Spring into Summer 5/11

Stargazer

Cathlete
Hello and Suprise!

I don't have much to report as far as spinging... but I came across a very funny Dave Barry quote (we have one of theose daily calendars)

"Let's face it: losing 10 pounds is not going to get you women into bikinis. Not these days, when the strict bodily standards set by supermodels and top Hollywood stars dictate that no woman is supposed to weigh more than her lipstick. How do these celebrities stay so impossibly thin? Simple: They have full-time personal trainers, who advise them on nutrition, give them pep talks, and shoot them with tranquilizer darts whenever they try to crawl, on hunger-weakened limbs, toward the packet of rice cakes that costitutes the entire food supply in their 37,000-square-foot mansions. For most celebrities, the biggest meal of the day is toothpaste. (They use reduced-fat Crest.)"

Hope everyone is happy and healthy and enjoying their spring into summer.
-joy

Hi everyone! Well, I was short on time yesterday, but got a workout accomplished anyway. I did do the first two sections of Step Blast and then did PUB, Pyramid Up only. I have no idea how long that is, but I'm guessing that the entire workout together was about in hour. With abs and all. Not bad.
So, Joy where did you find that quote? Just curious, because it made me smile. Have any of you watched Cribs on MTV? Seriously the celebrities, most of them anyway, will show their fridge and all they have is condiments in them. No actual food for the most part.
Well, you all have a great day!

Kathy

Good Morning Joy,
What a tough morning! For me to get my workouts in, I have to get up very early. When the alarm went off today, it felt like it was still the middle of the night (4:30)! x(

This morning I did Chest, PS, SH and ME abs. This took about an hour. I cant believe I did it. During the breaks between sets in SH I would rest my eyes. It's a wonder I didn't fall back to sleep.
Last night, after I "checked in" for the day, my husband and I went for a 3 mile run. It felt good, since the morning was all Legs!!}(

I liked your article from Dave Barry. He puts things in prospective, doesn't he?

Hi to everyone else, I'll check back later.

Susan C.M.:D

Joy that was cute .

As for me I was in the middle of SJP when my lil one's school called up to tell me she wasn't feeling well. So that was that for my workout all 10 15 minutes worth ...I'll see if I can do a do over later on today but I doubt it as she is coughing ..need to give her some meds and her doctor has no more appoitnments for today so if my lil one is fine I'll wait until tommorrow for an appt. . meanwhile I will try to figure out when I can workout today if not I'll try to go out for a walk this evening.

I'm so tired today and it's only noon ...it seems to feel like 8 pm already maybe I'll nap with my daughter before I have to gop get my other 2 from school and let the laundry wash itself

Joy, that made me chuckle!

Yesterday ended up being PP with the BC cardio+legs premix. Today will be Spinervals and abs. Last night DH adjusted my seat and handlebars and it feels so much better...my seat was too low too far forward. I'm kind of jazzed to spin today and see if I can do more now that my form will be correct.

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is up to today. I'll check in later!

CinDee

Hi everyone,

YEA~!!!!!! So good to hear from you Joy! Loved the little snippet!

My allergies are seriously killing me! I'm so tired all day and usually wind up fallin asleep when I get home from work. Even though I went to bed at a reasonable hour last night, when the alarm went off to work out this morning I was still so exhausted it was like 'NO WAY'. So I haven't worked out as of yet and may try to do PS legs later on in the day (instead of falling asleep). If not that, then some yoga and I'll pick it up again tomorrow. Looks like I have to bust out the inhaler as well!

Ugh, and a busy day at work too! Gotta run!

JOY! Lovely to hear from you again. Your quote made me laugh, especially the part with the tranquilizer darts.:7

Kathy, I like your cardio/strength/abs workout combo. I should try that sometime.

Susan, did you do all that chest work today? I don't know if I could ever do one body part per day using 2-3 sections from different Cathe workouts. Especially biceps. Mine wear out so fast. I admire what you're doing.:)

ShyWolf, I read your post yesterday, and let me just say you wowed me with what you've accomplished. There is no reason why you can't let yourself believe you can get yourself into a size 4. Although I very well know that's easier said than done.}( My hats off to you.

CinDee, I don't do BC except for the core premix. So I applaud everyone who does BC. Those plyos and terminators (did I use the right term?) are a killer!

Sabine, something must be in the air. I was at the WalMart garden center for less than 5 minutes and immediately, my throat got prickly and my nose started to itch. Ick! I'm on Clarinex. This is the last medication on the market that worked. Apparently it's no longer working. Wonder what's next. Shots?

Today is leg day. I'd like to do some cardio before doing PLB-up only. Or I might change my mind like yesterday and come up with a whole nother combo of segments. We'll see...

Have a good day everybody!

Pinky:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.