SNM or Cathe -- any updates on this promised feature??

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a year or so ago, you posted this about a tutorial feature:

"We're not planning on doing this on our new DVDs, but you very well may see something like this on our website in the very near future. This is a new part of our website that we’ve been working on for over 6 months that you have not seen yet, but soon you will. A huge advantage that we have by owning our own studio is we can film whenever and whatever we want. We plan on using our website and studio to help educate our customers with high quality video tutorials. This will all be free when it launches. We will have more on this later, but for now our focus is the 4 new workouts."

Any updates? TIA, Deb

Everything we have been working on for the last 2 1/2 years will finally be announced and revealed during the August road trip and soon thereafter on this site. :)

Dang. All you lucky gals who are going to the Road Trip will get to hear it first! I'll try to be patient. ;)

Well, really sucks for those of us who are huge fans and loyal customers to be "left out" on plans.

So if we can't go on the Roadtrip, we can't have any news.

The people who can afford the Roadtrip get news before the rest of the people who (like me) can't afford the trip, do not have the time to take a roadtrip, or did not make the Roadtrip due to its being full.

That sounds like something Anna Benson would pull!

I would hope that Cathe is more thougthful of people, like me, who have bought every one of her workouts.

I have purchased all my Cathe DVDs at this website with one exception.

So I feel angry that I have to "wait" because I can't fork over the money to attend the Roadtrip.

Completely unfair and I don't care who flames me because I am pissed off over this fiasco.

It makes me so pissed, I don't even want her new DVDs -- I'll wait and buy them at Ebay.

I don't know when I have been so freaking annoyed.

I visit this website every day to see if there is news about the new videos. Then I learn I must wait until AFTER THE ROADTRIP to know anything?

That is bad, bad business.

And for the record, I've been on 2 Roadtrips, but that is before there was a fee in addition to travel expenses.

I don't recall anything like that ever happening on the two roadtrips I took.

Now the Firm did make us roadtrippers privy to "private" info on their videos....at least on one Firm Trip I took.

Is there any way you could put up an announcment the same day it's announced on the Roadtrip so we all get the news at the same time? Pretty please? :)

Sue

I can't wait to hear the new update.

Amy, I understand your frustration, but I completely understand SNM and Cathe wanting to add a little (more) excitement to the trip. I don't think they meant any offense.

Everything we announce at the roadtrip will be made available to everyone on our website and on our mailing list.

I totally agree with Amy Steppe. As difficult as this is to say, having been a loyal and enthusiastic customer for over seven years, IMHO the near-total lack of communication regarding the upcoming productions (up to and including precisely zero response on inquiries about presales) has been downright dismissive of a similarly loyal and enthusiastic customer base in general. And to be told that the non-Road-Trippers (i.e. those who couldn't get in within three minutes of the registration opening) will have to wait for updates on long-promised new features until after the road trip is really, really poor.

I did expect better. I'll probably continue to purchase DVDs on this site, but I sure won't be saying a whole lot more about them.

Annette

RE: SNM or Cathe -- any updates on this promised featur...

The presentation and announcements we’re going to make at the road trip has nothing to do with the new DVDs. Instead it has to do with new features to our website, Ipod workouts and other things we have yet to disclose. I’m not sure where you’re getting the idea that you will have to wait until after the road trip for details about the new DVDs, it is simply not true.:)

Please re-read the portion of my first post copied below:

"And to be told that the non-Road-Trippers (i.e. those who couldn't get in within three minutes of the registration opening) will have to wait for updates on long-promised new features until after the road trip is really, really poor."

Yes, the "long-promised new features" I was alluding to are indeed the IPod workouts, presumably the tutorial that Debbiedarestobefit first inquired about, etc. I understood that. I really, really did. And it's still very poor form to stage these announcements as you have planned, especially coupled with the lack of updates on the new productions.

No smiley-faces here. And, much to everyone's relief, I'm done here for the evening.

Annette

We understand people are anxious for details about the new workouts, but everyone just needs to be a little more patient. We will have more details soon! Cathe has already made an official announcement that gives you a rough idea of our filming schedule and has told you that further details would be forth coming when she was ready. Currently Cathe is very busy working on all of the new workout prep details and having a very busy week being a Mom with two kids graduating from school and getting ready to start their summer. This leaves very little time for her to be on the forums to answer your questions, but she will do her best and should return after this hectic week ends.
We have always kept our customers more informed about our new projects than any other company I know and this time will be no exception. Cathe has answered nearly 6000 threads and thousands of emails which is more than any other instructor in the world. In fact, it may be more than all the other instructors combined.
Our behind the scenes blog was an industry first, and a tremendous amount of time and effort goes into making it. As we have already stated we will use our blog once again to tell you the story about Cathe’s new workouts, but not until the proper time. We’re not trying to be secretive, were just simply not ready to start telling the story yet. This is also true of our presale. Once we’re ready we will make announcement that will appear in our forums and on our home page of www.cathe.com. We will also email an official announcement to anyone on our mailing list. So if checking our website everyday is driving you nuts, just sign up for our mailing list and when an announcement is made you will be among the first to know.
:)

My understanding at 1st was that the new DVD's and presale info would be announced at the roadtrip. I thought that was weird, but I think I understand now. The new projects ex. IPod workouts would be announced at the roadtrip. This does make sense to me, because if they introduce the new ideas to a small group SNM could have some of the questions ironed out before they are presented to the website.

Just my 2 cents!

Debbie:)

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Nearly every company I know including the inventor of the Ipod, “Apple Computers” release their new product details at PR events just like our road trip. This is standard operating procedure for most companies and you would be hard pressed to find any marketing expert that would disagree. Perhaps you’re under the impression that you will have to wait days for details about what we announce at the road trip. This is simply not true. We plan on loading the information onto our website shortly after the road trip presentation ends. I’m sure a lot of road trippers will also post details of the event. I can’t imagine how or why this would bother anyone?:)

Debbie,

That was my first thought too. I'm sure there will be a lot of questions after they make their announcements. Having announced, explained how the new features will work, and answering questions in real time would help produce a better online announcement and explaination. Also, there would be ~106 roadtrippers willing to help answer questions that might be missed in the online announcement. Just my take.

I can also understand how people would feel left out of the process too. I don't believe there was any offense intended by SNM.

Wendy

I agree with Wendy, I dont think that SNM or Cathe are purposely offending anyone. I understand how Amy and Aquajock (or anyone not attending the roadtrip) would feel left out, especially if you are a loyal customer for I am one of them. However, after reviewing photos from the last roadtrip, it just seems creepy that Amy Bento and Tracy Stahle have both attended the same trip and Tracy is planning on attending the upcoming roadtrip. They both have planned or announced new workout videos around the same time frame as Cathe (more than once). So I understand why SNM and Cathe would rather be quiet or give very little details until it is almost completed. The one thing that is taught in business school is that competetion is always around the corner, usually within 6months someone will copy or do something better than your business to compete and sway customers.

You cant please everyone, someone will always feel left out no matter what you do. As Cathe's fan base increases it will be harder to please people.

Btw, I am not trashing Amy or Tracy, just an observation. I caved in and bought all of Amy's and couple from Tracy, I am such a sap when it comes to workout dvd's. :7

So, let me get this...Amy and Tracy are 2 workout instructors that go to Cathe's RT? Wierd........

Thanks for the update! *happy dancing* I'll be waiting for the info anxiously and with my cc in hand. ;) :)

I am reading this thread with amazement. I remember the days when you would get a catalog or a flyer from an instructor announcing they had filmed a new workout video - and that would be the first you heard of it because there was no internet!

Now it seems we expect minute-by-minute updates. Does it really make any difference? It was fun to read the blogs on the lasting filming, and I look forward to hearing about the new ones, but isn't the end product - a workout video - the most important thing?

I feel bad for Cathe and SNM because it seems the more they try to share information and respond to inquiries the more "high maintenance" the forum's posters become.

And as for Amy and Tracy going on the RT - "weird" and "creepy" sounds like a hateful way to characterize that. If they enjoy being with others who enjoy working out - and they like Cathe's workouts - what on earth in wrong with going on the RT?

I truly think everyone needs to take a deep breath and get some perspective on all of this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.