So utterly hooked on "Say Yes to the Dress"!

Govtgirl

Cathlete
What is it about this show, that I am so totally addicted to?! I only started watching it a little while ago, my sister got me hooked on it, and now when i come home and see TiVo has remembered to record it, I do a little happy dance and plunk down with a glass of pinot grigio! :eek:

I'm also recording "Tabitha's Salon Takeover", which is like Gordon Ramsay in a hair salon, and love that one too. Nothing like some good mindless TV after a tough day at the office! My sister says "Toddlers and Tiaras" is a scream too, but I think my husband would have me committed if I started on that one!

I love Say Yes to the Dress. I recently got hooked on it too. I don't know why, since I'm never going to get married. :D I guess I just like looking at the dresses. :)

I can totally relate. My daughter got me hooked on this show in the fall. I tell her to start saving her pennies now because she thinks it's not a big deal to spend $5000 on a wedding dress. Oy!! She's 13 now and already has her wedding planned out. Help me....:confused:
Paula

I can totally relate. My daughter got me hooked on this show in the fall. I tell her to start saving her pennies now because she thinks it's not a big deal to spend $5000 on a wedding dress. Oy!! She's 13 now and already has her wedding planned out. Help me....:confused:
Paula

Good luck with that Paula. :D

I also love Say Yes to the Dress. Once I start watching it I can't stop and it can be on for hours on a Sat nite in my area. I actually bought my wedding dress at Kleinfeld's MANY years ago when it was a small local store in Brooklyn NY. I had looked all over NYC and then went to this neighborhood store and found my dress. Now it has grown into this TV program. Amazing! Also like Tabitha's and only saw Toddlers and Tiaras a couple of times. That program is kind of creepy and weird. IMO..But again hard to turn off.

Arg...Say Yes to the Dress...how did you infiltrate my anti-reality-TV defenses??

I'm getting married in May and I have my dress already - it's totally off-the-wall and nontraditional, not white, not a giant meringue, no lace, no tulle, no beading, etc. It cost a teensy fraction of even the cheapest dress sold at Kleinfeld's. I don't even LIKE wedding dresses. I had a completely drama-free dress buying experience and yet...I cannot look away.

I'm always so dismayed at the unsupportive moms who tell their daughters they look fat and unattractive in every dress they try. I think some of these ladies need to forget the wedding and divorce their families. Sheesh! And some of the brides are pretty awful, too.

I've seen every single episode of SYTTD multiple times and keep watching them.

I'm not even sure why I like it other than I love fashion and it's fascinating to me to watch these girls pick out dresses that they think look good on them. Sometimes they look amazing, sometimes I wonder "what are they thinking?"

I find it very interesting how styles have changed over the years, and continue to change. I guess wedding dresses are like any other style... most people insist on wearing the latest trend (strapless) whether it flatters them or not.

I got married in the early 80s when those big poofy sleeves were all the rage. I wouldn't touch that style with a ten foot pole, and now I am so thankful I chose a dress that I wanted, and not one that everybody else thought was "in". I wish more of these young girls on SYTTD would do the same!

I love Randy. I think he's perfect for the job, and out of all those sales women he knows his stuff the best!

Oh yeah, I LOVE that show! And I don't know why! I feel like such a nutter for watching it. :eek: Don't tell DH I told you, but he watches it with me. heehee! :D There really is something to be said for mindless television after a long day at work. ;)

I'll admit to having watched this more than a few times. ;) I remember thinking $800 was a lot for a dress....

Yep, I watch SYTTD!

I also watch Toddlers and Tiaras from time to time. I caught a better version of T&T called Little Miss Perfect on We TV the other day.

I'm off to hunt down that salon makeover show.....

I've seen it once or twice. I liked it, but the last thing I need is another mindless show to add to my addiction. However, I NEVER miss What Not to Wear. :eek:

P.S. I got my dress for nuttin -- I wore my mom's. :D

P.P.S. YIKES! Those strapless dresses have GOT to go!! So few women look good in them. You really need to be thin with visible clavicles and well muscled shoulders, upper back, and arms, with a chest that can hold it up!

Last edited:
P.S. I got my dress for nuttin -- I wore my mom's. :D

P.P.S. YIKES! Those strapless dresses have GOT to go!! So few women look good in them. You really need to be thin with visible clavicles and well muscled shoulders, upper back, and arms, with a chest that can hold it up!

Lucky you that you got to wear your Mom's dress. I wanted to, but my mom was such a tiny (and short) little thing, I couldn't even zip up the back!

I so completely agree about the strapless craze. Why are these women who DO NOT look good in strapless wearing them anyway? Are they that much a slave to fashion trends? I don't get it. It's their big day... wouldn't they want to look their absolute best?

Lucky you that you got to wear your Mom's dress. I wanted to, but my mom was such a tiny (and short) little thing, I couldn't even zip up the back!
Jeanne, I was fortunate in that we were about the same size and the dress only needed a few minor alterations. And talk about out of style! I got married in '84 and wore a dress straight out of the 1940's. It was gorgeous and I felt so special wearing it. My mom's dress made the rounds -- one of her sisters wore it, as did my sister before me.

I watch it, too. Actually, I'm addicted to wedding shows and I HATE weddings! I've been a bridesmaid more times than I can count, and I have no intention of ever having a wedding myself, I find the prices that people pay for things ridiculous, the stress is too much, and on and on. Maybe I feel that way because I know I'd never get the opportunity to have one, so I live vicariously through them. I'm not sure what it is. I find Bridezillas to be the most addictive show, though. One episode at a time is enough, because I actually start to feel grumpy after watching these women in action! I'm always amazed that women like that find men who give them anything and everything, and I try to be kind and gentle and cool and I get nothin'. I guess it goes to show what men really want....:(

Jeanne, I was fortunate in that we were about the same size and the dress only needed a few minor alterations. And talk about out of style! I got married in '84 and wore a dress straight out of the 1940's. It was gorgeous and I felt so special wearing it. My mom's dress made the rounds -- one of her sisters wore it, as did my sister before me.

Awe.......so special and sweet!!! I'd love to see that 1940's dress. Can you share a picture with us? I bet you looked GORGEOUS!

Paula........Have you started saving yet? So glad I have boys......LOL

Awe.......so special and sweet!!! I'd love to see that 1940's dress. Can you share a picture with us? I bet you looked GORGEOUS!

Paula........Have you started saving yet? So glad I have boys......LOL
I tried but the file is too big. Sorry.

My dd 10 and I watch SYTTD and WNTW together-it's our bonding time after her two little sisters have gone to bed:) We love to watch all those wedding based "reality" shows-Platinum Weddings is good too-hundreds of thousands of dollars for one day?! Crazy!

Michele, I have to agree with you on the strapless dresses! I have the upper body-minus the boobs-and I hate how I look in them-way too manly. Plus strapless is only good for the red carpet-not when you want to dance the night away. I have to wear a strapless concotion for my SIL's wedding-it's a ball gown with pick ups and a bow!:eek: Not looking forward to it at all! I bet you looked spectacular in that dress!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.