STS 6 Month Rotation

lori254

Cathlete
Hi everyone - I know it's in here somewhere, but I cannot find the 6 month STS rotation. Is it doing all of Meso 1, then doing it again before going on to Meso 2? Or is it doing Meso 1 week 1, then Meso 1 week 1 again, week 2, then week 2 again, etc?
thanks!

Lori

You do each week's workouts twice before moving on to the next week. You take a recovery week at the end of each 8 weeks. So the first few weeks would look like this:

Disk 1
Disk 2
Disk 3
Disk 1
Disk 2
Disk 3
Disk 4
Disk 5
Disk 6
Disk 4
Disk 5
Disk 6

You're welcome. I'm just finishing up Meso 2 Week 3 for the second time and ready to move on to Week 4. You'll find that doing the workouts twice, particularly in Meso 1 when things move very quickly, helps you to get acclimated to setting weights set up and ready to go. That's my experience, anyway, and I usually get a better workout the second time through than I did the first. Sometimes a workout I wasn't particularly crazy about the first time becomes one I like the second time. I've only had one or two so far that I didn't like any better the second time.:p

Nancy, I just finished my second take on Meso 2 Week 3, too... Only 2 more weeks to go, woohoo!!!:D

I agree that doing each week twice makes you perform better the second time through - you know what's coming and you pay more attention on form. I also noticed that I get one or two more reps on the failure sets the second week; did u notice that? Must be what Cathe says: "Mind over matter"!

Chris.

Another 6 Monther here. I just started Meso 3 Week 3. I did all of Meso 1 and 2 twice as explained above, and am doing Meso 3 once thru. I LOVE the longer rotation! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!! I think you'll be super happy you chose the longer rotation!

Gayle

I've been doing the 6mo rotation too and just completed my 1st week of M2. I agree that repeating the w/os in M1 is extremely beneficial.

Just wanted your thoughts about continuing that into M2 & M3. Since they're a slower pace and now we should have all our 1rm figured out do you think there is the same benefit to repeating the w/o?

Partly I want to accelerate the rotation to get on with other w/os too and it would fit in better with my vacation next month.

Any opinions? I was also thinking that Cathe had recommended somewhere that M3 should be a 4 week rotation not 8.

MommaPew (love the name, btw), YES! I do believe you get the same benefit for repeating the discs in Meso 2. Meso 2 was my FAVE, by far! Meso 3, however, is very heavy and S-L-O-W and repetitive. I've decided to do Meso 3 ONCE for the repetition facter (I bore easily, lol) AND because I'm anxious to be done with this awesome rotation and move onto other workouts (like training for longer runs/races).

Gayle

I'm debating which rotation to do- the 3 or 6 month one. I plan on starting the very last week in June, so in two weeks. What made you guys decide to do the 6 month vs the 3 month? I was thinking of doing the 3 month to see what results I get from them, but maybe the 6 month would be better. With the 6 month, do you find yourself wishing that you would have done the 3 month?- less commitment and you would be able to do other workouts quicker?

I've decided to go with the 6 month because I have not been strength training consistently for quite some time. Don't want to hurt myself, so taking it slowwww.

Nancy, I just finished my second take on Meso 2 Week 3, too... Only 2 more weeks to go, woohoo!!!:D

I agree that doing each week twice makes you perform better the second time through - you know what's coming and you pay more attention on form. I also noticed that I get one or two more reps on the failure sets the second week; did u notice that? Must be what Cathe says: "Mind over matter"!

Chris.

Yes and yes! My concentration is just better overall the second time through.

I've been doing the 6mo rotation too and just completed my 1st week of M2. I agree that repeating the w/os in M1 is extremely beneficial.

Just wanted your thoughts about continuing that into M2 & M3. Since they're a slower pace and now we should have all our 1rm figured out do you think there is the same benefit to repeating the w/o?

Partly I want to accelerate the rotation to get on with other w/os too and it would fit in better with my vacation next month.

Any opinions? I was also thinking that Cathe had recommended somewhere that M3 should be a 4 week rotation not 8.

For Meso 3 I plan to do one round of the squat rack work and finish with a round of plyo legs. Keep in mind I haven't even cracked open the "book" of DVDs on Meso 3, so haven't experienced the long rests to know whether I'm going to want to repeat the weeks.

I'm debating which rotation to do- the 3 or 6 month one. I plan on starting the very last week in June, so in two weeks. What made you guys decide to do the 6 month vs the 3 month? I was thinking of doing the 3 month to see what results I get from them, but maybe the 6 month would be better. With the 6 month, do you find yourself wishing that you would have done the 3 month?- less commitment and you would be able to do other workouts quicker?[/quote]

Not at all. I'm definitely ready to move on to the next week when I finish two weeks of each one, but I haven't regretted my decision.

Hi. I'm doing the six month rotation as well. I started Meso 3 this week. I am in love with it. Oh my gosh - I have never had leg or bicep DOMS to this degree!! I will finish this rotation in August. I love it and there has been no dread factor and I've never thought 'oh, enough already!' - I look forward to the STS days. And I honestly can't chose my favorite mesocycle - each one has such a different feel (and benefit).

I was actually surprised by some of the weights I could lift in Meso 3. Once STS is over, I can't wait to see if I can up my weights with some of Cathe's older weight workouts, particularly the biceps section of Pyramid Upper Body!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.