step height for Imax?

I always use 8" for Cathe vids (I'm 5'4"). This may sound crazy but I find 8" is energizing. When I do 6" I feel my workout is more lethargic (okay this may be phsycological) - 8" has always been perfect for me.

Hi Christine

I use an 8" step for Imax but then I use 8" for all my step tapes. I am 5'6" and I think that makes a difference.

Kim

I used 8" for a long time, but injured myself. When I came back I "started" with 6" and never looked back. The 6" gives me a great workout...after all, you can add intensity into any workout if you want to. I enjoy it more because I can do tricky moves & higher intensity without constantly worrying that I will trip or fall. Everyone's different, of course. I'm in awe of people who use 10".
I have noticed on many of the newer step workouts that a lot of people are lowering their steps to 6".

Don't feel bad Jammin'. :) I also use a 4" for IMax and get a great workout. I'm 5'11" and think I'm in great shape. I used to feel embarrassed for using a 4" step for Cathe videos, but why? Like someone else said, it's not a competition. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.