Strength Suggestions?

kath8088

I have never done a Cathe video (mostly because I don't do step), but I read so many rave reviews about her strength videos- I am now addicted to this forum! I was wondering what strength tape you guys recommend for someone who is an avid exerciser, but would like to tone an already big rear and gain some muscle up top to balance out that offending derriere? My workouts presently consist of 4 days cardio (running 3, spinning 1) one-hour session with a personal trainer(total body) and two other strength days. I haven't quite figured out what to do on those days- upper one, lower another? The MIS tape sounds great, but I was wondering about the PS tapes. What do you suggest? Also, what size weights do you all have?

Strength tapes

Hi! I really think you can't go wrong with any of Cathe's strength tapes. Actually, you can get a great volume discount if you get MIS and all of the PS tapes!
happy.gif
MIS is a great total body workout that lasts 1 hour and 15 minutes total. It hits all of the major muscle groups hard. When you're doing a MIS rotation, you'd probably want to do it twice a week. Its focus is some strength but mostly endurance. The PS series is more focused on strength, with some endurance exercises as well. The legs tape is an hour long, and the upper body tapes are between 40 and 45 minutes. When I'm doing a PS rotation I'll do each of the tapes once a week, with an optional lighter total body workout towards the end of the week. I usually combine the upper body tapes with about 30 minutes of cardio.

As far as what weights to get--ideally, you would want dumbbells of various weights and a barbell. Lots of people get by with just dumbbells by modifying some of the exercises. I have dumbbell pairs in every weight from 3 lbs. up to 20, and I have a single 25. I use a barbell as well, but I'm an equipment junkie!
happy.gif
Hope this helps!

Kristin

A big ditto on Kristins comments

I would go with both as well. Like Kristin pointed out, MIS gives you a little more endurance and PS focuses more on..pure strength
wink.gif
. Having both will allow you to mix things up a bit and keep the muscles guessing.

I have had great success in the style of strength that Cathe uses in her videos. Even if I am at the gym, my workouts are pretty much formed around the format of the PS series. This allows me to easily change from the gym machines and weights there to the tapes and stuff I have at home.

As far as slimming the rear...from one big butt to another
wink.gif
, I recently was able to break out of a platea I had been stuck at for a while and whittled a little more off of my rear...mostly due to focusing on cross-training activities. I tend to be a very routine person and hate change but forced myself into not only adding new cardio but at different times of the day. It seems to have done the trick. I try to do 3 different activities in each week.

Let us know how you make out with the strength stuff! Can we talk you into trying step?? Or is it something you just aren't interested in? There are some really great step workouts out there
wink.gif

nancy:O)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.