or turbofire?

I don't have those cardios or a schedule, but I'm on another round of STS. I did it when it came out in '09, a few since then then not for a few years. I'd put on some weight so started it in May. Finished the program, took two weeks off and am finishing meso 1 this week. I've had the best results this time than any other time I've done it .... including back when I was running also. This doesn't answer your question, but just thought I'd share what worked for me. I did STS three days/week and did cardio the other three days. Two of those days were a HiiT and one was always Afterburn. Sometimes easy yoga on day 7. I dropped 10 pounds despite putting on a LOT of muscle. I ate "mostly" clean, but for this found of meso 1 I've been following Whole30 to a "T" and I can tell that STS combined with the HiiT and following Whole30 (which I think I'll mostly keep for the rest of STS except maybe one weekend cheat) is going to be phenomenal.

Anyway, didn't answer your question. But glad to see there are still folks out there doing this amazing program. My fiance can't believe how my body composition has changed.

I don't have those cardios or a schedule, but I'm on another round of STS. I did it when it came out in '09, a few since then then not for a few years. I'd put on some weight so started it in May. Finished the program, took two weeks off and am finishing meso 1 this week. I've had the best results this time than any other time I've done it .... including back when I was running also. This doesn't answer your question, but just thought I'd share what worked for me. I did STS three days/week and did cardio the other three days. Two of those days were a HiiT and one was always Afterburn. Sometimes easy yoga on day 7. I dropped 10 pounds despite putting on a LOT of muscle. I ate "mostly" clean, but for this found of meso 1 I've been following Whole30 to a "T" and I can tell that STS combined with the HiiT and following Whole30 (which I think I'll mostly keep for the rest of STS except maybe one weekend cheat) is going to be phenomenal.

Anyway, didn't answer your question. But glad to see there are still folks out there doing this amazing program. My fiance can't believe how my body composition has changed.

I may try to do what you did and just add hiit or something for the third day. I may not have to combine it with anything else since I have a Rhythmic Aerobics class twice a week.

Are you using HIIT from Cathe?

I am using Cathe's HiiT. Twice a week I do something from the original Hiit or Low Impact HiiT. And on the other day it's Afterburn. I also have ICE Low Impact Sweat I'll do occasionally. That combination worked really well for me the first round of STS I did in May. I'm now on round two of STS - beginning the second week of Meso 2. Last month I followed Whole30 while doing Meso 1 and that was a game changer!!

My favorite HIIT that I am cycling through with STS are Breathless Body 1 & 2, and Peak 10 cardio Interval Burn and More Cardio Interval Burn. I try to do a Barre+short cardio on Sat and have been doing some beachbody but mostly steady state stuff. I have not done T25 but if it has a lot of body weight training like Insanity I wouldn't use it, or just use ones without body weight training. I felt like I was definitely overtraining when I tried doing my Insanity workouts with STS a few weeks ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.