Standing Legs!!!!

veganchick

Cathlete
Has anyone had success with this tape? It has to be one of the hardest lower body tapes I have ever done, and you get an aerobic workout as well. A little of upper body is in it too. Let me know if you have used and what your opinions are about it. Thanks Tracy Also, has anyone done Body for Life?

Hi veganchick-

I love Standing Legs. I find if I do it on a regular basis it totally tones my buns, hamstrings and quads. I can really feel it for a few days after I have done it. Definately all those tall box climbs and then the sit and stands at the end just wax me. I use about 35 pounds for the tall box climbs and 27-30 for the sit and stands. KILLER! Stick with it, if you can! It is worth the fight. And, as you mentioned, the extra upper body and cardio don't hurt either.

Nancy

Thanks for the responses! I did SL this morning and I am sore and tomorrow I will be realy sore! If I dont get that nice sore feeling, I dont feel that I worked hard enough. I am going to put in my rotation at least once per week. Thanks

Hey, Robin! Did you follow the eating part to a "T"? I am a vegan and find it hard to adapt his food program, but the muscle workouts look great. Congratulations on your loss!

I do Standing Legs quite a bit and think it is hard, yes, but eventually I did start wondering how many dang step-ups were really necessary to produce results?!! I hike and run, so the endurance thing really is not an issue, so when I thought about it from a purely "muscle gaining" standpoint, I guess I determined the video to be counterproductive. If I already have the cardio, why do 90 million step ups?? It is very hard to do your "heaviest weight" on every rep cuz there are so darn many of them. I quit getting sore from doing this tape and decided to slow it down a little and really heavy up, and it is since then that I now get sore. You really can tell from trying this, that it really does not take that many reps. Atleast not for me.

But, yeah, those hover squats at the end will KILL you, if you are holding on to enough weight!! I thought I was gonna die last time!! And then Jayne Poteet goes "That was tough.". You wanna just scream at her..."TOUGH??? TOUGH??". I like cussing at the instructors!!:):)

If you want "hard" try Leaner Legs, it's a killer, and will give you more strength gains then Standing Legs, I really have to psyche myself up for this one. I used to do the SL tape a long time ago and the only thing I noticed was I got great calves. With Cathe's lower body tapes I noticed more definition in my hams and quads, and I still have the good calves as well, so it's a bonus!

I think SL is still the toughest leg tape I'v ver done.Unlike LL or PSL&A I am feeling it the next day. In a good way. THis has perplexed me too bcause as good as Cathes workouts are I don't feel the same intensity the next day. still have to say that SL is the tooughest leg workout for me.

Hello Veganchick! This is a different Robin (Hi, Robin JamminX3!! - how's the S&H rotation going? - I'm getting cardio withdrawal from so little cardio!!) Your post caught my eye because I too am a vegan and have been for many years. I recently was found to be intolerant to many grains which had been the mainstay of my diet and I have also wanted to get more protein in my diet for my muscular developement. I am also a Type O bloodtype (which, if you have read the book, is an almost impossible diet for vegans - meat, meat and more meat :) )May I ask how you get your protein? I eat so much soy that I'm afraid of developing an intolerance to it too and have noticed a bit of a layer of fat developing from eating nut butters - yikes! Any suggestions???

Thanks, Robin

>I think SL is still the
>toughest leg tape I'v ver
>done.Unlike LL or PSL&A I
>am feeling it the next
>day. In a good way.
>THis has perplexed me too
>bcause as good as Cathes
>workouts are I don't feel
>the same intensity the next
>day. still have to say
>that SL is the tooughest
>leg workout for me.

Ditto! I'm with Marikka! SL is one of the few leg videos that I really feel the next day. Even though I love Cathe's lower body workouts, I never ever feel the soreness like I do with Standing Legs!

Standing Legs and Leaner Legs are MUSTS for anyones tape library. I continue to use them over and over. On a personal note, I never do the upper body work with SL and make it a lower body workout only. But that's just me.

I had the exact same experience. Firm tapes got me sore from all the reps, but got me no definition.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.