Step 360--I think I must have!

I keep hoping that you're step 360 has arrived and you've had the chance to use it so you can post a review. Hee hee, it feels a little like when we are waiting for clips or new cathe workouts to be shipped out...I know I am not giving you much time, I just am really interested in your feedback. NOT that I need another workout toy.

I went to Sports Authority last night after my 1st TRX class and saw they have the step 360! It was on the floor (next to a BOSU) and I gave it a try. Wow, I really like it!! It was ~$145 I think...yowsa. If I can get free shipping collage video would be the way to go.

They also had the Tour de France indoor bike I have been dreaming about ($1900)...yup, will remain a dream.

I am even more interested to hear how doing Cathe's step routines works with the Step 360. I LOVE step, but my knee started bothering me from doing step so I have really cut down on it, but perhaps this would allow me to do step without pain?

I went to Sports Authority last night after my 1st TRX class and saw they have the step 360! It was on the floor (next to a BOSU) and I gave it a try. Wow, I really like it!! It was ~$145 I think...yowsa. If I can get free shipping collage video would be the way to go.

They also had the Tour de France indoor bike I have been dreaming about ($1900)...yup, will remain a dream.

I am even more interested to hear how doing Cathe's step routines works with the Step 360. I LOVE step, but my knee started bothering me from doing step so I have really cut down on it, but perhaps this would allow me to do step without pain?

I got it from HSN for $99 & free shipping. :) Still hasn't arrived but should be here any day. I'm curious, how did you like the TRX class? I got the system for home & I'm still wrestling w/it--I mostly have trouble adjusting the length quickly & so it stays in position. It drives me crazy!

But I love the system itself & when I do get it right I can feel the core burn. I'm actually envisioning using the Step 360 more w/the suspension training than for cardio (I am a Rebecca Small junkie & I'm not sure if her workouts will be do-able on this thing b/c of the size, but I'm thinking it'll work really well w/Low Max & some of Cathe's other DVDs that I haven't been able to use b/c of the pain from the impact)>

Anyway, I'll probably try it Sat w/the TRX, & Monday w/a step workout, so look for my review next Mon. :cool:

Cool, I will look for your review on Monday.

I have now had 2 TRX classes, both were the same principal. The instructor has 8 different TRX's hanging up, adjusted for 8 different exercises, plus 2 cardio exercises that we do outside of the studio. We do each of the 10 exercises for 1 minute with very little rest in between, 3x, with running steps after the 1st or 2nd set.

She isn't very creative with the moves and she doesn't give instruction on the moves very well, either, unfortunately. I would rather have a little more time to perfect the moves and also it would be nice to have more variety for class selection - instead of the same type of class. But I got unlimited TRX classes with her for a month for $50 - so I will try to get my money's worth. Of course she doesn't make her money from these kind of deals and it seems obvious to me that she is a bit annoyed with the people who attend her classes on this kind of pass, vs. the students who pay $18/class.

I really want a TRX, too, which is why I thought I would take these classes so I can decide if it would be a good investment. How do you attach yours? Do you work out with dvds?

I haven't done any workouts by the person you mentioned, I do love complicated step choreography - I LOVE Cathe's Rythmic Step. Is that the kind of step workout Rebecca does?

I have used my BOSU for Low Max and it worked well. -I tried it with Rhythmic Step when I was learning it and I found it tricky with the BOSU. I wonder if it would work now that I have done RS a lot more.

I was surprised how big the step 360 is, it made the BOSU next to it look small. But it felt really good stepping on it.

Looking forward to reading your review! Thanks!

- sarah

Cool, I will look for your review on Monday.

I have now had 2 TRX classes, both were the same principal. The instructor has 8 different TRX's hanging up, adjusted for 8 different exercises, plus 2 cardio exercises that we do outside of the studio. We do each of the 10 exercises for 1 minute with very little rest in between, 3x, with running steps after the 1st or 2nd set.

She isn't very creative with the moves and she doesn't give instruction on the moves very well, either, unfortunately. I would rather have a little more time to perfect the moves and also it would be nice to have more variety for class selection - instead of the same type of class. But I got unlimited TRX classes with her for a month for $50 - so I will try to get my money's worth. Of course she doesn't make her money from these kind of deals and it seems obvious to me that she is a bit annoyed with the people who attend her classes on this kind of pass, vs. the students who pay $18/class.

I really want a TRX, too, which is why I thought I would take these classes so I can decide if it would be a good investment. How do you attach yours? Do you work out with dvds?

I haven't done any workouts by the person you mentioned, I do love complicated step choreography - I LOVE Cathe's Rythmic Step. Is that the kind of step workout Rebecca does?

I have used my BOSU for Low Max and it worked well. -I tried it with Rhythmic Step when I was learning it and I found it tricky with the BOSU. I wonder if it would work now that I have done RS a lot more.

I was surprised how big the step 360 is, it made the BOSU next to it look small. But it felt really good stepping on it.

Looking forward to reading your review! Thanks!

- sarah

I have my TRX attached to my pullup bar. I've done a lot of YouTube & I just pick 7-8 exercises that I'll do 20-30 times. I try to mostly follow Cathe's lead--I'll do 1-2 for overall core, 1-2 for lower, 1-2 for obliques & 1-2 for upper.

Rebecca is nothing like Cathe. Cathe is a more holistic trainer who focuses on all aspects of fitness. Rebecca is just step, step & more step. Also Cathe's moves are more basic but also much higher impact & more intense. Rebecca is dancier, more complex & much less intense. She is a genius in putting combos together. Every time I think she couldn't possibly do something that'll make my jaw drop yet again she surprises me. My only issue w/Rebecca is the cost of the DVDs. I'm used to Cathe & Collage at $15-$25 a shot. Most of Rebecca's are about $40. :eek: So it's taken me quite a while to build up my Small collection but I think I finally own them all. ;)

OK, now to my review. The Step 360 is AWESOME for suspension training. I used it Saturday & it probably made the w/o at least 50% more challenging, not to mention much less stress on the wrists & shoulders. My core is still sore from it!

I tried it this morning w/Cathe's latest low impact step & gave up within 10 minutes. I think I've been doing step way too long to change the length & height of it now. I'm so used to the club step I was tripping all the he!! over the place. I was off on the length, I was off on the height, & the added instability just made it a recipe for disaster.

I see the best use for the Step 360 in core/muscle toning. It's similar to the bosu only better, IMO. Much more versatile w/the flat top but still the instability to flex the core muscles while you're doing strength training. I highly recommend it. Just not for step LOL.

Thanks so much for your review!

Yea, I know what you mean about it being tough using something like the BOSU or the 360 Step for a step. Do you have any BOSU workouts? I bet that would be one way to use your 360 step for cardio. I have a couple - one is by Mindy Mylrea - man is that a hurl fest. Mindy is one of the few trainers I know of that challenges me as much as Cathe. I also have a BOSU set of dvds that were on sale awhile back for ~ $25 for 6 workouts. Mindy also has a workout in that set. I would recommend either one of those workouts.

I love dancey, lower impact step routines. Rthymic Step is still my favorite Cathe step workout. Do you recommend any one of Rebecca's workouts as one I should start off with?

Thanks so much for your review!

Yea, I know what you mean about it being tough using something like the BOSU or the 360 Step for a step. Do you have any BOSU workouts? I bet that would be one way to use your 360 step for cardio. I have a couple - one is by Mindy Mylrea - man is that a hurl fest. Mindy is one of the few trainers I know of that challenges me as much as Cathe. I also have a BOSU set of dvds that were on sale awhile back for ~ $25 for 6 workouts. Mindy also has a workout in that set. I would recommend either one of those workouts.

I love dancey, lower impact step routines. Rthymic Step is still my favorite Cathe step workout. Do you recommend any one of Rebecca's workouts as one I should start off with?

Oooh good idea. I think I have all the bosu workouts. Mylrea & Glick. They've been collecting dust for years now. Maybe it's time to dust them off. ;)

I think the best way to get used to Rebecca's style is to get her Step Formula Workshop. It's def. the most basic of her DVDs (actually created to help beginning instructors learn to teach). My personal favorite is Step Revolution. It was my first Small DVD & I still love it the most. The Steppin Out tour is really good also--there's one very basic step routine also included by her husband that uses hand weights & is very good for a core day, plus there are 2 step sections by Rebecca. One is a double step workout & is super cool, but can be easily modified for one step. Also Step Magician is another one of my favorites.

That should be enough to get you started. :D I'm posting a link below, but not all of her DVDs are sold by FO. After you've mastered these let me know & I'll give you resources for her other stuff. Enjoy & let me know what you think!

Rebecca Small Step DVDs

I was reading the reviews on Collage Video and they are great for the equipment itself, although several people commented that Jessie is annoying and never stops talking. LauraMax, I would love to hear your feedback on the DVD's that came with the the Step 360.

Also wondering if anyone knows if other instructors do Step 360 specific workouts.

Last edited:
I was reading the reviews on Collage Video and they are great for the equipment itself, although several people commented that Jessie is annoying and never stops talking. LauraMax, I would love to hear your feedback on the DVD's that came with the the Step 360.

Also wondering if anyone knows if other instructors do Step 360 specific workouts.

I saw some of those reviews as well. I haven't watched the DVDs yet. That might be one of my w/e projects if I finish switching my summer/winter clothes in time. ;)

So after reading this thread, I bought one. I absolutely love it. It is a great addition to my workout and I sometimes add one of the workouts on to whatever else I did (most of the included DVD's workouts are 20 minutes). Jesse, however, is annoying. He continuously asks his cast members "still having fun?" as well as telling you how much fun you are having.
Does anyone know of any other instructors putting out DVDS for the 360?

hubby bought one for me for Christmas just when it first came out. Back them they offered Deluxe upgrade DVDs which I found to be a total waste. I do not like Jesse either! There was some talk over the summer when Step360 was making it rounds in popular fitness clubs that some instructors were interested in using it in workouts, like Chris Freytag. But nothing materalized.

I like using the Step360 in place of the High Step. It works better on my tricky knees and it does help to work the muscles in a different way; not to mention incorporates the stabilizers nicely!

I've been using it mostly for the suspension training & I'm really loving it. I guess I could've used the bosu instead, but I like the size of this thing better, & the flat top.

I guessI need to branch out & test it on other things. I might try some squats & lunges on it at the gym. That could be interesting & pretty good core work..........

step 360

It looks like fun but I would fall right off that thing & injure myself. i am to much of a klutz to even try it. Have fun with it
Karen

So..its been awhile since alot of u tried the 360 ..so whats the verdict? Still good? Have u tried other reg dvds with 360? Does it feel low impact? Have u gotten good results?

Picking this back up. I found a Step 360 for $12 at a thrift store and couldn't pass it up (probably a good indication that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be). I did RWH Plyo Hiit 2 on it this morning. I actually really liked it. I'm not sure I could do a choreo routine but Hiit moves- yes. I think I'll try To the Max and Athletic Training on it next.

I don't typically have knee problems but didn't feel anything weird during the workout. I had mine inflated higher than two risers (just because I didn't measure before starting) so jumping up was higher but landing was softer. Some of the straddle jumping moves you have to jump wider so it felt harder than the first time I did on a regular step. I did notice it was harder to move as fast as the crew. Assuming that was because of the bouncy platform.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.