*** STS 6 Monthers Alumni *** July 2012 *** Fireworks ***

Okay...first things first - I GO MY DVD'S yesterday! But haven't got to look at them yet.

Rachel, so glad your dad is recovering. You have been through a lot lately. I love how yoga is helping you with mental/physical connections and sounds like it's really become a strong channel for you.

Kim, I cannot believe your mom is such a fast runner! I think my best 5K was about that, but I was usually around 29 minutes (if I remember right!).

Cendrine, you will love Silver c Falls. It's about 15 miles from where I grew up and we went there all the time for family picnics. Sounds like you are really getting settled in in the new house.

Okay...I'm going to start a new post.

It's already July!!. Thanks for starting us, Jo!

Rachel, I'm glad that your Dad is home now. It is amazing to see how people's health does when they get older. I agree with you that finding peace of mind is so important to maintain overall Wellness! I'm glad yoga is helping you with that!

I made pancakes with the sourdough starter, added bananas and walnuts and everyone liked it. But the dough I made for bread, pizzacrust and a fruit thing was very crumbly, I haven't tried the bread yet, as it just came out of the oven, but am not happy with the looks of it, not puffy enough for my liking.... I may have to post on the bread site to find out what flour that's non gluten does best for this and try again....:rolleyes:

Dd's birthday is coming up soon and she decided she wanted a mommy and me birthday. She wants to go to the mall and get her ears pierced, then stroll through the mall to see if anything jumps out at her, then she wants to go have tea at a tea house, swing by whole foods to pick up a birthday cake and bring it home to share with dad and brother...:)

She sure knows what she wants! Lol!

Jo, we posted at the same time... how exciting to get the DVDs! When are you going to tackle them?

Gotta go take a shower, dd has plans for me (she is keeping a 'schedule') I think she is growing up too fast!

I posted a couple of graduation pictures. Of course, I am waiting on pictures from people that took them for me! :confused: That one picture of me accepting my diploma cover is blurry, but you get the idea. I won't see my professional pictures for a couple of weeks.

Graduation was awesome! My GF was here and actually stayed until Tuesday so was busy with her. About 5 of my previous employees came (which surprised me!). The ceremony was at 11 in the morning and then we all went to lunch. So by the time I had to be there early (9:45) until we got home, it was an all day affair. I feel so good about being done.

Then on Wednesday we found out DH mother was in hospital with pnemonia. She's actually very healthy and had a pnemonia vaccine so I don't know what that's all about. This is the second time she's had it. She lives in Ohio so we can't run to see her but she is now home.

I then found out another GF's daughter, who is about 28, is battling jaw cancer. She had had a surgery to remove the tumor, chemo, etc., and then they declared her cancer free. In less then 3 weeks, it came back with a vengeance, is inoperable, and they are only giving her 10% chance to live. She is currently going through radiation. Anywho, I have been working on house projects to donate things for a giant garage sale they are going to have to raise money for her to send her to see this Dr in Texas. He has some new experimental technololgy and they are going to send her to see him and of course insurance won't pay for it. So have been working fast and furious to put together for the sale they are having next week.

Well, Good Morning Cendrine!

Now to finish...so really got started SUPER clean with eating yesterday...and I mean SUPER clean. That button finally clicked in my brain and I'm ready to make it happen!

I plan to go view the new videos in a bit but still have to approach the workouts with modifications. I have got to get my jojo mojo back! Slowly put surely I will be back to my old fiesty fit self!

Okay, that's the quick catchup. Off to workout! I'll go back through the old thread and see what else I missed!

I just got done doing C&W. Boy I haven't done that in a LONG time! It was really fun! Again, I'm trying to start back up with familiar workouts to get up to par and ones I know that I can easily modify as I want to get through the whole workout. I did pretty good but again having to use whimpy weights. I'm now sitting here eating a salad.

This ... weight ... has ... to ... come ... off!!!!

I told DH not to tempt me with chocolate, pizza, ice cream or anything else he knows I won't eat. I will not CAVE IN! The switch is ON!

TTYL!!

Me again! :) So as I'm attempting my own version of Jo on the Biggest Loser...I went and did PUB UP premix (still whimpy weights). I am now ready for a nap! LOL!

I'm a posting fool today. I just wanted to say that I had another PERFECT eating day today and, besides my workouts, watching the Olympic trials is really helping with the motivation. Honestly you guys I just need 5 good days of working out and I'll be back to my old never quit self! You know how much I LOVE working out!!!

It's amazing isn't it how ENERGETIC you feel when you clean up your act!!! LOL! After my couple of days of cleaning up the old food plan, I woke up this morning more energized than I have in ... in ... well a long time! LOL! :D Anywho, I attempted Rhythmic Step but only got through about 2/3 of it as I was going full force and not modifying. I can already tell I'm improving though. Ohhh how I look forward to being my old fitness self (of course athletic in mind! HA!).

I forgot to mention yesterday that I forgot how challenging the ab work is on C&W. Of course, again that could be my because of my flabby abs but it was tough!

I'm trying to be really productive today and getting back on my house projects but it is already noon!

Well hope you all are having a good day! Kim, I are you at the cottage?

TTYL!

Let's talk about DOMS. Even though I'm using puny weights (with immaculate form mind you) I have the most wonderful DOMS in my chest, biceps (love that), triceps, and shoulders. Butt is slightly tight from stepping. Tomorrow I plan to hit Butts and Guts. And, oh yes, I can't laugh as my abs hurt too much! Ohhh...love working out!

OMG Jo... I hope you don't feel like you are talking to yourself!:p
I am so proud of you! Now it seems like you got a new lease on life and are ready to take it by the horns!
I am so sorry about you MIL and your friends daughter! 28 is so young.:confused:

Well we finished our job and so I think I might have the rest of the week off! I can't see us starting up anything with the holiday right in the middle of the week. I am just ready to get started on some of the reading that is required for my teacher training course. I have a stack of books. A LOT of anatomy books:eek: So maybe I will really learn a thing or three.:rolleyes:

Cendrine-Did I miss some where that you were gluten free? I love hearing about the bread. I really would love to take a class on making bread. My teacher that moved to Mexico was going on and on about a great book about sour dough starters...I am not sure how the title was spelled but it was pronounced Tartine. That might be the spelling but I never saw the book.

I forgot to tell yall. DH got a new toy. It is a 1977 international Scout Ralley. I will try to post a picture of it. It is pretty cool. The top comes off!

Jo, you and me are in the same boat, doms despite super light weights and loving the feeling of it!

I hope your friend will get some answers and good treatment options from the new doctor! It's such a battle!

I did lic today and loved it. I was dragging today and didn't get to my workout until 3! But I did it! And I found our scales and decided I'm weighing in tomorrow and monitor my progress with them even though I haven't liked it in the past...

Rachel, my bread was a flop, I'm sure it would have turned out well with regular flour. I am waiting to hear from the forum of gluten free sourdough people to help me trouble shoot... I don't have much patience as far as redoing recipes Goes because I'm too used to them working out at first try....:rolleyes:

I have a hankering for rhythmic step tomorrow, Jo, looks like we are reaching for some of the same workouts!

Goodness, you three have had a busy weekend!! We were at the cottage (all 13 of us) we have no satellite reception or WiFi up there so no way to communicate. Super hot and the air conditioning isn't working. I was glad that my family was sleeping in our camper it was much cooler than inside the house. Overall a great weekend, we got stuck in the middle of the lake with the 3 kids and I behind the lake on an inflatable tube when a thunderstorm came up. Kind of scary/fun. Of course by the time we got back to the cottage, got the boat out, the sun was shining. Super tired from all the sun, and activity.

Came home and did Gym Style Legs with Dh. DH and the kids are on holidays this week so it's going to be hard to get up and go to work in the morning:confused:

Cendrine, I have 2 weeks off (end of July and early August) and a few days here and there for long weekends. DH has 3 weeks off work but different days from me so that the kids have someone home with them more often. DS is 15 and is working two days at DH's work place doing data entry. DD is at that age where she is too old for the day camps but too young for work. SHe turns 12 in August. We have 2 long weekends planned. In august to Minneapolis and Labour Day to Saskatchewan for my cousin's wedding.
Sounds like you are settling well into your new home and new workout room!
I love dd's birthday plan!

Jo Congratulations again! Thanks for sharing the pictures! I would love to see the official ones when you get them. So was it a Master's of Business Admin that you obtained?? How nice of your friends and coworkers to come celebrate with you. So sad about your gf's dtr! Enjoy those DOMS, it probably feels good to be active after so much sitting and using your brain the last few months.

Rachael Wow your DH was a fast runner!! It's so true that one health injury often leads to another. Hopefuly your dad will will start getting his strength back now that he is at home. Enjoy your week off! Enjoy the anatomy learning!

It sounds like a few of us are cleaning up our eating and ramping up the exercise this summer. My exercise has been good but I have got sloppy with the eating habits so I'm going to concentrate on that this week. DH is much better at eating healthy than I am and with him off work he will probably prepare healthy dinners so that's a good start.

Was out late for coffee with a new friend, she is very like minded, healthy food, homeschooling, that kind of thing. I had a good time but now I'm tired because of the late night...
I still did rhythmic step, such a fun way to burn, but I sure was ready to be done when it was over, still building up stamina.

Kim, something about being away from internet access for vacation just sounds wonderful. I get so used to doing so much stuff via internet that I sometimes think an electronics fast for everyone is needed! Lol

So the guys from the bread forum said sourdough does not work well on glutenfree flour, it works on glutenfree quick breads like pancakes, waffles, muffins, where you add other stuff like eggs, baking soda and such. Lesson learned. Am going to start and activate the wheat sourdough starter to see if I have better luck with it: )

Ds had an eyeappt today and learned to put contacts in and out in 30min! He's so proud of himself, especially when he heard the Dr say, boys usually don't learn this until 12yrs (he's 8) the reason we encouraged contacts is because he looses everything all the time... ;)

Well don't ya know...I got moving like a crazy woman and I got a stinkin migraine! UGGGHHHHH!!! I was in bed until 4:30 this afternoon. I am so irritated!!!

Cendrine, I'm so happy you're making friends already! I hope you're not hugely disappointed about the weather! This is not normal. I don't know how it was for you today, but here today it rained like the middle of February!

Rachel, is that international one of those that is built like a TANK? LOL! DH must be very excited! I'm so excited about your new teaching journey! After completing my degree, I know how awesome and accomplished you'll feel to do this program. And remember, as much as it's a wonderful new challenge for you, it's FOR YOU! This is a great way to enrich your life!

Kim, I figured you were at the cottage! Hope you all had a GREAT time! It's amazing that DS is already of age to do a little work! OMG where has the time gone - right? I will definitely post the "official" pictures whenever I get them! I still am trying to process the fact that I finished school! I got a call from my former boss (President) from the company I worked at prior to the last one. The company I worked for that is headquartered in Toronto. He's in town next week and asked if I wanted to meet for breakfast. Hmmmmm....

Okay, DH just got home from work and a side trip to Costco (LOL!) Need to go help him!

Hi Girls! Happy 4th! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! We have company coming soon for a BBQ. I didn't work out again today as my energy isn't quite where it should be after my migraine but I plan to get at it again tomorrow!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Hmm, the breakfast sounds interesting;), Jo

Sorry to hear about the migraine

Cendrine, that's great that you found a friend with similar interests! Where did you meet?? I'm impressed that your ds was able to do contacts! Did I ever tell you that my ds is visually impaired?? At 8 weeks old, he was diagnosed with a nystagmus (dancing eyes), and referred to a paediatric opthamalogist. We were initially told that he was totally blind:(:( We started immediate therapy at the Canadian National Instutite for the Blind with an occupational therapist. It was very emotional/stressful to say the least. When he was young we used to take trips to Toronto for different tests as there is only one paediatric opthamalogist in our province. They discovered that his pupil never fully developed. That can not ever be fixed.

He got his first pair of glasses at 13 months. (so very cute!!)

Over the years his vision has steadily improved, the ophthalmologist has never been able to tell us what caused the problem or why his vision has improved. He always seems to be surprised that it's better with each visit!
His nystagmus causes him to not see long distances but he can see fine up close. He does wear glasses but just like any other kid, the glasses are regular vision problems his nystagmus is not fixed by glasses. You can see it when you look at him, his eyes "jiggle" constantly, and gets much worse as he gets tired.

His real issue is things like driving and sports. We are going to explore the driving issue this fall to see if it feasible. He adapts so well, that most people don't notice his vision loss. His therapists at the blind institute always were amazed with how well he functions compared to how he tests in the eye clinic.
It takes me by surprise sometimes, for example when we go to a fast food restaurant he can't read the menu overhead. So at Dairy Queen he always orders the cheesecake blizzard because he doesn't want anyone to read the menu to him especially if he is with friends, so he just orders the same thing.
ANyways long story short (too late I know;)) the paediatric opthamologist has always said he doesn't recommend contacts until kids are 16 so we never pursued them.

Anyways still following the June rotation, MMA Boxing yesterday and today GS Chest/triceps.

Got my dvds! That was fast to Canada!!! Now should I finish the June rotation or try the new workouts!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.