STS 2.0 Standing Abs Core+Floor & Foam Rolling Lower Body

BlakKat

Cathlete
I'm catching up on my Cathe Live until the user's guide is released. But since I did Holy Hamstrings Live today, I threw these 2 on at end and so glad I did because that Live class was a tough one! I really enjoyed this ab workout as Cathe incorporates a weighted plate (or you can use a dumbbell). I have been loving Cathe's barbell weight set as my old one did not have handles on the plates. She starts with standing exercises using a 10 lb. plate. You will use legs very lightly and shoulders briefly. I felt it in my shoulders but not for long; it's totally do-able. Finish the routine with floor exercises. Cathe & crew are using a rag for a slider and the weight is placed on top of the rag (sliding mermaids). I tried placing the weight on top of my Cathe discs but it didn't sit right since they are not flat and then I realized I have carpet so I didn't need a slider for those exercises, I just used the plate on the carpet and it slid perfectly. So I assume if you don't have carpet then you would be better using a rag than the disc. I loved the leg & weight extension and the plank push/pull w/weight, I really felt those 2 most in my core.

I have always had lower back issues and my glutes are always tight. I find that when I foam roll my glutes every day it also helps my lower back feel better. I was so excited to do this one as I always wanted Cathe to make a foam roller routine, so I wasn't just doing it on my own. Cathe guides you through each lower body part as she explains how to do it and angles, etc. My calves are also very tight but I never roll them because just like Cathe says, it's not fun & it's kind of painful sometimes. I found my calves were painful to roll and they are a little sore now, but feel so much looser already! I was surprised that my inner thighs even felt it. Not a lot of time is spent on each part so this is a nice add-on to a workout or just by itself. As usual, Cathe explains everything extremely well and gives options. Can't wait to do them both again as well as the other workouts. These two did not disappoint; thank you Cathe!

No equipment abs is ok, just a bit harder for me. I love the bent knee in situps (she did those in a fairly recent Live Core workout.-where you bring one knee in as you sit up, the other and then both) and a few of the others. I just skip over the ones that cause me grief!
I see what you mean ... No Equipment Abs = No Joke! This is the toughest of the 4 for me ... there are some advanced moves in there! .... something to work up to ....:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.