Steve Irwin Memorial

wkoutmom

Cathlete
I know that there are some out there who are not fans of Steve Irwin, but those of us who are...Did you get to see the memorial at the zoo? So tearjerking :( .

Lea

It was a lovely memorial to a remarkable man - a beautiful celebration of his life and work. It must be an extremely difficult time for his family but hopefully they will find some comfort in knowing how many lives he touched and enhanced.

Meg

I haven't seen the memorial but I was a fan of his. I really liked that show. There was only one thing he did that bothered me but hey, we are not all perfect right? It's such a sad thing and I still can not believe that he gone...;(

I missed it but did hear a soundbite this morning on Fox News. I was so impressed with his daughter. Her words definitely did not match her age. I pray that the family will pull together during this horrible time.

DH and I watched it last night and both were crying! It is so wonderful what he has done. I was amazed at all the people who were there and my heart went out to his wife and kids. Their daddy is a hero. I still can't believe how it happened... ;(

Discovery.com maybe? I thought I saw it on the satellite last night but I missed it. I am sure that it will be one again.

i missed the first airing of it at 9 so i stayed up till 12 to watch it. i am still in shock by this, so i cannot even imagine what his family and friends are feeling right now. the part in the service that really got me, and has been heaviest on my mind was when his father said "do not grieve for steve, but rather grieve for the animals. they have lost their best friend". every time i think of those words, i get tears in my eyes. i am so sad for his family, but they are strong and i know they will go on. but the animals that he cared for and protected have lost such a warrior for their cause. i believe that terri and his children will carry on his life's work. it is sad that his children will not be able to be taught directly by him as they grow into their future roles as conservationist.

as so many said last night, the world is a better place because steve irwin was a part of it.

I missed it. Does anyone know if it's going to be replayed soon? Animal Planet is playing a lot of his old shows. I can't believe he's gone. :(

Pinky

I'm not sure if it will be replayed, but apparently good ol' Barbara Walters has secured an interview with both Bindi and Steve's wife Teri, it's meant to be screened next Wednesday...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.