~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni Sept. 5th<~~~

I forgot to tell you that I won't be around tomorrow night. I'm taking 5 little girls to a hotel for a sleepover:rolleyes::rolleyes: It's a belated birthday party for dd. I left it till this week as I thought she might need the time with her old friends after her first week at the new school. The hotel has a room for birthday parties with a parent's bedroom and then a kid's room with bunk beds decorated in a theme. We got the Underwater Theme. They have a pool with a waterslide. Of course, we'll have pizza/cake/junk food and the girls will play. DH will stay for the evening helping and then come home (just a 5 minute drive) to spend the night at the house with ds (and of course his cousin to keep him company):rolleyes:

Hi! Oh my gosh you guys have been busy! I am feeling better and besides getting caught up with work, I had to get some homework done. I've put that aside for a minute as I need to really read through the posts!

Kim, please forgive me but I'm really laughing about ds and facebook and your little confused faces! I mean I busted out laughing! I needed that to bring me out of work and homework and my cold! :p;) Glad the first day went well for both of them and hope you have fun with the girls at the hotel! Well we know THEY'LL have fun! LOL! Is any other parent going to be there or are you doing it solo?

Rachel, YAHOO on finishing the MR! I can't wait to see your pictures! Especially the Indian doors! You're rocking on your workouts! I am hating that I'm missing! So I missed another night of spinning! BOOHOO... Oh and I was thinking about you and the storm! Glad you were mostly unaffected. I read that they think there will be lots of hurricanes this year. Did you just get your hair cut or did you do something more? Where's some pictures of you anyway?

Cendrine, my goodness your poor dh! I hope he's not sick, well I hope it's not the drugs either! I hope he's okay! He must really be hating that happened! It must be pretty nasty if he has to keep the boot on 24/7. Oh and the bone splinters do not sound fun. It must feel great getting back to doing some heavier weight work. I forgot to tell you about that gallstone remedy. It's 30 drops of hydrangea in 4 oz of unfiltered organic apple juice. Well, I made my own juice and added the drops, but it made my throat feel raw. And, it made the pain I'm having worse. So I only did it a few times and stopped. But I did mention it to my Dr and he said not to do anything that might aggregate it further until after the endoscopy. He was kind of so so about it - said he didn't think it would work that well but even if it did work, I'm already susceptible to them coming back because I have them. But then he said we could discuss more after we get this initial problem taken care of.

Well I'm anxious to work out. I know I've only missed a few days but feel like I've missed a month! I hate it too when I don't post as I feel like I'm missing out on something! (Is that what being a busy body is all about? :rolleyes:)

Alright, I'll be back again tomorrow! I'll TTYL!

Happy Friday! I'm up and getting ready to get out the door! I might workout this afternoon but still not feeling superduper. I am definitely better just feeling rundown. I think that's one of the advantages of us healthy girls...we rebound quickly! :D:cool:;)

Nothing to report yet except I'm glad it was a short week. My boss will be in town next week so it's better I was sick this week. Well, except I won't be there Tuesday for my endoscopy.

Check with you all later!

Good Friday morning Yall!

It was KPC for me this morning and again I woke thinking that I was going to modify and do a premix but then again...after I woke up I thought I would give it my best go and sure enough I made it all the way through.:eek: I was very proud but since I did work so hard on trying to keep the abs tight the entire time by the time I got to abs I was pretty tired in that area. So needless to say my pikes weren't pikes they were more like plops or something:p

Jo-You are sounding lots better. I can tell because your posts get more animated the better you get, I think. I will work on the album soon. I feel so guilty setting here at the computer when I know I am putting something else off. You know what I mean :rolleyes:
It's good that you are giving your body a little break and when you get back to your workouts they are going to be really invigorating so don't rush it.

Kim-I hope you have a great time and all the girls get along the whole night...lol I can remember slumber parties at that age and they can go both ways haha I think that is a girl thing.
I am sure you are going to get used to this schedule soon. It is hard though to change something that you have done for so long.

Cendrine-Your poor dh...I hope it is just a reaction to the medication. It would stink to get sick on top of injured. I hope it is just a partial tear but it surprised me how long Kim said the recovery was. You will have to make sure he does not try to rush back into anything.
Were you able to do C&W cardio. Thinking about it, seemed like it would be able to be modified.

Long day here and not done yet, but I'm coming up for air....:)

Jo, I'm so glad you are feeling better, I'm with Rachel, I can tell you're better because of your more lively posts...! Sorry the remedy for the stones didn't agree with you! Way to go for giving it a try though!

Rachel, nice work on your workouts, including the would be pikes...LOL!
I didn't get to the C&W cardio but I will see if I can preview it this weekend with modification mind activated...;)

Kim, have fun with the girls, that place sure sounds fun! I hope you get some rest though....;)

Dh still hasn't been able to get an MRI, and they are not too quick about getting back to him either....:( He's not feeling fluish any more but really tired. It takes a lot out of him, I'm sorry for him! It will be hard for him to not rush back into exercise! Kim, thanks for all the info regarding rehab and all, that is good to know when decision making time comes.

Well, I gotta run, ds has his last summer soccer practice tonight and then he wants to have dinner with his friend afterwards... Me, I'm ready to wind down now....:rolleyes:

Okay, all assignments turned in and tests taken for week 2! Mama Mia!

I know I got 100 on my Data test, but I think I missed 1 for sure on my psyche test and who knows about the essay part! I'll know on Wednesday. So tomorrow I start week 3....

Rachel, pikes, plops or ploops! Way to go! Especially since you didn't think you could do it! See, mind over matter. You're going to have rock hard abs!

Cendrine, you're a busy girl! I'm feeling so sorry for your DH. Oh the frustration when they don't get back to ya. Glad he's feeling better though. Maybe it was his body just saying "enough already!" How was ds soccer?

Kim, thinking about you and hoping you're having fun with the girls!

I'm hoping to get a great night sleep tonight so I can workout tomorrow.

TTYT!

Good Morning!

Just a quick post before breakfast for me. It was supposed to be a shake this morning but it seems my blender is broke:rolleyes:I had all the wet ings in and then when I looked back, the wet was on the counter. It does not have a detachable blade so there is no reason for the leak. I will get dh to look at it I guess.

It was D3 from STS. A sub for L&G since I just subbed that one for leaner legs. All in all, I good workout today. I forget how hard those endurance STS workouts are...Whew wee. But done for the weekend and a great week of workouts behind me.

Better go get the oatmeal before I mess that up too! LOL
TTYL

Oh no, Rachel! A broken blender! My old one used to do that if I didn't screw the blade on so tight that I couldn't possibly get it back off for cleaning.... But if yours doesn't detatch,then I wonder if a new one is in order? Way to go on STS! A friend of mine just got STS after hearing me rave about it! Where's my comission! LOL! She loves it, even got the STS cardio too!

I'm gearing up for 30 min of low max followed by tris and bi'c slow and heavy.... I can do it! I can do it! And I will feel so accomplished when I'm finished! LOL!

Soccer was fun for ds. He sure isn't into the winning, just into the having fun part :rolleyes: But he had a great time and the kids kept us out late last night for the after soccer dinner...

Dh finally got a wed MRI date. So at least we know it's in the books now! Now we just have to wait and see.

Jo, nice job, getting all your homework done and the tests too! You are such a hard worker! What's for workout for you?

Good Morning! I am still waking up low on energy so I think I might go do 4DS LIS and see how that works for me. I hate it when I wake up tired! So this cold isn't that bad but still robbing me of my exuberant vitality! LOL!

Rachel, I think you need a new blender! Don't you love D3? It makes you remember how hard STS really is! LOL! You'll probably be feeling that one later.

Cendrine, YES! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Love that S&H workout! You're stronger by the minute! Glad DH got his appt!

Kim, did you get any sleep? ;)

Okay, I'm off to see if I can get through a workout!

Okay dotodo...I did all of LIS: step, shoulders, calves and abs! I FEEL GOOD! Energy to spare! It's a glorious day in the neighborhood! :D:eek::cool::p

I'm off to the shower and then laundry awaits me...

TTYL!

Wow what a day yall are having. I am super siked for you both. Now we have all had great workouts today. That is about as far as I have gotten. My MIL came over for a visit and then I just lounged on the couch watching DIY all day:eek:. I really got sucked in. Everytime I was going to do something they would show a preview for something I thought I would like to see and then another 30min. was gone. Oh well, I will be productive tomorrow:p

Cendrine-Finally on dh's MRI. I know how it is just relieving to know you are in line.And yes I think we should get gift certificates if our friends get STS due to our suggestions.LOL Wouldn't that be great?

Jo-You are so smart!;) Wow to go on knowing you aced the tests. I think you are right on the blender. I will just add it to the list!:D

Kim-How was the party? I bet you are super tired!

Oh yea Jo I forgot...Didn't you say you liked the 'Outlander' series? I am thinking about reading it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.