So it's the final vote - Mario or Emmitt?

BAM

Cathlete
I thought I'd start a new thread just in case some opinions change after tonight's show.

Tonight's show was just so much fun!!!! I think both are very enjoyable to watch. Emmitt has a charming personality and he's got style and enjoys what he's doing. Mario has the moves D-O-W-N! He does things that the others just can't. He also has has a great personality. I always thought Mario was the best dancer, plain and simple but Emmitt has a huge fan base. People don't always vote for who they think is the actual best dancer but who they just happen to like in general. Case in point, Jerry Springer. He should have been voted off very early on because he just didn't have the moves - and he knew it but because of his large fan base, he was kept on. I saw an interview with Emmitt last week and there was this twinge of cockiness that just hit me the wrong way. Although I always was encouraging Emmitt, I knew that Mario would get my final vote, and that interview kind of took away the support I had for Emmitt. O.K., maybe I'm taking this too seriously. :7 So needless to say, it's....

Super Mario all the way!!!!!!!

Bam

At first, it was a toss up for me. I liked Emmitt because he had come so far and was genuine. Mario, on the other hand, was consistently good from the beginning but a little over confident. They both entertained the audience for different reasons. But after the freestyle round tonight my vote goes to Mario!!

Maria

Emmitt!!!!! He is the bomb.

Frankly, Mario's freestyle did not impress me. He only did what I have seen the kids at the clubs do for years, and he really isn't that good at it either. Emmitt's choreography was much harder, his lifts were much more complex and he PERFORMED for the audience!

EMMITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Emmitt's freestyle was super, but I feel Mario is the best dancer soooooo, Mario gets my votes. However, imho, they are both winners!

I'm voting Emmitt! I actually thought Emmitt's freestyle was better than Mario's and was surprised to hear the judges' comments raving about Mario!

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

As a judge, giving points, I would have given Mario a 10 on his first dance, in place of Len's 9, but I would have given him only a 9 on his free style (too repetitive), so he'd end up with the same number of points. I would have given Emmitt the same scores as theh judges, except for 1 point less for the first dance, because at times he looked like he was counting steps (at the beginning) and notas smooth, and he also seemed to stomp a bit.

So, by that method, Mario wins by one point!

But I think they are both winners. It's sooo close (this year, I think the right dancers were in the top 3, and the top 2, unlike last year, when I thought the football guy got there just because of his football fan base...Emmitt moves the way I would think a quarterback should move: with grace and style...is he a quarterback?)

Of course, if Emmitt wins, I would be happy to console Mario!

(what was it with all the smootching between him and his partner---they are rumored to be a couple---and then Mario sounding like he wasn't going to be seeing her very much after this? )

Emmitt all the way!!!!

A big part of my decision has to do with Mario having dance experience - he was a 'ringer' so to speak from the beginning. Yes - Emmitt is a profressional athelete - but training for football has nothing to do with dancing - so all in all - Emmitt has come the farthest!!!

And that smile and charisma of his... wow!!!

I understand what you're saying about having dance experience but then maybe they shouldn't pick people who have dance experience. If they're in the competition, it's not fair to penalize them because they have experience. For instance, I loved Stacy Kiebler from last season and I didn't think it was fair that Jerry Rice got to be in the finals. Then you have the question of the popularity contest. Are you voting for the better dancer or because you like their personality better?

Marcy

This is a big issue and a big pitfall with these kinds of "competitions", but when all is said and done I think you need to look for the best all around performer. Granted, Emmitt lacks the technical skill of Mario, but he is a better performer at the end of the day. Look at the pros out there. They are all technically proficient, but some have more of a flair than others, and that is picked up easily by the audience, and the camera. As a former dancer, I was used to seeing all kinds of technical "wonders", dancers who could do triple pirouettes at the drop of a hat, but when it came time to casting, the director would choose the dancer with the best all around skills, and not the "technician." Again, this opinion is based upon my backround, and I admittedly look for that while watching this show. With a call in vote making the decision, the entire process becomes subjective, with no real right way or wrong way to judge it.

Just my thoughts.

I get what you're saying - kind of like the "it" factor they keep talking about on American Idol. And Emmitt has "it"!

I love them both and think they both have incredible talent. I would def sway towards Mario being the better dancer but will be happy for either one to win.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

*****singing****** "Ride Emmitt....Ride!"

My vote is for the former Cowboy, Mr. Emmitt Smith!!! Gotta love those athletes with rhythm!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.