Stretching workouts

I can say ditto on the Karen Voight recommendation. I think she is great! Three other DVDs I have of hers are worth looking into. They are, "Stretch and Core Conditioning" which is an outdoor setting, however it is chaptered- a total of 45 min. I like it because I just do the first and last chapters for a 25 min stretch.( you can hit "play all") She has a DVD "Yoga Power " which is NOT filmed outdoors, but one segment I like to do often is the 20 min. "Yoga for Stretch" segment which is mostly trunk and lower body stretch. ( I LOVE this short stretch and it includes a quad /hip-flexor stretch that I have not EVER done before and is awesome ! It is not really Yoga-y.) The third one is a 50 min. workout "Pilates for Abdominals and Back". This is also not outdoors, and it does include some core work and superman stuff, but mostly it is stretching. I have had this DVD for over 10 years and when I do that DVD, I always feel taller, she really stretches your spine out - I love it! ( At the and of that DVD she says something like " you are nice and tall now, so keep your good posture throughout the day...)

I like the Donna Flagg Lastics DVD too, but I only do that one on days when I want more than a stretch- it really is a "workout " too. You are really working the muscles opposing the ones you are stretching.

I have Cathe's Stretch Max and Total Body Stretching- of those 2 I reach for TBS much more often. If I have the time I do the 1st and 3rd segments for a 26 min great stretch.

I know none of these meet all the requirements you are looking for, but they are good ones.

One other thing I do on some of Cathe's DVDs is I have a pause button on my DVD player that lets me play a DVD at 0.6 the speed. So, Cathe's voice sounds a little funny, but when I want to hold my stretches longer than she does, that helps a lot.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.