Spring Break With the Cathletes

SNM Videos

Administrator
loewscoronado.jpg

Destination: San Diego

We can't think of a better way to celebrate our twenty year anniversary than by having our next EB road trip (March 26th – 28th, 2010) in the city where Cathe launched her career twenty years ago at the young age of 24 – San Diego, CA.

It was at the IDEA International Aerobics Convention in San Diego in 1989 that Cathe released her first video, Step N motion 1 which became the #1 selling step video in 1989 and catapulted Cathe onto the world stage helping to create a movement that is known today as Power Stepping.

After listening to the feedback from the Daytona Cathletes we have decided to follow a similar format like we did in Daytona for our San Diego EB Tour event.

We’ve rented out the incredibly gorgeous Loews Coronado hotel where every room has a view of the water. You could not ask for a more beautiful hotel to hold an event like this and with our special room rate of only $149 per night you can enjoy all of the luxury of the Loews Coroando at an affordable price.

The Loews Coronado is known for its great food and you will enjoy a beautiful outdoor setting for most of your meals. We like to eat as a group as we have learned through our other events that this helps everyone to get to know each other as well as to meet and talk to Cathe in an informal and relaxed setting. We’ve really worked hard to make the food selections for this event our best to date and you can now view the menu for every meal.

Total registration fee for the San Diego Road trip is $299. Space is limited for the EB San Diego road trip to a maximum of 200 attendees. Registration will begin on Monday, December 7th. A $100 non refundable deposit is required to register. Since this is a non refundable deposit (no exceptions), make absolutely sure you can attend the San Diego event before registering. Your balance of $199 will automatically be charged to your account on February 7th, 2010. Once your final payment has been charged no refunds will given.

To Register - Click Here (Registration begins December 9th at 12 noon)

Last edited:
Hi Cathe and SNM,

I posted this in the Ask Cathe forum before realizing that there was this forum. Sorry! Anyways, I was wondering: does this mean that you won't be coming in July of 2010 to the SD Convention Center?

Thanks!

San Diego - March 26 thru March 28, 2010

We changed our plans and date because of several reasons. We did have space reserved at the convention center, but we could not get enough hotel rooms at any of the nearby hotels to meet our needs. Summertime is just a very busy time for hotels in San Diego, much like it is here at the Jersey shore.

More importantly though, we learned from the Daytona trip that holding an event in a resort hotel is the way to go when possible. By keeping the events smaller and using the resorts location and amenities it really helps to transform the event into something really special and a lot more fun. For instance, instead of having your meals in the same room where you workout, you can now have them on a pool deck overlooking the ocean. This just makes for a much more fun and relaxed atmosphere and helps everyone to get to know each other a lot better.

The Loews Coranado just seemed to have everything we wanted, including the beach which everyone loved in Daytona. And at $149 a night for a room you can't beat the price for a hotel of this quality in a major city.

Last edited:
The weekend sounds like it will be awesome, and thanks for the quick response!

I live in San Diego, and, yes, summertime is always busy -- especially since the July date was right after Comic Con, when hotels are at a premium.

Can't wait to see Cathe in March! This is so exciting!!:D

Kathy S. alerted me to this. Woo hoo!

Loew's Coronado is a BEAUTIFUL property. The rooms are really NICE; I think they all have soaking tubs. :)

For out-of-towners, this property is only 20 minutes from the airport and minutes from the Famous Hotel Del Coronado.

Lorrayne

Kathy S. alerted me to this. Woo hoo!

Loew's Coronado is a BEAUTIFUL property. The rooms are really NICE; I think they all have soaking tubs. :)

For out-of-towners, this property is only 20 minutes from the airport and minutes from the Famous Hotel Del Coronado.

Lorrayne

Hi Lorrayne: Are you, Kathy, and Debbie going to be coordinators for this RT? Also, I wonder if Cyndi is going to be the official picture-taker...:D.

The venue sure seems nice. My DH said he knows were this is and it IS nice. That Marina there looks pretty cool. Wonder if we can go sailing?:cool:, (not as part of the RT), as a fun excursion....

Final payment receipt?

HI SNM,

I wanted to find out if I'll receive a receipt for the final payment for the SD RT? Where do I go to get it or will you email it to me?

Thanks.
Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.