SNM: My husband's "technical" questions

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
In talking to my husband about starting to purchase cathe downloads, he had a few questions that I couldn't find answers to. Our plan is to use something like an apple TV or mac mini to play them on our TV - less likely that we will use them on our iPods...

He is interested in technical specifications on the files (video size, format and container, bitrate)? He wants to make sure that it is a full size video and still looks good on a TV.

How many times can you download the files (if you get them once, and your hard drive crashes, can you download them again)?

Is there any copy protection (DRM)?

Thanks for appeasing my sweet engineer of a husband! :)

angie

video size = 576 x 432 ,

format = h.264

container = m4v

bitrate = tops out at 1800 kbps

We don't use DRM

You can attempt to download a file three times.

Just a little nosing in here! :)

I play mine on our Mac Mini on our 42" tv and the picture is great! No problems at all!

Tricia,

Thanks for the info. My goal (down the line) is to download all of STS. Right now we live overseas for another year or so and I don't have access to the equipment that I want (mainly a barbell and squat bench) to really make it worth while. But I'm sure this is the way I will use the downloads!

Need guidance!

I'm interested in buying the whole library for traveling ;-) My main problem is that I am technically challenged BIGTIME on downloading ;-(

I apologize in advance for sounding stupid! But Which device will best suit my desires to have all the downloads on the go? Is there an ipod that holds the whole library?

Thank you in advance!
delphene

We suggest storing your downloads on your computer and then transferring what you most commonly use to an iPod or like device. Our entire library currently takes up about 110 gigs. If you prefer, you can purchase an iPod that will hold up to 160 gigs

Thank you SNM!!!!

That's exactly what I need an ipod that can handle the whole series! Im gone shopping for that this weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.