So what is your favorite hobby?

tsagona

Cathlete
Besides working out and all that goes with exercise, what is it you enjoy doing? I love to watch tv and listen to music. But my #1 favorite hobby is stained glass. I love working with glass. I make windows and panels of all sizes and love to make 3D stuff. I've made kaleidescopes that look like airplanes and hanging bird nests with chicadees inside and mirrors and granddaughter clocks. Love my hobby. Very therapeutic and end up with some beautiful stuff which I always give away to my family and friends.

What do you enjoy doing?

Tracy

Stained glass....way neat.

I love to bake, but well, that leads to eating. Also reading. But as for actual hobbies, I'm a cross stitcher. Just finished a stocking for niece/nephew to be (supposed to be a niece) I just need to add a name and a lining. Will have to wait about 5 or 6 more weeks for the name. My newest project is a smaller one done in silk, my 1st done w/ silk thread. Its a young lady w/ a unicorn under a tree, very cute. My next project then is a Christmas stocking for me. I did one for DH and DS last fall and winter. Then I have a whole stash lined up, not sure what's next. I buy patterns faster than my fingers can "X"
I plop on my corner of the couch, flip on the TV or radio and stitch away. Relaxing, except when I mis count or get a knot. Then its just frustrating:confused:

Nan

I'm a scrapbooker. Anything I can do to creatively preserve memories, I'm up for it! I just finished my wedding album and now that my DS is 16 mos., I'm just now starting on his! I used to sew and quilt, but I haven't done it in over 8 years.

I'm a scrapbooker too! I love buying all the cute stickers and ribbons and paper and all that good stuff! And you're right brandini, it's a TOTALLY fun way to be creative with pictures! woohoo! I'm about to do one for my adopted baby brother's 1ST BIRTHDAY! I'm excited!

There are so many things I love to do! I guess though, if I had to choose just one, it would be astronomy. The stars have always held a great fascination for me and I've been looking up since I was little!

I have to admit, I have no other hobbies besides working out! I really don't have time. I like to read, but don't really consider that a hobby. I guess you could say that my hobby is creating rotations and my own strength and circuit workouts (that's not actually working out, so it should count, right? :rolleyes:)

Hmmmm....my favorite hobby BESIDES exercise?? Well, after kids and school I don't have much time, but I do love to yard-sale and garden. Half my houshold is filled with yardsale finds!

Well working out is my top interest. I like to bake and cook, but not sure that's a hobby. I also enjoy reading, but that seems like a lame answer. I'll admit it, I'm shallow, materialistic and I love shopping!! :p

I guess my hobby would have to be reading - I know boring!! :p But when I get sucked in to a good book, I don't put it down for anything - even when I'm cooking! Other than that, I like to go camping or just be outside. However, I work full time and I go to school full time, so I only have had a small window of opportunity for my hobbies for the past several years. Good news, though - I'll be done with school in the spring!!! :eek: Woohoo!!

Hmmm.... I guess I would have to say reading or playing computer games (usually the point and click mystery ones). Pretty boring!!! ;) I also like to tinker around with my guitar. I would have said scrap booking, but the truth is it takes me so long to do it, that I never sit down and do it anymore.

I love to cross-stitch also. I too purchase more patterns than I can possibly get to! I trying to hurry to finish a current project so I can start working on x-mas stuff. I enjoy it and it is relaxing. I also have a backlog of projects that I have completed that need to be framed. I have done some scrapbooking as well. There's just something fun and enjoyable about it. However, I haven't spent as much time working on that because it seems I have a cross-stitch project I am trying to finish!

I'm with Patti - Shopping!! Exercise probably tops the list, I'm a huge reader (read every day), I enjoy scrapbooking when I have the time, ballet when I can find an advanced adult class. Does making lists count? :eek:

Heather

Playing the Piano!

At a very advanced (to most people!) age I'm taking piano lessons & learning gospel/blues/rock - no music, meaning playing by ear - a very big deal for someone who could never play a note of music without it written out for me! Probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, but sooooo worth it!

Last edited:
Woodworking
Crocheting
Knitting
Sewing
Reading
Tole painting

No order of importance implied - I love them all equally ..

Writing irate letters to my congressmen and state reps. :p Seriously though, I love to cook, I'm learning to knit and I adore reading.

I didn't really think I had any until I read some of your posts.
So I guess cooking (on weekends... most evenings after work, not so much) and reading.

The DH would probably tell you my hobby is exercise, but I don't count that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.