---<<<STS 6 month Alumni week of April 3rd>>>---

cendrine

Cathlete
I didn't get to my workout today... oh well...
Instead I'm experimenting with a dehydrator breakfast cookie recipe, made sesame crackers, ginger cookies and almond chokolate chip cookies... now I'm beat...:rolleyes:
did any of you see the latest greys anatomy episode? I watched it online yesterday and was wondering if you guys saw it and what you thought.... If you didn't see it they made it a musical episode with lots of the actors singing. I thought it was fun to see what talent each one had, but the lyrics didn't really seem to help the plot much...

Cendrine I think we might have started a thread at the same time.:D

I saw the episode this morning. I always watch it on Sunday morning if it is new. I thought it was interesting too. You could tell the ones that were comfortable singing compared to the ones that were not, I thought. I guess they tried to do a Glee thing.

I forgot to mention we are starting a big school tomorrow so it is going to be back to a regular schedule for me now.

Off for a little reading.
TTYT
Rachel

Sorry, I guess, great minds think alike, huh? LOL

I forgot to mention before, dh and ds went on their first together boy scout fishing expedition. They were gone from 6:45 until 12:30 with 90 other scouts and parents and among the 90 of them they caught exactly 5 fish.... :confused: It was supposed to be a well stocked lake, too! I guess the fish just weren't in the biting mood! Ds and dh didn't catch any. Dh was a lot more disapointed than ds. Ds just ended up playing with all his buddies, so to him it was still a fun outing... I had planned to cook fish for dinner, given the nature of the outing, so had to change course and made a quinoa dish with broccoli and sundried tomatoes. We had the last of our strawberries that we picked on Friday for dessert with whipped cream... mmmm.

Rachael The kids did hang around during the party, they have room in the basement or their rooms when they wanted some quiet time but they mostly hung out with the guests.
The builders told me they would come clean up the yard but I'm not holding my breath.
Did you get all your plants in? Too early for any planting here yet, we had some snow again today. A coworker brought me an orchid as a housewarming gift so hopefully I can keep it alive.

Cendrine I never saw Grey's Anatomy, I didn't realize that show was on anymore. Well at least ds had fun with his friends!

We had 12 people come to our get together last night. SO many people bring a bottle of wine as a housewarming gift, we have quite the collection now. I was so busy giving house tours that I didn't get to visit much though.

This afternoon DH and I went to a home expressions show at the convention centre and did some research about landscaping the backyard. We have some big ides so we will have to price things out. We are considering a small basketball area and then a brick patio off the deck.

Today I did finish the last day on the March rotation (30 min on treadmill, CoreMax2 and S&H Shoulders). Will start on the April rotation tomorrow.

Hope your having a good weekend Jo!

Back to work for me tomorrow after a week off!

Well there was a big misunderstanding at the job we had to start today so we are starting tomorrow.
It is kind of a good thing because we got a really delayed start this morning because a storm front came through and the weather was just too bad for about and hr to drive in. The sky was black! But now it is about 20 degrees cooler and alot less humid so that is a plus.

This morning I did LIC and sweated my butt off. It was 77 degrees in the house. I can't bring myself to turn the air on yet.:rolleyes:

Kim-It sounds like you had a nice turn out for the party. I love that now you have a nice wine collection too...Maybe I should have a party too. LOL;)
I got all the plants I am going to plant in but maybe a few flowers. I don't do too much around here...Just keep the grass alive.

Cendrine-I think those fish heard that boy scout brigade coming! LOL DH and ds would have probably had better luck by themselves but then ds couldn't pal around with all his scout buddies. I got a good chuckle at the plan for fish for dinner...ha ha ha! Good thing we don't have to survive on what we catch huh?
But the quinoa dish sounds great...How did you put it together?

Jo- I know you are out there and as busy as ever...Just thinking about ya.

I am off to enjoy my unexpected day. Have a good one!

I just saw it and came to rave about it here! LOL! YAY! I am so excited! This is awesome! So where's the presale button?????

Jo, I'm sorry about your migraine, I have some neck/shoulder muscle issues that are causing me a headache too! So annoying! I hope you recover quickly!

Rachel, enjoy the day off! And good luck with the fern! The two I bought last summer are still alive! :eek: I'm happy about it!
The quinoa is like this. Sautee some onions, add quinoa, some chopped up dried tomatoes, garlic, and vegetable broth, simmer for about 12 min. Add broccoli florets on the top, add more water if necessary, cover with lid and simmer for another 8 min, then top with cashews. Pretty easy to make and yummy. My family likes it with parmesan.

Kim, I'm glad your party was a hit! Are you and dh wine drinkers? If we got a collection, we would probably regift because we hardly drink any wine... LOL!

Haha! I was just rushing over here to say...HAVE YALL SEEN THE NEW SERIES!!!:p Sorry for the yelling Jo:eek:

Cendrine, the pre sale starts May1st and she is going to include her new glider thingies for free with the series! I am so excited. I know you are...this is just what you need I think. She is even going to have a yoga workout!

I am so excited!!!!!

Jo, I am sorry about the migraine. Is this one allergy related too?

Better be off to eat. I have been on here way too long due to all the reading about the new series.
TTYT

Rachel, it's fun to share the excitment! You are right, this is exactly what I have been hoping for, and you did the research and found out about the sliders and the presale golive! Yay! I'll be getting this one for sure!

Well I did Low Impact Circuit to celebrate the Low Impact Series! Always fun to get new workouts and these look like there will be some variety! (yoga, sliders, barre and a cycling workout!)

Hope your feeling better soon Jo!

I'm not a big wine drinker Cendrine but it's nice to have to offer to people as they come over. There is a dinner party that I'm invited to in a couple of weeks so I'll probably take one or two of the bottles to that.

Jo, I'm thinking you must be quite excited to hear Cathe is planning a spin workout! How fun for you, even though completely useless to me unless I get a bike... Ha! I hope your migraine is on the way out by now! I still am headachy myself and finally took something, but it's not fully helping. Can't wait for this to blow over.

I saw a picture of them using sliders I think kind of like in a cross country skiing fashion, I can just imagine what that will do to my legs... LOL!

Kim, that was fun to do low impact for celebrating! What did the school have to say about dd's hair color?

Rachel, are you working today?

I did a low impact cardio and stability ball abs. It's getting hotter here in the mornings too, but I don't want to turn on the ac just yet either...:rolleyes:

What a good day this has been!
I started with Hiit DWP and did amazing esp for day 2 of being up at 4...:rolleyes: and then we got to start the new job and it too is amazing. We almaost could not ask for better conditions on a job...right now any way. I have to keep the excitement down or I might jinx us.lol DH always says I speak too soon...hahaha.

So so far this week and rotation and month have started out pretty good.

Kim-I am a wine drinker so you can send it to me if it is too overwhelming.;):p:D
I like the dryer wines. Most of my friend don't drink wine so I don't think they would even think to bring that to any house party I would have. lol
It looks like you started the April rotation too.

Cendrine-I think I read somewhere that they already started filming too so it won't be as long probably from the presale till the delivery date.
We are up and down on our temps. This morning there was frost on the windows as appose to the 77 yesterday:rolleyes: I don't mind to much though because I dread when the heat settles in and there are no more cool mornings.

Jo-I am thinking about you.:( I hope you are migraine free by now.

Off to do some reading. Have a great night.

Hi Everyone, just a quick note.

Thank you for the well wishes! I had a nasty nasty migraine - got rid of it yesterday morning and then had to do a client thing yesterday, dinner, etc. So am just back to trying to catch up. I can't believe how much piles up when one day is impacted!

So tonight I need to take a test and get back on schedule with my reading. Other than that I'm good. I'll try and check back later - hope you're all doing okay!

Jo, I am glad you are better. What a crappy way to spend the weekend!

Just a quick in and out for me. I did the circuit blast today and I guess I have not done that one very much. It was hard but different and I liked it.
So far so good on the job and other than that...not too much else for today.

I hope yall are all having an eventful fun day.

TTYT

So glad you are finally better! Life does not stop for anyone, does it? I hope it will be easy for you to catch up!

Rachel, I barely remember that workout, I think I may have done that one only once...

I did a firm circuit workout and some time on the treadmill, good workout. The day was busy and tonight dh and I have to divide and conquer, since ds has a boy scout meeting and there is an interest meeting for daisies starting in the fall tonight (this is the girlscout equivalent to tiger cubs for dd ;))

Hi Kim!

Good Thursday!
We caught up to the terrazzo floor people so it is going to be a 3 day weekend! Whoop whoop!LOL:rolleyes:
Got lots to do around here since my house is a total mess...mainly the floors need to be done and I think then it will look alot better.

I did KPC this morning. I have to find a sub for circuit max for Monday. I don't have that one. Do yall have that one? I think it might be on the cardio kicks set.

Anyhow....I have an impromptu hair appt. tonight so I better start sweeping if I am going to get anything done before hand. TTYL

Today is a really weird day. We are all tire and grumpy and just generally off... not fun, wonder if it's the weather...?

Rachel, I can't remember which one circuit max is, if I have time, I'll go check later. Enjoy your long weekend!

Hi Jo and Kim! Hope you guys are bursting with energy!

Good Morning, sorry I haven't been around much this week. No good reasons the week just seem to fly by. The kids started swimming lessons, and it's getting spring like outside so spending some time outside. DS's birthday is this weekend so did some running around to pick up some birthday gifts. It's harder to shop for him now that he's older!

Of course with the spring weather, along comes flooding worries around here and in North Dakota. On the 6 o'clock local news there were asking for urgent volunteers to sand bag last night so ds and I went down. By the time we got there the were out of sand bags, and the other location they were busing people in and the last bus had left so we ended up coming home. Waste of time and I never got my workout done.

I have been doing the April rotation but missed KPC last night so will do it today. Rachael I have Circuit Max, it's an oldie! I haven't done it in ages! It's a very hard workout, very traditional step or floor aerobics than followed by traditional weight work.
I wish we could sit and have a glass of wine together that would be fun!!!

Yeah on the 3 day weekend Rachael! I have today off as well. Not really an exciting day though will drive/pick up kids to give them a break from the bus, going to get groceries, do KPC, do laundry/clean house and maybe go shopping for new workout shoes if time? Oh, got to go buy some Easter chocolates for an Easter egg hunt, I know it's not for 2 weeks but I"m off today with no kids so good time to get it done.

Jo I sure hope you're feeling better and that you're not feeling stressed!!! I got an email that my e-reader is suppose to be in at the end of April.

Cendrine I have a similar day to you. On Tuesday I was just super grumpy and out of sorts. I'm usually a very easy going, happy type person but it seems like one day a month my hormones get me, and I either get overemotional or grumpy. Then the next day I'm fine and I can't believe I acted that way. Maybe after menopause I won't have that day????
Hope the rest of the week went well for you. Did you get to your daisies meeting?? I bet dd is excited to go to that!!

Well grumpys! ;) I am having one of those weeks! I am entering migraine season with all the weather changes and allergies. So long story short, migraine again yesterday and today. I'm super busy at work and have a paper due at school. BUT... I'm in a great mood and the sun is shining! We had a big lunch for all the employees and now I'm trying to finish up a ton of work so I can get out of here.

Kim, I'm can't wait for you to get that e-reader and join the ranks of electronic readers! LOL! The weather issues just go from one thing to the next don't they? But I'll bet you're looking forward to doing some camping again this summer!

Rachel, enjoy the 3 days and get lots done! You are like the energizer bunny! Uh oh...what does impromptu hair appt mean? You changing your style? Pictures please!!

Cendrine, ooohhh daisies sound fun! Have you been enjoying the firm workouts? Oh I meant to ask you...where did it say Cathe is doing a spinning workout? I didn't see that!

Alright, back at it, then home to take the test. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.