~~~>STS 6 Month Alumni Sept. 5th<~~~

cendrine

Cathlete
Hi Girls,

I'm just about to get started on my workout, so I just came to start the new thread for the week.
I hope you guys all have a great Sunday!
I'm going to do High Step Challenge again, this time, I'll try to do as much of the cardio segments as I can with low impact modifications to work off some of that pie I had yesterday....LOL!:rolleyes:

Good Morning! I'm up, having my coffee and trying to decide what workout to do. I stayed up too late last night (1:00) and so I woke up tired. Whah! My own fault. Well, no hurry doing anything today.

Cendrine, your day yesterday sounds wonderful! Yum! on the pears, lunch and PIE! LOL! I'm thinking I might go do High Step Challenge too. I haven't done that in ages.

Hi Rachel! Kim, hope you're having a good time!

BBL!

Happy Belated Birthday, Cendrine!

I can not believe how busy it got around here! Well we went to the flea market. Got there at 9 and stayed till 5 and still did not see everything! We go once a yr. but this is the first time I think I have stayed so long. The weather was just perfect so it was easy to stay!. Plus there was no crowd at all. I think that was because we went on a Friday instead of the normal Saturday. We walked our butts off! But I think we needed to considering the brisket sandwich and butter pecan waffle cone that I might have had!:D:rolleyes:

Then Saturday turned into a big thing at a friend of ours. It was kind of unexpected. Then Sunday we had to help my MIL. She is moving, Again!:rolleyes: So we had to load up the tractor and go about an hr from here and go a little dirt work for her. Also unexpected. :rolleyes:

I started the Sept. rotation today with SJP. I am pretty sure I have never done that whole thing either. What a fun workout!

Now I have to get my breakfast in. I will BBL for personals! Promise!!!!;)

Oh my gosh Cendrine, I didn't wish you Happy Birthday! So here's my official birthday wish for you: Happy Birthday and may it be a great year! :D

Well I think I slept too long and I woke up tired! I hate that! LOL!

So besides doing a lot of psychology reading yesterday (it's interesting but dry!), DH and I went for a drive and had lunch at a little remote airport out in the country. Then we went next door and met our new neighbors (I took them a nice chrysanthimum (sp?)). Anyway, they just moved here from northern CA and have 3 darling kids agest 2, 4 & 7.

Rachel, we missed you but sounds like you have been having a busy fulfilling weekend! Yes, isn't SJP fun fun fun? I love the music in that workout!

Okay, I think I'm going to going do PUB.

Talk to you later!

I did an uphill pyramid walk today and I think I overworked, I'm feeling off a bit, not in the back, just all over....:( So, am trying to take it easy.

Rachel, I am amazed to hear how long you stayed at the Flea Market! Wow? So did you find anything to take home other than the yummy food in your tummy...?:p

Jo, sorry to hear the reading is a bit dry.... I guess that's how it goes sometimes.... You taking flowers to your new neighbors made me think I have to get going on ours. Still haven't seen them, but I have seen a car parked out front.... I haven't had any neighbor yet, and we've had new ones every couple of years, who have come and introduced themselves to us, we always have to go over there and break the ice....:rolleyes: I would totally go say hi to everyone first week, if I was a new neighbor, but I guess that's just me...LOL!

Well, off to rest some...

Happy Belated Birthday Cendrine!! Hope you had a great day! What a fun day you had picking pears! What are you going to do with them all?? Hope you get some rest time in today.

Jo It's good to hear that you moved in the fourth grade and everything went well. I think I'm more anxious than the kids about starting a new school. I'm trying not to make them nervous:confused: Don't worry about doing shorter workouts, you have a lot on your plate right now. What a nice way to greet your new neighbours. We met our neighbours at our new house, the ones with the Dukes of Hazard car. Well we only meet her, she seemed very nice and even invited us in for coffee but we declined as we were headed out to the lake.

Rachael Isn't SJP a great workout! It's one of my favourites! Today I did Leaner Legs. What a busy weekend that you had!

Tomorrow school starts but today dd has a short "meet the teacher" (just from 9am-9:30am) That's because the school is a middle school Grade 5-8 and she is in Grade 5. They have the Grade 5's come for the half hour a day early before all the "big" kids are they just to meet teachers, bring in school supplies, find their classrooms etc. DH offered to take her to that. So I started my short day of work today but I don't have to drive kids to school so I lots of time this morning to do Leaner Legs and catch up with you ladies. After work I have another eye appt, they sure do keep a close watch on things after the laser surgery. It sure will be nice not to come home and have to work out.

OMG...I am telling you I totally thought that I would have a lot of down time yesterday but it turned into another whirl wind day. After DH got up he decided he wanted to work on the gutters on the mr so we had to go to the hardware store for all the supplies and then when we got home it was right to work. Then our friends called and wanted to cook out...Here:rolleyes:. They are on vacation this week and know we are always on vacation these days;). So we worked on the gutters and my dad came for a visit and then they cam and didn't go home till 11 something. I thought about writing then but then I figured no one else would be awake to read any of it so I waited till this morning. I really am anticipating a much calmer day today since we are having rain:D

I did legs and glutes today. I realized I don't have leaner legs so now I will have to find something to sub on Saturday, since that was going to be legs and glutes. Maybe one of the endurance workouts from sts.

Cendrine-The pear picking sounds great! The weather seemed a little hot but other than that what a fun way to spend the day. Did you mention what type of pie that was?:p I hope you are feeling better today.
As far as the flea market goes, I found lots of stuff but I only came home with 2 pieces of cypress wood. There is this man that lives in southern Louisianna, that goes to Lake Ponchatrane (sp) and digs in the lake for them. They have been there forever but were disturbed during the hurricanes that hit there. I am not quiet sure what I will do with them:rolleyes:

Kim-I think it is so neat that your ds took dd to meet the teacher. That is so sweet!
It is good that the drs. keep an eye on you eyes!;) It is good to hear how thorough they are. I think my brother is thinking about having it done sometime in the future and it will be interesting to see if his experience with it is similar to yours.
How did you like working out in the morning. I guess I will need to ask tomorrow since that is the day you have to really get up.

Jo-How neighborly! So how close are these neighbors? I have a picture in my mind about what your place kind of looks like but I am sure it is all wrong. You know just piecing it together from the things you have told us. But in my minds eye I don't picture anything too close to you.
The dinner at the airport sounds nice. I love getting out of the normal routine.

Well I think I am going to do some light straightening around here today and enjoy the rain out.
TTYL

I decided to start my month with the slow and heavy series before doing GS, maybe I can work up to more strenght that way, and I know form is easier for me when it's slow. So it was legs and shoulders today. I'm still a bit tired... we have this new newspaper delivery person who drives a car that has been worked on, for lack of better words, it is very loud, and you can hear him on every street in the neighborhood until he leaves the community... before I get up and I can't get back to sleep....Quite annoying. I don't know which newspaper he delivers, there are two main newspapers here, so don't know which one. A couple of weeks ago it got a little bit quieter, because I think someone complained and he put a muffler on, but you know, it's still loud enough to wake me up....:rolleyes: I wonder if your association could do something about this.... they could make themselves useful LOL!

Kim, I'm glad you got a chance to meet one of the neighbors and she seems nice! That is a good start! I hope all is on schedule with your eyes and I also hope your kids have a wonderful start at the new school as well as you have an easy transition to your new routine!

Oh, and thanks for all the birthday wishes!

Rachel, I'll be interested to hear what you are going to do with the wood! The pie- here's the detailed info: we were going to get the apple cherry, somehow I thought it was going to be sweet dark cherry not red tart cherry. Well it was the latter and it was sort of artificial tasting, not much to my liking. Dh decided to let the kids have it (turns out dd does not care for it either....LOL) So we got a rhubarb strawberry as well and that one is really really yummy. Dh also bought some pie cookies, basically what it is they roll out the left over crust dough and cut out cookies shapes top it with cinnamon sugar and bake. Very good too, but very bad, as you can imagine! LOL
The pears, I think I will mostly make pear crisp out of it, but the kids also want to dry some in the dehydrator to see what it will turn out like. We cut up some to have with yoghurt and granola for breakfast and that was really good too.

Jo, waving to you!

Cendrine, I have done that with pie crust before and you are right...definitely yummy, but not nice to the hips at all. They are my kind of cookies. Not too sweet. I really liked the slow and heavy last week. I felt very accomplished after I got through them all so I think you will too.

I have pretty much just frustrated myself to no end today trying to figure out how to decorate the walls in my living room. :mad: It is so irritating when you see all these concepts you like but none of them fit the area you are trying to fix. Oh well surely one day it will come to me! I am trying to keep the positive thinking going!

Other than that it has been a pretty light day around here. It just seems like the days are flying by.
I think tomorrow is Step blast so I am going to try for the 8 in step height.:eek: I am sure I will be laying on the floor again.LOL

Hello to Kim and Jo.
TTYT

Okay...where do I start?

I woke up this morning...SICK! Are you kidding me? I was really tired yesterday and the roof of my mouth felt funny...not sore, more like something from my sinuses (like the air is getting there too fast). Then I got suspicious last night but thought NAW I haven't been around anyone who's sick. Sure enough I've got a cold! My nose is running like a faucet - it came on really fast! So...I must have picked this up at the grocery store or something because I haven't been around anyone who's sick. Okay, fast forward to 9:00 - I left to go for my appt with the gastro Dr in Seattle. Bottom-line, yes I have gallstones and he's recommending my gallbladder come out, BUT that's not my problem. He thinks it's esophogus (sp?) related. Which is kind of weird cuz I kept telling DH yesterday I didn't feel like this is my gallbladder. So they did blood work today and then next week they are going to do an endoscopy where the go down my throat and look around. He said we'll take care of this issue then talk about my gallbladder. He said I should have it out but I've obviously been managing it for years so we can discuss.

Then, I went to work (didn't get there until 12:30) and had a major employee issue I had to deal with as I'm trying to blow my nose over and over and over! I was at work until 6:00 and then came home as I had to get an assignment turned in (no spinning this night for this girl). So this is the first chance I've had to post! So, hopefully I'll get a decent night sleep and I'll get caught up tomorrow! I know, we all have these me me me posts and feel bad about it - and I do! Today would have been totally okay if my nose wasn't running. Oh and it was running enough the cold medicine wasn't working much! Okay, I'm going to bed and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

I'm actually in a good mood for what I accomplished today in spite of it all! :p:D:eek:

Oh, and I really liked the gastro Dr!

((HUGS)) Jo! What a terrible day!! Hope today is much better for you. I'm glad that you felt comfortable with the doctor, hopefully he will be able to get you feeling better.

Step blast done this morning. Got to get kids up and off to the first day of school. They're nervous about the new school and I'm nervous about the drive (will I make it to work in time:confused:) Very different routine for us.

I'm going to play the song "Back to School", it's from the movie Grease 2 real loud to wake them up. They'll hate that:p:p:p

Oh Jo, that is just horrible. So you do not think the pain is from your gallbladder? The cold is just some icing on your cake, right? I am glad you are in a good mood in spite of it all! Don't you worry about the me me me post. Sometimes you just need to talk and don't have time or energy for the rest. We listen here too!;)

This morning it was step blast for me too. So we are on the same day for right now, Kim. I don't know but I must have got that one confused with another one that I did recently where I was supposed to use the 8in step. So needless to say, I did not. I stuck to the program and was super proud because I was really huffing and puffing by the end and I still went all the way.

Nothing else yet for the day.

Kim-We used to do the opposite to my parents on Christmas morning. I can not remember the song but I remember it said..."King of Kings..Halleluja (sp) Anyhow it was very loud! I hope the rest of the morning goes smooth for you!

Cendrine-Hope the day is great for you so far. What was the workout for the day?

Ok off to get the day started...kind of late!:eek:

No workout for me today. I got woken up by the newspaper delivery at 4:15 and could not go back to sleep, which really should have just made me get up and do my tm walk, but I was just vegging.... Well and then I started my cycle and decided to not push myself today, since lately I've had more issues during my . So I decided to make it a rest day. So far so good, my body, I think is happy for the break....
School is done, even though both kids stayed up late last night because they took a nap during the day, and you know how that goes, they really needed it but then they were not sleepy at bedtime and of course still wake up at the same time in the morning as usual....:rolleyes: But, their attitude was good.

Dh came home last night from Taekwondo with a hurt foot, so bad he's limping, not sure what it is, but he can go see a foot dr this afternoon. I hope it's an easy fix!

Kim, how did the kids like the wakeup call? LOL! Good job getting your morning workout done! How was the drive?

Jo, so sorry to hear about your runny nose! What a drag on top of everything else! Did you ask your dr what he thought about that recipe to cure the stones naturally? Have you tried that yet? I would like your dr too, since he seems to not just find one thing wrong (stones) and stop looking. I hope whatever the issue is with the esophagus will be an easy thing to remedy, not wishing to be in your shoes for the look see!

Rachel, nice work doing your workout so well, too!
It's raining here today and we are all cold....:rolleyes: How's it where you are? You just had rain too, didn't you?

Well Cendrine, Tropical storm Hermes Pretty much had a rain band right beside us the whole day yesterday but it never rained here really. Just some sprinkles and lots of clouds. We just got a pretty good little shower but nothing to really cheer about. I think we are 10 in below our normal right now. Ick! I like things when they are more normal but I guess it is just the cycle of things.

Well our mr is officially complete. We really should be celebrating but I think we are too tired! lol DH put the finishing touches on the trim today. For this particular part he used some pretty thick rope as the trim. I really will make an album. I just have to have time to take the pictures and have time to post them. Our internet is satellite as yall know and it isn't the fastest for sure. But I will do it. Just let me get all the little things around here done!;)

We got the Indian doors hung today and they look even better than I pictured them. Its sad that the mr will look better than the rest of the house for a while until I can find some things to rival those door. they are just too cool.

It is about time for dinner. It is going to be pepper steak tonight. More peppers than steak for me but I am sure dh won't mind mopping up the leftovers!;)
TTYT

DD woke up in tears this morning she was so nervous about the new school! But when I picked them up she was fine, seems to have gone well. She said she made a friend but doesn't know her name. DS seems to know kids (especially girls) from facebook:confused::confused:. I saw 3 different girls greet him by name and when I asked dd about it, she said he knew them from facebook:confused::confused: Very strange.

Of course dd forgot her runners at the cottage so we had to stop after school to buy new running shoes for my athlete of the year.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your mr Rachael! Are you substituting something for the run in tomorrow's workout?

Cendrine Good job on listening to your body and taking a rest day when you need. Hope DH's foot is nothing serious.

You had me laughing on your comment about running shoes for your athlete of the year, Kim! I'm glad dd came home feeling the day went well. My ds is constantly making friends and then he comes home and has no idea what their names were! Minor detail to kids, I guess....:rolleyes: How your ds met those girls on facebook, that's scary....:eek: but so teenage-like, isn't it? I'm not in a rush for those years...

Rachel, congrats on the mudroom and don't feel sad about the rest of your house, you just aren't done with that part yet and the floor is gorgeous, I'm sure! You'll figure it out, enjoy the process, don't stress. Sometimes I just sit and look at the area to be improved and do nothing for a long time...LOL! Inspiration will hit when the time's right!

Dh came home with a 'boot' on his foot. dr thinks he tore a ligament, but won't be sure until they can get him in for an MRI. Dh thinks the ligament was already in trouble before and this just made it worse, he says it has been bothering him before. Apparently he has bone splinters in his feet that dr will deal with once this ligament thing is taken care of.... Dh knew he had some banged up feet for a long time, I guess he just was dealing with it. He's supposed to keep the boot on 24/7 until they know more.... Such a bummer. He really enjoyed getting back into exercise. I'm hoping it can be fixed without surgery. Do you know what the chances are of that, Kim?

Sorry for the later checkin today. I had a hair day with a friend of mine and I just ran out of time this morning. It's weird though because I got my . ,(like how you put that Cendrine;)) , and I was woke up pretty early. I though I was going to skip my workout but the longer I was up the better I felt. Yes Kim, I subbed the cardio from cardio and weights which is so fun to me and then I did do the abs that were on schedule. All and all I was pretty proud considering how I felt when I woke up:rolleyes:

So now hair is done for a while and I am home. It's raining so hair got wet but I wasn't going anywhere anyway so no biggie.

Kim-So far I am really liking this rotation. I was wondering for next week do you think they meant the cardio and weights on the 4DS days. That is kind of how I was figuring it but wondered what you thought?
I am glad dd's day turned out better than she seemed to anticipate. She looks like such a sweet girl that I am sure she will have no problem at all making friends. First day at a new school is tough though , I'm sure.
My niece just got ungrounded from her fb. She was grounded for a month. My brother and his wife watch her pretty closely on there and they thought her friends were getting a little old.:confused: She was warned and then she was grounded! Kids now have access to so much more you have to keep up with.

Cendrine-Poor dh. I know he was enjoying the Taekwondo with ds. So is he sitting it out for while? I guess he is a lesson to all of us though, to really listen to our bodies and our injuries! I am stubborn like that though. I always think I can work through it.
Thanks for the pep talk about the decorating. I go through bouts of impatience. Sometimes I could care less and then there are those other times that I just want it all back to normal around here. I think when I get closer to knowing I am running out of free time, I start freaking.

Jo-I hope you are feeling well today.

Better be off.

S&H back and chest today. I feel like I could handle heavier weights for these muscles but am kind of worried of having bad form setting up, once in position I think I could handle it.... I guess I'll play it safe. No rush after all, right? I'm gonna do this series again next week, maybe I can use wristweights to up slowly.

It looks like you guys are all busy today, I hope it's good busy! Jo, hopefully your sniffles are gone or on the way out by now. Dh is feeling flu like himself, but he's not sure if it is because of the drugs he's taking for his tendon thing. Anyway, he's not a happy camper, and I wish I could do something to help him feel better. Isn't it tough when there's nothing you can do except comiserate....

We are starting up our weekly park day today and so I have to go hustle and do my menuplan and shopping list, since I won't be having time later....

BBL

we posted right at the same time, Rachel! LOL!
I love the cardio and weights cardio, it's very fun, I wonder if I could modify it enough to do it. Hmmm maybe I'll go preview and think about that if I have time before tomorrow's cardio.
Facebook grounding.... times are changing, aren't they? :eek::confused: Good for them to watch your niece so carefully! I intend to do the same when the time comes.

I've been tired this week, I think my body needs to get used to a different routine. I did the 45 minute run and the Ab Circuits weights/plates workout this mornig. I pushed myself on the run and felt kind of sick so ended up sitting out alot of the reps on the abs.

The kids want to go early tomorrow for running club so will be tight to fit in KPC but I'm going to try. I guess I'll end up at work early since I'm not driving back home.

Cendrine Very wise of you to take the weightlifting slowly!! Hope you had fun at the park, did the rain stop?? About the ligament, it will probably depend if it was a partial or full tear. If it's a partial tear, immobilizing the foot for a few weeks would hopefully do the trick, if it's fully torn it probably will need repaired. Your poor DH, ligament tears are painful! The most important thing about ligament rehab is to get them tight/well healed as they support the joint. Without good support the joint can easily be injured. It may take a long time to get fully rehab/be immobilized and patients will get stiff and lose strength which can be frustrating but it's more important to get that ligament tight and the stiffness/weakness can be worked on later. Surgery will often quicken the rehab as the ligament is sewn together instead of waiting for it to scar together. Will he get the MRI soon??

Rachael Yeah, for getting that workout in! I just assumed she meant the cardio and weights from 4DS, I think she would have posted cardio only if that was what she wanted. LOL on the fb grounding, good for them!! Life has changed hasn't it. I think what happened, is that some kids noticed a new kids' name on the class list and started asking their friends if they knew who it was. My nephew goes to that school and posted a picture of ds and so the kids recognized him when he arrived. I monitor ds's fb closely and never saw any contact from people we didn't know.

Jo I sure hope you're feeling better!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.