SNM - will MMA incorporate weights?

meowracer

Cathlete
Trying this again b/c I really want to know...

I have a couple of questions regarding the MMA. I've been reading over the weekend about this, knowing that you had considered this type of DVD as an upcoming project (so wow!...what a surprise to wake up to this!). There is something called Complexes for MMA training that I am learning about, and also I saw in a men's weight/fitness magazine this month something about weight lifting moves for MMA training, to better prepare the muscles for the moves. Now that I've rambled, my question is this - does the MMA contain any weight work or is it purely cardio? My guess is that it may be in the Fusion b/c it mentions strength endurance but since the series is "cardio", I am curious...I am preorder #52 BTW- yippeeeeeeeee:p

Thank you!!!

Great question Shana banana! I'm not planning on having actual weight lifting in MMA. The fusion workout would be the only workout that may have it to some degree but more as a conditioning tool (ie: slow controlled jabs holding very light weights ) and not weights the way I typically use them for strength training .

Now is a good time to also mention that if any equipment is used in any of the Shock Cardio workouts, it is most likely there to boost the intesity to support cardio output vs developing muscular strength. After 41 discs of intense weight training with STS, I'm ready to stick to cardio for this series :) Take Care!

Trying this again b/c I really want to know...

I have a couple of questions regarding the MMA. I've been reading over the weekend about this, knowing that you had considered this type of DVD as an upcoming project (so wow!...what a surprise to wake up to this!). There is something called Complexes for MMA training that I am learning about, and also I saw in a men's weight/fitness magazine this month something about weight lifting moves for MMA training, to better prepare the muscles for the moves. Now that I've rambled, my question is this - does the MMA contain any weight work or is it purely cardio? My guess is that it may be in the Fusion b/c it mentions strength endurance but since the series is "cardio", I am curious...I am preorder #52 BTW- yippeeeeeeeee:p

Thank you!!!

Great question Shana banana! I'm not planning on having actual weight lifting in MMA. The fusion workout would be the only workout that may have it to some degree but more as a conditioning tool (ie: slow controlled jabs holding very light weights ) and not weights the way I typically use them for strength training .

Now is a good time to also mention that if any equipment is used in any of the Shock Cardio workouts, it is most likely there to boost the intesity to support cardio output vs developing muscular strength. After 41 discs of intense weight training with STS, I'm ready to stick to cardio for this series :) Take Care!

Great question, Shana, and great answer, Cathe....I am sooooo ready for a CardioFest!!!!!! I have really grown to love weight work, with Cathe's help, but my first love has always been, and will always be, cardio, cardio, cardio..I want my light gray workout shirts to be black when I'm done working out!!

Thank you! I knew that there wouldn't be any serious weight training but wondered about the Fusion - the idea of adding it to boost intensity sounds perfect. Goodness, after STS days, we will need a break from any heavy weights!! :) I know you will have a blast choreographing and filming this with all of its variety. Thanks again~~~

Great question, Shana, and great answer, Cathe....I am sooooo ready for a CardioFest!!!!!! I have really grown to love weight work, with Cathe's help, but my first love has always been, and will always be, cardio, cardio, cardio..I want my light gray workout shirts to be black when I'm done working out!!

Thanks, Jerry. You posted as I was replying! When I get home today, I am going to have one of those sweat sessions myself. My goal is to barely be able to step off whatever machine I am on, and to have a very sweaty towel and clothes to put in the wash :)

Thanks, Jerry. You posted as I was replying! When I get home today, I am going to have one of those sweat sessions myself. My goal is to barely be able to step off whatever machine I am on, and to have a very sweaty towel and clothes to put in the wash :)

We share the same goal, Shana, I'm not happy unless I'm drenched!!

I would love a sweaty cardio session today, but my upper body DOMs is so significant from yesterday's STS 13, that I don't think I could remove a sweaty sportsbra without cutting it off!

Great news Cathe! I personally would prefer MMA to have minimal weight work (if at all). I just prefer this Shock Cardio series to be what the name says - mostly cardio. :)

Jerry and Shanna Banana,

I'm with you. I have to be drenched after my cardio. It just doesn't count otherwise. LOL:D I use a headband, and when I'm done with my cardio, I usually can literally ring it out. I know, too much information.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Shana Banana, Jerry and Janiejoey- I am with you- One of the things that I love for is a fun, great sweatfest cardio workout!

Were you peeking in on my class yesterday Jerry? As the minutes ticked on by, my light gray t-shirt developed all kinds of fancy "sweat art" across it until it eventually become one unified dark gray color. :D

..I want my light gray workout shirts to be black when I'm done working out!!

Were you peeking in on my class yesterday Jerry? As the minutes ticked on by, my light gray t-shirt developed all kinds of fancy "sweat art" across it until it eventually become one unified dark gray color. :D

Hmmmmmm, I never knew your classes had a "just peeking" option...I'll keep that in mind!!...;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.