Slim Series or P90X

RachelleS

Cathlete
I was thinking of ordering the Slim Series but then I saw a few post about the P90X. Is there anyone that does Cathe but uses the Slim Series too? Love to hear anyone's opinion and how they incorporate the two. And for those that purchased P90X - how they are going to incorporate it in with Cathe. Thanks! Rachelle

I have the Slim Series, and whenever I need a change, I just use them for a week or two. I do not incorporate them regularly into my workout. I just got Power 90X yesterday. I am going to Chicago next weekend with my mom, so I think I will start them after I get back. I know I was not much help, but I do like the Slim series for a change.
Lori

I have Slim Series (& Slim in 6) & P90x. I have rotated Slim Series & Slim in 6 with Cathe's endurance workouts such as Power Hour, Muscle Endurance & Super Sets. I've also alternated Slim Series with Cathe's cardio such as the Imaxes, Rythmic Step, Step & Intervals etc. I've also done a straight 6 week Slim Series rotation followed by a CTX rotation. And I've also used Slow & Heavy and then followed that up with a Slim Series rotation.(Gosh, I've done a lot of rotations!!!)

I've been substituting Cathe's Kick Punch & Crunch for Kenpo in my P90x rotation. Any of Cathe's cardio can be used for the cardio workouts in P90x. I think that her interval workouts are a great addition to P90x work.

Hi Rachelle,
Whenever I see a post for the Slim Series I have to chime in... I love the Slim Series! I tried the SS rotation first without modifying my crummy diet and still managed to lose weight and inches. I then tried it again with a cleaner diet and that is when I saw the best results. (I loss close to 2 dress sizes in my lower body). I was not really concerned w/ the weight -- I was in a healthy range to begin with, but, I just wanted to firm up the flab. It worked.

I now use the Slim Series mixed in w/ my Cathe workouts. I've found this works great for maintenance and for a boredom buster. I don't really follow any rotation with them - I just grab what I feel like doing that day. On any given week the Slim Series is used 1-3 times per week.

I've been hearing great things about the P90x series -- I'm currently 31 weeks pregnant and plan on getting this series after the baby is born. The plyometrics video sounds great to get me back into shape and ready for all the jumping required w/ volleyball.

Thank you so much for the responses. I have been at a standstill weight wise since December and I need to lose another 20 pounds - it is so hard for me to believe that working out with Cathe 5 days a week that I'm not losing!!!! Her workouts are at a level that I've never exercised before. It's wonderful. I think I will order the Slim Series first if they ever come out with another coupon and then save my money for the 90x. Thank you so much for your responses, I really apprecaite them. Congrats on your success with them and Cathe!!!!

Rachelle

I got the SS two weeks ago from the YaYa's Swap. I was skeptical at first if I was going to like them because the instructor is on the GOOFY side and wasn't CATHE. Neither was she a Susan Harris. But after awhile you just start to laugh at her. The production is better than I expected. Don't mind the breathing or the music really. What i do like is that the lower body work isn't as intense as CATHEs so I can still go run and not have severe DOMS. You get a great workout with itsy bitsy weights and use very little space. I was wondering the other day how 1 lb. ankle weights could kill so bad during the quad extensions. Because they don't push you to failure you can still do the workouts the next day. That's all good.

I had been doing Cathe workouts almost exclusively for over a year. I just could not break the plautue I was in. I did a Slim Series rotation for only 4 weeks and lost 5lbs and alot of inches. I was shocked! It just melted off so fast and easy. So, if you need a change or to break a plautue, go for the Slim Series and then go for the P90x. I'm doing P90x right now and am toning up like crazy. These are both great workout programs. Cathe is great, but sometimes my body is in need of something totally different to see a change.
I wish she'd come out with a series similar to P90x.}(

i'm finishing up my 3rd week of P90X. i'm not incorporating Cathe's workouts at all at this point, although i think as i go along i'll probably pop in her kickboxing style workouts in place of the KenpoX workout just for variety.

there are three different ways to do P90X. Classic (if you want to focus on muscle growth) Lean (if you need to lose some bodyfat) and Doubles (if you really want to burn the fat and add extra cardio). i'm doing the Lean program the first time around. when i finish i may either go back through again doing the Classic, or i may do a Cathe rotation. i need to keep changing programs to keep things interesting.

i love the instructor - Tony Horton. this man is 45 years old and in incredible shape. he works you hard, but he's a goofball too. and like Cathe, he always introduces unique exercises.

i love the fact that you do something different every day. Yoga, Kenpo, Strength Training, Cardio, Core - i feel like i'm getting fit all over. i can't say enough good things about this program. i love it. and the ab workout will wreck you.

i've heard great things about Slim Series too, but haven't tried it myself. keep us posted on what you decide. :)

i'm finishing up my 3rd week of P90X. i'm not incorporating Cathe's workouts at all at this point, although i think as i go along i'll probably pop in her kickboxing style workouts in place of the KenpoX workout just for variety.

there are three different ways to do P90X. Classic (if you want to focus on muscle growth) Lean (if you need to lose some bodyfat) and Doubles (if you really want to burn the fat and add extra cardio). i'm doing the Lean program the first time around. when i finish i may either go back through again doing the Classic, or i may do a Cathe rotation. i need to keep changing programs to keep things interesting.

i love the instructor - Tony Horton. this man is 45 years old and in incredible shape. he works you hard, but he's a goofball too. and like Cathe, he always introduces unique exercises.

i love the fact that you do something different every day. Yoga, Kenpo, Strength Training, Cardio, Core - i feel like i'm getting fit all over. i can't say enough good things about this program. i love it. and the ab workout will wreck you.

i've heard great things about Slim Series too, but haven't tried it myself. keep us posted on what you decide. :)

Hi Rachelle

I just started Slim Series this week, along with Cathe cardio- KPC, both IMAXes. I have been using Cathe tapes exclusively since mid 1990's and needed something new. I'll keep you updated!

Good luck:)
Angie.

I started the Lean Rotation of P90X just this week and I love it so far..except for the Plyo workout. I most likely will sub either KPC or Kenpo for it next week. I too just love Tony! He's so funny and it makes the time fly by when you're sweating and grunting and laughing at his goofy comments.

I love SS as well and have very good results with it. I've often wondered how much I'd freak my body out if I did an SS/Slow&Heavy rotation. One day endurance, the next day, heavy. I imagine I'd end up dead. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.