SNM, Will the Turbo Tower Be Available?

janiejoey

Cathlete
SNM,

Been looking around to purchase one and it seems they are either back ordered or not in stalk. Please let us know when it will be available again or if it has has been discontinued.

Hope it hasn't been discontinued or how else will people use the STS DVD's?

Worried:confused:,

Janie

Did you check amazon.com?

I bought mine there just after Thanksgiving for 1/3 of the original price. And yes, it was Cathe's Turbo Tower as I have seen some knock-off type models.

I've been on amazon and don't see it available there either....nor Sears.

It may be time to try eBay......

I don't think they know right now, many people have asked about it and it is not available anywhere right now.

I think we are in a waiting game ladies :(

I emailed them a few weeks ago and this is what I was told:

Good Morning Tracy,

I believe Altus has discontinued making this product and that is why we no longer carry it on our shopcathe site. However, I found a site that might have some STS Push Pull (Turbo) Towers in stock. I've copied and pasted the link below.

Sears - Error: File not found

Hope this helps.

I don't know why Altus discontinued it since it seemed to have been selling well. My fingers are crossed they are designing a new one.

Ooops, sorry the Sears link doesn't work. I didn't order from them. Their price was $140 if I remember correctly and I didn't want to pay that. They must have sold out of the ones they did have :(

Check out this link....it looks like they may have them.

Altus Be Fit Look Fit Turbo Tower

yup that's it, but it sucks that it's $120 plus almost $20 shipping:(....i should have bought it when it was selling for $79 at walmart....plus i could get it shipped to walmart for free.....but that's ok.....i'm patient......hopefully they will make more and begin selling on walmart and amazon again.....lol......one can hope right;)

Has anyone contacted Altus directly? Cathe There's a phone number at the bottom of the page.

I hope they're not discontinued because it's a great piece of equipment. But it did seem like Altus was having trouble keeping up with demand. Good luck finding one!

Just got off the phone with them, they have been discontinued :(

Wonder what everyone that is new to STS program, will use? Does anyone know of an alternative? I'm glad I got mine when they first came out, but I do need another one.

Thank you so much for calling in and giving us the information. That was really kind.

Janie

I ordered squat rack stands from Valor fitness. The BD-9 model. They are two individual stands, which will fit my non-olympic barbell. Not sure it's ideal for barre work, but as a squat rack and pull up bar it will work wonderfully.

Squat Stands

If you haven't seen it already, here is some discussion about the stands:
http://cathe.com/forum/f95/turbo-tower-gone-forever-289183/

I tried a couple of times to post pictures in the other thread and they didn't show up for some reason. I created a public album here on the Cathe site -- maybe you can see them that way:
[link removed since it does not work]

Oh, and I have used them for Turbo Barre without any problem. It's not a workout I care for so I've only done a few times, but the stands with the barbell across the top worked fine.

Last edited:
My problem was I bought it thinking I'd use it when I did STS. I used it for 3 weeks and it's now a yoga and pilates mat rack.

If it's discontinued and someone really wants it let me know. I'd be willing to sell mine.

If you haven't seen it already, here is some discussion about the stands:
http://cathe.com/forum/f95/turbo-tower-gone-forever-289183/

I tried a couple of times to post pictures in the other thread and they didn't show up for some reason. I created a public album here on the Cathe site -- maybe you can see them that way:
http://cathe.com/forum/members/nancyaz/albums/

Oh, and I have used them for Turbo Barre without any problem. It's not a workout I care for so I've only done a few times, but the stands with the barbell across the top worked fine.

NancyAZ, not sure if it's just me but your link doesn't seem to work. I would absolutely love to have the turbo tower, however we can't get them here on the other side of the planet (Australia) and don't have anything else like it so am considering something like the Valor stands. (mrsprincess07, would love to buy your tower but am sure you don't fancy shipping it to Australia!) I'm concerned about how the step will fit between the two Valor stands and I don't want to buy a separate bench. I'm also curious about why the Altus tower has been discontinued when there's obviously a demand for it.

NancyAZ, not sure if it's just me but your link doesn't seem to work. I would absolutely love to have the turbo tower, however we can't get them here on the other side of the planet (Australia) and don't have anything else like it so am considering something like the Valor stands. (mrsprincess07, would love to buy your tower but am sure you don't fancy shipping it to Australia!) I'm concerned about how the step will fit between the two Valor stands and I don't want to buy a separate bench. I'm also curious about why the Altus tower has been discontinued when there's obviously a demand for it.

http://cathe.com/forum/f104/valor-bd-8-deluxe-squat-stand-what-size-weight-bar-267919/

If you do a search on Valor and/or squat stands you will find a lot of discussion about them around the time STS came out.

Thanks for all the info Nancy! I was pondering on it and had remembered the other thread thinking that it's time to search out alternatives.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.