Step moves - ;)

krassymira

Cathlete
Today I did Step Moves for n-th time and I loved it as usual! It just makes me feel so good!
I think Cathe should rename this workout to Rrra-ta-ta!
It always cracks me up when she says it :)
Krasy

Today I did Step Moves for n-th time and I loved it as usual! It just makes me feel so good!
I think Cathe should rename this workout to Rrra-ta-ta!
It always cracks me up when she says it :)
Krasy

Same here - I have been going to this workout regularly just to feel good and relieve stress. Lots of fun!

I too love this workout. It is a great pick me up. I love it even more now that I got the triple feet move down. That was a bit frustrating in the beginning :eek:.

Kristin

This is my least favorite workout in the shock cardio series and step is my favorite type of workout. I was able to get the choreography after 2 tries but it just doesn't get my heart rate up and in my opinion it doesn't flow well. There are very few workouts of Cathe's that I dislike but this is one I don't feel I will use.

I, too, do not enjoy this workout. I usually LOVE Cathe's step workouts. Somehow the cueing seems a tad slow in this one. Cathe's cueing is usually right on, but this one seems off. Sure like Atheletic Step though.

I'm trying not to do it too much - afraid I'll wear it out! Love the fun factor with this! Great steady state cardio ....

I love this workout! I've only done it a few times now - I'm doing STS with SC so I have to vary my SC workouts accordingly, but I love it every time. It probably is good I am doing SC rotation - otherwise I would probably do this one all the time! I am always happy to get another Cathe step workout!

I'm enjoying Step Moves as well and did it tonight before Squeeze Stronger Upper Body & Waist Premix. I love the choreography and the non lengthy descriptions. I actually like having it thrown at me b/c once I gt it down it's more like a fun class and I don't have to listen to a break down or do a break down over and over again. This one is a hit for me!

It took me a while to get that 3rd combo...about 4 tries. Now I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! It has become my "go to" cardio when I don't know what to do. It makes me smile the whole time I'm doing it. Its just plain FUN!
~Renee

Hi All! Glad most of you are enjoying Step Moves (and appreciate your post even if you are not quite liking it). This choreography was a little different than some of my other step workouts. The combo's had areas that were harder to break down the way I would in my typical fashion causing me to have to throw out large chunks at a time. Knowing that Athletic Step didn't do that put me more at ease at leaving this one as is. Sometimes you just have to "step" out of the box and do things a little differently. Glad you are having fun with it :)

Hi All! Glad most of you are enjoying Step Moves (and appreciate your post even if you are not quite liking it). This choreography was a little different than some of my other step workouts. The combo's had areas that were harder to break down the way I would in my typical fashion causing me to have to throw out large chunks at a time. Knowing that Athletic Step didn't do that put me more at ease at leaving this one as is. Sometimes you just have to "step" out of the box and do things a little differently. Glad you are having fun with it :)

This is the first one I did when I received your SC series! I had to really concentrate and replay it over until I got, it, but, it was worth it! I haven't actually done it many times(because it doesn't show up in the rotation much), so, I don't do it perfect, but, I don't get behind or confused, and keep going 'til the end.
I actually like having it not broken down so much, because I know if I replay it a lot in the beginning until I learn it, then it will get easier each time(and it has).
I don't get tired doing the workout, but, I sweat buckets! Isn't that weird? This is right up being one of my favorite step workouts -- it's so much fun, Cathe!

Last edited:
Step Moves is one of my favorite workouts of the STS Cardio series.

If you think you can't get a good heartrate, why don't you try an 8" riser?

Yah, that's a good idea! I will try that next time:)

Hey Linda,

I saw some other people who said that they could not get a good heartrate with Step Moves.

I am not fit enough to use an 8 inch riser, but when I did the workout earlier this week it dawned on me that none of the routines would be unsafe if a person used an 8 inch riser.

I think the heartrate would be right up there, especially for a taller person.

Hey Linda,

I saw some other people who said that they could not get a good heartrate with Step Moves.

I am not fit enough to use an 8 inch riser, but when I did the workout earlier this week it dawned on me that none of the routines would be unsafe if a person used an 8 inch riser.

I think the heartrate would be right up there, especially for a taller person.

Hi Amy:
I don't add the risers normally, because I am usually too tired to, so this is a perfect one to do it with;). When I have added a riser in the past, it works some different muscles, so, I get the extra benefit of DOMS that I don't usually get during step workouts. I can't remember exactly where the DOMS were, but, I think it was my hip flexors! I think I will try this Friday or Sunday when my next Cardio is scheduled.

I may modify the straddle/cross/ball change(sp?), 'coz I might trip there! ( Actually, I don't know if I correctly described that.)

Thanks again for the good idea!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.