Size Zero Women's Clothing Retailers?

Aquajock

Cathlete
Ladies, I know this might come off as posturing on my part, but I'm really, really screwed: the only clothing retailer that I'm aware of that consistently carried size zero women's professional and casual clothing, Petite Sophisticates (part of the Casual Corner Group) is now GONE. In fact, the entire Casual Corner Group is gone as in Out O' Business, which is a big shame because they carried great working women's wear at reasonable prices.

Does anyone know of any other retailers that now carry that size? I'm willing to shop at their online stores if necessary (no EBay, though, nor any other auction sites).

Any suggestions would be helpful.

TIA -

A-Jock

I have no great stores to tell you about A-Jock....but I really cried when I saw the sign in the window....and of course I saw it too late to grab any bargins!! They had the best pants for my short little legs......boohoo.

Donna

I know The Limited carries size 0. They don't have suits but they do have dress slacks, blouses, sweaters, etc. Maybe Ann Taylor as well, more specifically Ann Taylor Loft...I know they have petite sizes but not sure about size 0. Also try Banana Republic. If I think of anymore I'll let you know. Keep in mind, some of these places carry more "true to size" sizes so meaning if you wear a size 4, in their clothes you may actually need a size 6. So make sure you try on the smallest size a store has to offer as it may in fact fit.

Deni

Tillard and Chica, thank you both VERY MUCH for your suggestions. JCrew especially looks right up my alley, style-wise. Donna, thanks for sharing the pain.

You just gotta know I'm a serious Un-Shopper - I hate shopping, especially clothes shopping, and life was so easy when P.S. was there when I needed to update my work wardrobe.

Thanks again - and keep the suggestions coming, people!

A-Jock

A-Jock,

I was really bummed out when I found out Casual Corner was going out of business at our local mall - I guess I didn't realize that it was nationwide.

I needed to buy a dress for a New Years Eve wedding - the only place I can find my size which is a 2 is at Casual Corner - I did pick up some good bargains for everything was 75% off.

I told the clerk there how it was hard to even find the size 2's or 0's anywhere else. She did say there was another store in the mall that did carry those sizes - I can't remember what the name was though.

The next time I go to the mall, I will check it out - for she said it was right down from their store.

I, too, hate shopping for those same reasons - I can never find my size in any misses department - I end up looking in the Junior section and at the age of 50 needless to say - I don't want to wear the teeny bopper stuff. But I find people don't want to hear about this kind of problem - so I try to keeep quiet about it.

I might look at the other sights that people posted.

Cheryl

Hi A-Jock - As a fellow size O, I can tell you that both Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft (lower priced than the regular Ann Taylor) are mainstays for me (for both work and casual clothing). I also have luck at Marshall Field's and Nordstrom, if those stores are available in your neck of the woods. I can usually find some casual stuff at Old Navy.

Good Luck to you...
Juice

A-Jock,
I was always too tall for Petite Sophisticates, but I did try their zeros and they fit all but in length. You will find the zeros way too large in both Ann Taylor and Banana Republic, but Banana Republic will alter them for free. Most of the higher end department stores carry a limited amount of zeros (ie: Nordstrom and my DH's favorite that he so frequently calls "Needless Markup" aka Neiman Marcus)as well as J Crew. Bebe also has a good selection of trendy zeros true to size. I can really relate to your problem...I'm a zero but not petite so I believe I have an even tougher time finding pants (most zeros are petite). I don't think your post is posturing at all....I honestly think it is a lot easier to find clothes when you are above a size 4. I wear a four to six in tops and have no problem buying them, but pants and skirts...forget about it..

Robin :)

When I was wearing a size 0 petite from Petite Sophisticate, I also could wear size 1 slacks from the Gap. Of course, this is mostly casual wear instead of dressy suits... Just wanted to throw this out for you as well.

It truly is sad that they have gone out of business. I really like how their clothing fits my frame.... Now, I buy everything from Ann Taylor. You may want to consider trying on their different styled slacks. Some fit at the waist, some just below the belly button and some are lower still.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Lorrayne

Rocky's been having the hardest time finding clothes in his size too so he's decided to knit all his ponchos and everything else himself.:p

A-Jock,

I only wish that i knew, Hell, i only wish i knew what it felt like to be a size 0x( x( Oh well, Good luck finding places that have your size!

Ann Marie:+

Just curious - does wearing a size 0 actually mean you're invisible? ;-) I can't even imagine.

Banana Republic does! I know, because they announced that they are also going to be releasing a size double zero, and that blew my mind.

Kathy

>Banana Republic does! I know, because they announced that
>they are also going to be releasing a size double zero, and
>that blew my mind.
>

Kathy,
Really? Wow! Did you hear when? Banana Republic's regular zeros are not true to size (they are actually larger and I always have to have them altered to fit) but maybe their double zeros will really be true size zero:)

Why don't all clothing lines make standard sizes??? Do they really think women are that dumb and would rather buy something that says a smaller size than they really are? Who the heck is looking at your tags anyway? I just don't understand it. It would make it so much easier to buy clothes.

Robin

I don't think I know what a size 0 is! LOL! I know Robin is right though about having a hard time finding jeans long enough, especially in size 0...why do jeans ALWAYS seems to run shorter in the length the smaller the size? I think in general it is hard for fit women to find jeans to fit. We are a rare few and most designs are geared towards the muffin tops (wider waistlines). You could throw a tennis ball in my jeans when I am sitting down, that is how much room I have around the waist so I usually have to wear a belt.

Charlotte~~

Double zero, eh? That may actually reflect a true size 0. I tried on their size 0 and they were too big on me.

Nice to put that in my hip pocket for the next time I'm back down to that size.

Robin, the stores realize that women are not that dumb. Unfortunately they do know that we are that vain. I (confession here) am one of those people who will not even try on a larger size because it I have a number that is stuck in my head. Maybe once I get back to a healthier weight I'll be able to get over that. I would love to get back into 5's which is what I'm working on. Even when I weighed 102 lbs I was not a zero. Of course back then, I don't think they even made zeros. 2's & 3's were the smallest I remember. Am I dating myself or was I just shopping at the wrong stores?LOL

I do wish each of you, looking for stores comparable to Casual Corner, the best of luck in finding a replacement. Please continue to post when you find a keeper. I really loved Casuaul Corner. My dh would do my Xmas shopping there and I would end up the cutest outfits. I didn't even know they closed until yesterday when I was at the mall. Then I read here last night that it closed nationwide. That really stinks. I wonder why they went out of business?

Jean

Being very tiny - 5' 1 1/2" and weighing about 94 lbs., I have major problems finding suits to fit me. I work in the corporate world and need to look nice on the job. I was having some luck with the Breaking Loose brand (JC Penney or Strawberry) (buying size 3 and altering the pants). - I like that brand because it is machine washable. But lately Ann Taylor is a joke - a size 0 is like a size 5 - so how can a small person find anything? I hate shopping and am just using what I have at the moment. maryann

I hear your frustration, Maryann. I was really getting depressed not finding anything that will fit. However, it looks like you found something that works well for you.
Lorrayne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.