Starting over again.

:eek:Hey,
I had started a while ago with Cathe dvd's, and made a pretty good effort, then major overwhelming circumstances just took over. I am finally back to treading water. I am now more than ever at a need to improve a very out of shape body, and a very irratic, unhealthy meal plan (which is not having enough to get normal food).
Anyways looking back over the posts, I found one that Cathe had posted that included a sequence of dvd's. Starting with the basic steps and working up. This was for people who had never really excerised with Cathe before, and were unfamiliar with her workouts.
Being that I need to have such a concentrated approach now, including both diet and exercise, do I really have to start all the way back there? That would include purchasing most all of her dvd's, (I'm not opposed to it, but can only do so much with finances.) and being that I am more weight oriented than actual step or aerobics, I don't know if that is the right focus for me. Not to mention my name never has been Grace or coordination!
I finally was able to purchase my barbell, just have to get the weight plates now. I can get them at Wal Mart. That is no problem. The step is a little more of an issue. For the same price I pay for the step, I could get the sts program on payments.
I do realize that there is a metabolism restructuring here that needs attention in addition to the physical, and I am working on that.
Any feedback, any input here would be greatly appreciated.
thanks.

What Cathe DVDs do you have now?

You said, "I had started a while ago with Cathe dvd's."

What workouts do you already own of Cathe's? It might be helpful to start with her beginner workouts if you're struggling with her more advanced workouts. But, if you enjoy the challenge and modify to a level that is appropriate for you, then stick with the more advanced workouts.

Sandi

I have cathe's four day cardio split. I started doing it, and then like I said, things were just too overwhelming. Plus I didn't have the step to do it with, so I tried to just block an area on the floor to do the movements with. It semi worked.

So you want to know what videos to get that dont' include step? Doing it on the floor isn't the same at all. I find it much more difficult to get the footwork. Don't rule out getting a step.

You're looking for weight oriented dvds? STS is the way to go. You lift to your own weight, not Cathe's so anybody can do it.

There are lots of Cathe's cardio that don't include step, any of her kickboxing for example.

You don't have to do the Beginner's rotation, I just modify the more advanced workouts. If I have to march in place, I march in place, I just keep my heart rate up for the whole workout.

Hope that helps.
missy

Hey, I just got a coupon in the snail mail that if you purchase things for so and so they give you a free step. Ask about it!
Krasy

snail mail offer

Hey that is great! What is the company? I would appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks
scrapquilter

I got the same coupon I think it was from Collage Video or the Eggland's best one with Cathe on it.

If you really don't want to do step its ok. There are lots of other ways to do cardio. Can you walk, run, cycle or use an elliptical? Can you jump rope? Do you have any other dvds that we could incorporate into a plan for you? Do you like kickboxing? How much space do you have to workout in? A step does require some space. How many days a week would you like to workout? How much weight would you like to lose? ( If any) How long in advance do you like to plan your workouts? Some of us don't plan at all, some do a week, some do one month others have a year planned. How much do you think you can spend on dvds? Do you also like yoga or pilattes? Do you want to just dive right in or ease into your workouts/schedule?

You don't have to start with the beginner's rotation if you don't want to. There is nothing wrong with designing a rotation around what you have.

As for the erratic eating, I completely hear you! I have been there myself. I really have gotten a lot of help from the Inside Out Weight Loss podcast with Renee Stephens (spl?) Its not about what you're eating its about how to be at peace with food. I don't know if that would help you at all. The cool part is its free and if you don't like it, well thats ok.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.