Spring into Summer check-in - 5/20

hippahips

Cathlete
Good morning all,

I'm feeling fine and rested and ready for some hard work today. LL really challenged me last Sunday and I want to do it again today. I'd also like to tack on another 30-45 minutes of upper body weight work. I'll decide as I go along... let my body tell me what else I can do.

Yesterday I did Karen Voight's YogaSculpt. The pace was faster than I'm used to, but I liked the workout a lot, more so than Yoga Zone's Evening Stress Release. I especially liked it that my back felt very stretched and my limbs felt loose in the end.

I mustered enough courage to weigh myself this morning and wasn't happy to see (although I suspected it already) I lost 3 lbs. I knew I lost some muscle during my trip, but I think I've also lost some fat in the last few weeks I've been working out. I was very soft when I came back, and some of the softness has gone. So I already have a goal for next month, which is work on getting the muscle back. My husband thinks it's just water loss, but I know my body and it wasn't this light for the first three months of the year.

Have a good day, everybody!:)

Pinky

Good morning all,

I'm feeling fine and rested and ready for some hard work today. LL really challenged me last Sunday and I want to do it again today. I'd also like to tack on another 30-45 minutes of upper body weight work. I'll decide as I go along... let my body tell me what else I can do.

Yesterday I did Karen Voight's YogaSculpt. The pace was faster than I'm used to, but I liked the workout a lot, more so than Yoga Zone's Evening Stress Release. I especially liked it that my back felt very stretched and my limbs felt loose in the end.

I mustered enough courage to weigh myself this morning and wasn't happy to see (although I suspected it already) I lost 3 lbs. I knew I lost some muscle during my trip, but I think I've also lost some fat in the last few weeks I've been working out. I was very soft when I came back, and some of the softness has gone. So I already have a goal for next month, which is work on getting the muscle back. My husband thinks it's just water loss, but I know my body and it wasn't this light for the first three months of the year.

Have a good day, everybody!:)

Pinky

Wow, Pinky you're brave! I don't think that I could do LL again in one week.
I think that for the next few weeks I'm going to switch to a more endurance type of weight training. I seem to be bulky right now, and that is not what I really want. So, I'm going to try to lean out a bit. Up the cardio and lower the weights for a few weeks now. I think I'll do PH today. I tried to do it yesterday, but with my headache, I started to feel sick. So I stopped. Yeah, that headache never went away until the eveingin when I was able to go to eh store and get some Excedrin. I normally just get Advil, but this time I switched it up. I was in so much pain.
My son had his first meeting with his preschool teacher yesterday. He didnt' want to leave. That made me very happy. He's going to start Montissori in two weeks. WE chose to start him in the summer, because by the time we felt that he was ready for preschool he was already 4, so they said the sooner the better. Really, it's a good thing because in the summer I have the choice of 3,4, or 5 days a week. I chose 3, then in the fall he starts up 5 days a week.
Sorry, this got long today!
Hi to everyone!

Kathy

Wow, Pinky you're brave! I don't think that I could do LL again in one week.
I think that for the next few weeks I'm going to switch to a more endurance type of weight training. I seem to be bulky right now, and that is not what I really want. So, I'm going to try to lean out a bit. Up the cardio and lower the weights for a few weeks now. I think I'll do PH today. I tried to do it yesterday, but with my headache, I started to feel sick. So I stopped. Yeah, that headache never went away until the eveingin when I was able to go to eh store and get some Excedrin. I normally just get Advil, but this time I switched it up. I was in so much pain.
My son had his first meeting with his preschool teacher yesterday. He didnt' want to leave. That made me very happy. He's going to start Montissori in two weeks. WE chose to start him in the summer, because by the time we felt that he was ready for preschool he was already 4, so they said the sooner the better. Really, it's a good thing because in the summer I have the choice of 3,4, or 5 days a week. I chose 3, then in the fall he starts up 5 days a week.
Sorry, this got long today!
Hi to everyone!

Kathy

Hi! I'm not sure if anyone read yesterdays post or not, since it was later in the day~ but after a tough back workout in the morning, I did Power Circuits at night. I was glad that there was some legwork incorporated. This morning I did Biceps, PS, SH and PUB and abs.

Tonight I'll do the CTX workout that incorporate biceps (I think its a Kickbox workout).

Kathy, I think the one week rotation I posted yesterday from Cathe might be good for you to try. It's all cardio and weight workouts. It will be a nice break for me, plus do workouts I haven't done these last three weeks.

Catch up you soon!

Susan C.M. :D

Hi! I'm not sure if anyone read yesterdays post or not, since it was later in the day~ but after a tough back workout in the morning, I did Power Circuits at night. I was glad that there was some legwork incorporated. This morning I did Biceps, PS, SH and PUB and abs.

Tonight I'll do the CTX workout that incorporate biceps (I think its a Kickbox workout).

Kathy, I think the one week rotation I posted yesterday from Cathe might be good for you to try. It's all cardio and weight workouts. It will be a nice break for me, plus do workouts I haven't done these last three weeks.

Catch up you soon!

Susan C.M. :D

Hello everybody,
I didn't want you to forget me! I've been concentrating more on yoga and less on weights and cardio, although I have managed to do some of both.

I think my focus may have changed. I seem to be less interested in doing eveything twice in one week!! (you no - 2 x each body part + 2 intervals + 2 long cardios + ....the impossible rotation) I'm back to looking at things as fun to do. If it ain't fun, I ain't doin it (at least for now)

Pinky, I simply CANNOT do the pilates/yoga abs section of yoga sculpt. I just engage my hip flexors and make my upper legs sore. Yes, I cheat. I do like the 'standing' section of that dvd. but I wish I could look like Karen when I do it :eek: In fact, I just did that Tuesday morning!

Have a great day everyone!
-joy

Hello everybody,
I didn't want you to forget me! I've been concentrating more on yoga and less on weights and cardio, although I have managed to do some of both.

I think my focus may have changed. I seem to be less interested in doing eveything twice in one week!! (you no - 2 x each body part + 2 intervals + 2 long cardios + ....the impossible rotation) I'm back to looking at things as fun to do. If it ain't fun, I ain't doin it (at least for now)

Pinky, I simply CANNOT do the pilates/yoga abs section of yoga sculpt. I just engage my hip flexors and make my upper legs sore. Yes, I cheat. I do like the 'standing' section of that dvd. but I wish I could look like Karen when I do it :eek: In fact, I just did that Tuesday morning!

Have a great day everyone!
-joy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.