Starting undulating rotation tomorrow...

jsutera

Cathlete
...took 3-4 weeks off from the 6-month rotation (did 3-month too) and am ready to dive back into STS yet again. What can I say? I'm an addict! :)

Any advice from others who've given the undulating rotation a whirl? Also curious how your results differed in this rotation versus the standard one?

I am on my last workout of the undulating rotation and all I can say is WOW!!! I did the 6 mo rotation from Mar-Sept took off one month and started back. I am sure doing the 6 mo rotation "layed a good foundation" for this rotation, but I feel like my results are better. Meso 2 legs are a killer!!! I did the last Meso 2 legs last night and I will have DOMS for a week! Good luck and enjoy! It was AWESOME!!! I am taking off a month to do another rotation but I can't wait to start over in January with STS and Shock cardio!

Kerri, were you able to lift as heavy for the undulating rotation as for the regular? With the regular rotation you are increasing the weight incrementally but with the undulating rotation your weight load would be all over the place. I would like to do an undulating rotation but I'm not sure if I could handle the weight load for meso 3 that I used with the linear rotation.

TIA

I started the undulating rotation too (of course, with my sister - jsutera) - and only on day two, I LOVE IT! I did meso 2 legs (#17) and I can BARELY MOVE tonight. The DOMS are amazing (haha, any normal person would call any of us crazy for wanting DOMS!)!!

ddj, I redid my 1RM numbers and reprinted my workout cards for each workout. I lifted, in almost all cases, whatever was on the card. I didn't have any trouble and I loved the variety. I need the power tower because I can't bench as heavy as I would like to without it. Lookout for those Meso 2 legs! I am moaning and groaning EVERYTIME I sit down, and probably will be for the next few days!

Uh oh, I better watch the meso 2 legs huh?? Though meso 1 legs always gets me too...then again, so does Plyo legs, I sense a trend here, wait a minute. ;)
I am so excited to be back in the STS groove, I definitely missed it (even though taking a few weeks to try different things was nice), I'm totally ready to rock STS yet again. :)

And just think, once I'm done with this undulating rotation, I'll have Shock Cardio to play with too, oh life couldn't get much better ;)

I'm on my next to last week of the Undulating rotation (did exactly what kerri did; 6 months of standard STS starting March, one month off followed by the undulating rotation) and I can't believe how fast it went by! The variety is awesome and you only get to do pushups once every three weeks!!! Here are some things I did:

-Moved all leg workouts to the middle of the week (as per Cathe's advice)
-Lifted as heavy as the first round of STS (but I'm sure I'll up the weights next time!)
-Took no rest week
-Due to the undulating format of the rotation the first set of each exercise on any given workout was tough to finish but the rest were a breeze. That's the effect of undulation, I think.

Overall I think undulating STS took over from the regular rotation in a very good way! I don't feel tired or worn out, each week goes by in a flash, and I can see big improvement in those failure sets.

AND my workout room is not a mess for a whole month with all those weight increments after each Meso 1 workout... I have time to put everything away!!!

Chris.

Thanks Chris - good tips! So far, I'm loving the undulating rotation. It's breaking things up for me nicely so I don't feel bored at all doing STS for a third time. In fact, its making me love it even more! I'm noticing some good strength gains too which I'm pretty pleased with! I'm only in the second week but so far, so good. :)

Is this the Cathe undulating rotation you guys are doing? Are you just doing the one month?
Beth

Hi Everyone! This month we are going to do an undulating STS rotation. This rotation is designed for ultimate muscle confusion. It is an advanced rotation and is only suggested if you are an avid and seasoned weightlifter (ie: been lifting for at least 6 months to a year). If you are not a seasoned weight lifter, I suggest doing any other one of my monthly rotations. As always eat well, sleep well, and stay hydrated.

WEEK ONE:
Monday: Meso One Disc One: Chest, Biceps Shoulders

Tuesday: Meso Two Disc 17: Legs

Wednesday: Meso One Disc 5: Back and Triceps

Thursday: KPC

Friday: Imax 1

Saturday: Step Blast plus Ab Circuit Pilates

Sunday: Off

WEEK TWO:
Monday: Imax 2

Tuesday: Disc 30 Meso 3: Shoulders/triceps/biceps

Wednesday: Disc 35 Plyo Legs

Thursday: Rhythmic Step plus Ab Circuits plates and weights

Friday: Disc 31 Meso 3 Chest and Back

Saturday: Kick Max

Sunday: stability ball abs only from Butts and Guts

WEEK THREE:
Monday: Disc 15 Meso two Back and Biceps

Tuesday: Disc 3 meso one Legs

Wednesday: Imax 3

Thursday: Disc 19 Meso Two chest, shoulders, triceps

Friday: 4DS Kickbox in its entirety

Saturday: 4DS Bootcamp (cardio only)

Sunday: Ab Circuits Yoga and Stretch Max segment one

WEEK FOUR:
Monday: Disc 29 Meso three Plyo Legs

Tuesday: Disc 10 Meso One Chest Shoulders Biceps

Wednesday: Power Max plus ab circuits med ball

Thursday: Disc 8 Meso One Back and triceps

Friday: Body Max Two (leave out upper body weights at end)

Saturday: Maximum Intensity Cardio plus Ab Hits of choice

Sunday: Ab Circuits No Equipment plus Stretch Max segment Two

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.