So ---- who else was shaking as they typed?????

L Sass

Cathlete
I was shaking and my heart pumping like a Cathe workout! Kept hitting the go to our server button and kept getting that error message. Fortunately DH was here. (Actually he came home at 11:50 and started giving me grief about not being in front of the computer right away! HA!) As I kept getting that error message, he just kept saying "Hit it again. Hit it again." He's much more techno-savvy than I and if it had been just me I think I'd have given up. Fortunately, I didn't. So who else was shaking like that?

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Oh my word! I was for sure! I was shaking so bad - I made so many blasted typos. I thought for sure all my retyping would have lost my sopt. But alas I was #21! I could hardly believe it.

Honestly, I feel kinda wierd for being so excited but you all understand! At least Lorrie does!

Oh definitely! Making typos, even though I had a word document ready with all of my info so I could copy and paste, and then it didn't work right, and the page didn't load right, and then the server errors...I was a total wreck!

then I thought that with all of the re-trying, what if I ended up with a whole bunch of invoice numbers and they disqualified me...like I said, I was a wreck. I was ready to give up, then one of the pages got one step further, then more server errors, then a little further, and then finally I got in.whew!

>Oh definitely! Making typos, even though I had a word
>document ready with all of my info so I could copy and paste,
>and then it didn't work right, and the page didn't load right,
>and then the server errors...I was a total wreck!

This was my registration experience in a nutshell! Shaking, sweating, making mistakes, getting server errors. ARGH! But it was totally worth it! :D

You are in good company. For a first timer I thought for sure it was my computer when the error came up. For about 5 seconds I was like aahh x( but then I did what I do best and hit the back button and kept trying. I only have 2 (yes 2) numbers in my street address and it took me three tries to get it right. How pathetic is that, LOL. Congrats to everyone who did get in and Good Luck to anyone trying for August!

Colleen (a.k.a. #4)

Oh my gosh Lorrie - I had the same experience. I was typing in my information and DH came upstairs to watch and cheer me on and I kept making so many mistakes and then kept getting the same error messages that everyone else got. I ran downstairs to try on his computer and he stayed up here on my computer and finally yelled down to me that I was invoice #45. I think when he saw the look of relief on my face and the tears of joy - he understood how much this means to me. Anyway, now he wants all the credit Ha! And I'll give it to him - I almost gave up too! He's my hero today! Can't wait to see you!

>PennieAnne, What a sweet story!

I agree, that story is touching.

I feel bad for all of you who experienced the errors. You were already stressed, so that was terrible. I had no such experience. Before the site came up I asked a co-worker of mine to time me while I simulate completing the form. I wanted to see just how fast I could type all the info (using the photo of the form provided) and I had it all typed in 25 seconds during my timing. lol I figured doing the real thing would take another 15 seconds or so. Because I was fast, I felt confident I'd get in. Still, my fingers trembled badly.

When my invoice popped up saying #2 was processed I almost screamed. If I'd been home I probably would have. I ran to my co-worker that timed me and said over and over, "I'm number 2! TWO! I'm number 2!". She laughed so hard. I know other people don't understand.

sigh Now we have 12, no 13 weeks to wait! YIKES.

I must have been one of the lucky ones too I got no error messages however it didn't help I had wee too much coffee and could not type to save my life!!! I got no 23 but still I forgot to put in "country' but it took it anyway!! I sweated until I got the confirmation e-mail!!!! Teresa

Pennie!

What a GEM he is....give him a HUGE HUG! Can't wait to see you again and don't forget pix of that beautiful granddaughter! (Bring some of Jacci too!)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

RE: Pennie!

I'm usually can type really quick. I was so nervous my hands were shaking and I couldn't believe how slow I was typing. I thought once 3 minutes were up that it would be sold out but I thought I would just see where I ended up since I went this far. I must have received an error page about 20 times and when it finally went thru it took several minutes to process.

Well I was shocked when I saw invoice #54!

Debbie

All these stories sound very familiar. I am so relieved that i was not the only person shaking- I swear I thought I needed a paper bag a few times. I don't think many people understand how getting in was so important, it is soo nice to have people on this forum who really "understand". I get alot of jokes from my family and friends about cathe but they know how much this means to me, so everyone has been so happy for me. Can't wait to meet everyone invoice#13.-Lisa

I think it is great reading all of this because is just reminds me that in our fitness quest, we all understand what a wonderful thing this trip will be and that I'm not so silly. Some of my family/friends say "What?.. I don't get it." Nope. Guess ya don't!

Those of you that had your husbands over your shoulders cheering you on, know that they support you and are happy for YOU! How great!

No one was over my shoulder, but my fingers were ice cold, respiratory rate up, and stomach in knots. I kept saying to myself..."Calm down, don't be so silly, take your time typing and PRAY like mad until the server is up at 12:00!" Once I got "IN"(#27), I was so excited, I ran and vacuumed my house! What kind of reaction was that?!!! Productive I have to tell you!

My kids are supportive of me and are so happy that I'm going back to "Cathe Land"!

Less than 13 weeks...........:)

Julia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.