SNM, please define "fall"

I am really trying not to sound snarky but I want my Shock Cardio so badly! I just want to know when its coming. I understand its on schedule to be released this fall but I just want to understand when that is -- does fall go into December? (I think fall ends in November but I realize that every one has a different idea...)

Thanks!

Actually, fall ends on December 20th. There just too many variables in the production process to define a more accurate release date at this time. We really will not have a good idea on a release date until about a week after the replicator has the finished masters from us.

You weren't actually wrong, there are different meanings of fall/autumn.

Here is Merriam-Webster's definition of autumn:

1 : the season between summer and winter comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of September, October, and November or as reckoned astronomically extending from the September equinox to the December solstice —called also fall

Dict.org definition of fall/autumn:

1. The third season of the year, or the season between summer
and winter, often called "the fall." Astronomically, it
begins in the northern temperate zone at the autumnal
equinox, about September 23, and ends at the winter
solstice, about December 23; but in popular language,
autumn, in America, comprises September, October, and
November.
[1913 Webster]

Erica

I love your word "snarky". I'll have to use that!! ;) I also like "crotchety". Not sure of the actual definition on that one, but it fits sometimes.

Yeah - and summer "officially" ends September 21st but I don't consider it summer anymore since my kids are back in school and "summer" is a distant memory with the hours of homework and school schedules that you don't have in "summer"!

So I think the problem here is that everyone "considers" fall to be the months of September, October and November and SNM "considers" it to be from Sept 22nd to Dec. 21st.

Not trying to be "snarky" (or crochety:p) as well but I think that this difference in opinions is the root of the problem of people becoming impatient.

I love your word "snarky". I'll have to use that!! ;) I also like "crotchety". Not sure of the actual definition on that one, but it fits sometimes.

was just using crotchety today to describe a co-workers attitude LOL. will have to try snarky to tomorrow as i am sure she will be up to her usual attitude.

as for the "fall" debate yeah its a technicality. fall technically ends on dec 23,when it then become winter but i can work with that. my dh actually made a joke last night and wanted to be sure they said fall 2009 b/c if they said just fall then we can be talking about next fall too LOL

kassia

Hehehe, my husband calls me "Princess Snarky" actually. I use the world crochety but usually to describe old professors who like to keep graduate students locked in lab forever...::sniff::...

back to the bench...

I love the word snarky. I need to use it more often.

I too, view "Fall" to be mid-September through November. For me, Fall ends right about Thanksgiving - then it's winter. December is winter in my book.

I love the word snarky. I need to use it more often.

I too, view "Fall" to be mid-September through November. For me, Fall ends right about Thanksgiving - then it's winter. December is winter in my book.

I also think of it in terms of months: summer is June/July/August; fall is September/October/November; winter December/January/February, spring whatever is left!

I would assume most people would think "end of November" to be the end of fall as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.