Sparkpeople.com!! I'm loving it!

>
>Whooo-hooo pretty soon, I'll be able to toss the sticky notes
>out the window.

Also... how cool is the camera phone thing?? Instead of sticky notes, you can take a pic of your food and email it to your sparkpeople account from your cell phone. The picture will be right there in your food tracker so you can enter it later!

:)

>Is it necessary to track your workouts? I have my own
>"system" for doing that and would prefer not to duplicate. I
>would however, love a plan that calculates for me, c/p/f and
>vitamins.
>Susan C.M.

You don't have to track your workouts there. :) Just when you're setting up your account. Enter is something generic and then go from there.

Dani!

Yes! THANKS to whoever posted this! It's one heck of a wonderful tool. I also have a lot of recipes logged into fitday.com - this is such much more that it's so totally worth the time and effort. I've been using it since end of December and I'm loving!

I tracking fat, carbs, protein, fiber and calcium... I don't worry too much about sodium. You can tailor what you track to suit your needs. I love it!

You're welcome everyone!

Laura, maybe just use it for the food/nutrients tracking part and not the fitness part?

I have my own separate fitness training schedule. I really don't use this link to track my fitness. I just entered in a generic training schedule.

Dani,

Thanks so much for reminding me about this. I saw someone post this too, and forgot to go check it out. It's sooo wonderful. I'm also a former Fitday.com user - guess I'm moving on to bigger and better "drugs," huh?

Hee hee

Chrissy

Dani,

Thanks for this link. I'd used FitDay before and got bored with it. I like the layout of this a little better. I wish we could enter our own fitness plan. Where did you set up your own generic schedule?

Kimbra

When you first sign up you have to set up a fitness schedule. So I just chose cardio 4 days a week. Then I picked two strength days a week. I don't follow the exact schedule I entered.

You will see where to do this when you sign up/register.

i just enter calories burned every day. i keep track of my workouts on old fahsioned pen and paper:)

jes

I say "Thank you" to whomever suggested it also! I have been on the site for about a week and I love it! It keeps me honest and I find it very motivating!:) Susan

Wow, thanks for that tip! What a great site! I can't wait to start using it and see what happens. I bet it will help a lot!

Kathy

Hi all,
I just joined cathe.com today (though i've read posts from time to time for a while). Just wanted to say that I went over and also signed up for sparkpeople today and I totally agree - i'm loving it as well (though haven't spent all that much time yet).

thanks so much for the recommendation!

OK, I have officially given up Fitday! I am a Sparkpeople convert all the way now. I was willing go give up a zillion custom food items.

The only thing I don't like about Spark is the non consecutive strength and cardio planning. We all know that isn't going to fly with this crowd!

I did some user entered strength training, but you don't get calorie credits for them. I put mine in Cathe Terms - Example MM Upper, MM Lower, GS Biceps and then I just log them like that. How does everyone else do it?

Melissa

Keep your head in line. Your butt will follow.

http://www.picturetrail.com/pellmel

I'm bad. I just check the boxes when they come up, figuring I did enough stuff close enough, then log the exact workout I do under Cardio and the calories burned (from my HRM). I've been doing a circuit rotation, though, so even my strength training is cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.