SNM - Drill Max question

RhiannonW

Cathlete
I have 2 original Drill Max dvds. Neither copy will work in my dvd player. However, ALL of my other Cathe dvds work fine in my player. It tries to load, but nothing comes up - No FBI warning or anything, just blank screen. Tried other Cathe dvds and they all work fine as always. Took DM to another dvd and it works fine. Can you offer me any ideas as to what might be different between DM and the other Cathe dvds in that series? Is DM dup'd with some sort of slight difference than the other dvds? If it was my player I would think the other Cathe tapes wouldn't work either. But if it was the dvd it wouldn't work in other players. Can you help? I don't know what else to try to troubleshoot. What's strange is it happens with both copies of Drill Max, but no other Cathe dvds.

Thanks for anything you can suggest.

Where did you buy the dvd? Is it possible that it is bootleg? I know there are lots of dvd's on ebay that are bootleg.

Both copies are from Cathe's website

That's the kicker, they both came directly ordered from Cathe's website. I messed up my original order and had to order an additional copy so now I have 2.

SNM support is wonderful. They will know exactly what you ordered and when. I've found them always fast and efficient.

I was burned by ordering a Cathe DVD on e-bay and was unable to return it once I realized it was defective. I will only buy direct from SNM now.

Have a great day!
Dawn

Maybe Drill Max is too much of a workout even for your DVD player! Maybe it's a sign ... stay away...LOL!:D

Actually, I recall they had some problems with the initial duplication of the 2006 DVDs. Maybe you got one (or 2) of the bad discs. yes, contact support.

I laughed soooooo hard at that. Drill Max is too much of a workout for my DVD, every time I put it in it just re-opens the DVD drawer!!!!! I took that as a sign. Got a new DVD player and it works fine. BUMMER!!!!
ellie

I have 2 original Drill Max dvds. Neither copy will work in my dvd player. However, ALL of my other Cathe dvds work fine in my player. It tries to load, but nothing comes up - No FBI warning or anything, just blank screen. Tried other Cathe dvds and they all work fine as always. Took DM to another dvd and it works fine. Can you offer me any ideas as to what might be different between DM and the other Cathe dvds in that series? Is DM dup'd with some sort of slight difference than the other dvds? If it was my player I would think the other Cathe tapes wouldn't work either. But if it was the dvd it wouldn't work in other players. Can you help? I don't know what else to try to troubleshoot. What's strange is it happens with both copies of Drill Max, but no other Cathe dvds.

Thanks for anything you can suggest.

One of the hardest things to explain to people is that all DVDs titles are unique. We may all call them the same thing, but none are exactly the same. In your case you’re having a problem playing our Drill Max DVDs on one of your players while they both play fine on another player? So, how can this be? To answer your question you must first understand that a DVD player is really just a computer and contains hardware and an operating system. Even DVD players made by the same manufacturer will have slight differences in their operating systems from model to model and year to year. Sometimes, there is slight defect in the code in the player’s operating system that may only affect one in every 1,000 DVD titles made. You may never purchase a DVD that your player has a problem with, but if you buy enough DVDs you will eventually find one that will not work or will have some issue on your player. It is impossible for a DVD manufacturer to write code for their DVD players’ operating system that will work perfectly on every DVD made.

Another problem can be a simple small piece of dirt on your player’s laser lens. This may cause some DVDs not to load. It is always a good idea to purchase a DVD laser lens cleaning kit. I would say in problems like yours you have about a 30% to 50% chance that cleaning your lasers lens may solve your problem. There are no guarantees, but even if cleaning doesn’t help in this case it will help avoid problems with other discs.

Also, make sure to really clean your discs well. I doubt this is the problem because you have two discs of the same title that are having an issue, but it certainly cannot hurt to try.

Finally, the only way to tell if a problem is the disc or the player is to try the discs on other players. Bad discs usually won’t play on any players, but if you play both discs on several players without problems then you know the problem is the player, not the discs.

I took the other option. Bought a cheap dvd from supermarket. All previous dvd's that played up now play fine. Now I would not invest in an expensive dvd player.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.